Dark Heresy General

This area is for stories written in groups, and collaborative fiction-based games.

Re: Dark Heresy General

Postby Maugan Ra » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:33 am

Right. There's a possibility that I will be late to our session tomorrow, as I have a barbeque to attend with my cousin. It was meant to be today, but he and his friends are all apparently massively hungover, so we shuffled the schedule a bit.

Now, I think the barbeque is going to take place around midday or just after, but I have no idea how long it will go on for (or the afterparty, for that matter). So, I might be back in time for the session, I might not. If not, try and get a daemonsword for me, would you? :lol:
Maugan, your slow descent into madness is starting to look more like a BASE jump...
- Rahvin

The 210th Cadian - Tanks, heavy weapons, and an ongoing hatred of Land Raiders.
W: 41
D: 6
L: 14
Maugan Ra

Postby Obscura Boy » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:44 pm

Done deal, but you're gonna have to dislodge it from my broken, bleeding torso. You cool with that?
My other car is a Land Raider.
Obscura Boy

Postby Maugan Ra » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:28 pm

It's cool. I take all my equipment from the bleeding bodies of my friends and/or foes.
Maugan, your slow descent into madness is starting to look more like a BASE jump...
- Rahvin

Maugan Ra

Postby Xisor » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:29 pm

In the spirit of leaving Ra out of the loop, what's the earliest folks are actually available tomorrow? I ought to be about most of the afternoon (e.g. from about 1.30pm onwards) and I'd be rather keen to have a shufty at doing a madcap very-lengthy session. Hardly necessary, but I'm keen to duel (albeit support by plenty of back-up [i.e. you lot!]) with the daemon.
Admin of Ruin
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Obscura Boy » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:12 pm

Dunno. The one thing I do know is that a 1:30pm start, as attractive as it sounds, isn't going to be possible! :P I would be up for starting a little earlier if that's what people want to do, but I don't really know when I'd be available before the usual 5pm. I'm pretty sure I'll be doing stuff during the day tomorrow, but I don't yet know exactly when that 'stuff' would end.

I'll get back to y'all. Word.
Obscura Boy

Postby Maugan Ra » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:13 am

OK, confirmed, barring horrendous traffic or something I should be back home by 5pm, so probably won't be late.

Spoke to Phil on MSN earlier, he reckons he's going for the standard 6pm start (I think he might still be in the whole educational system thing...), but that might change.
- Rahvin

Maugan Ra

Postby Corrigan Phoenix » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:21 pm

I'm not in the educational system thing, not until September, but it allows for people to assemble. If there are sufficient present at 5, then by all means I'll unleash it at you, just don't come crying to me. Yes, I'm looking at you Obscura ;)
Corrigan Phoenix

Postby Xisor » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:29 pm

Excellent, I'll def be around by then. Just waiting on my supervisor to finish whatever he's doing in his tiny office with four other academics and actually meet with me. I'm sure he said *before* 2pm, not *after*!
Admin of Ruin
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Xisor » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:49 pm

Well, I am impressed.

We had Mira jumping from a firestorm-ridden ventilation shaft. We had Klightus bolt-pinning the daemohost, we had Thvash wetting himself, falling from his hover and going quite bonkers after barely surviving the fall. We had Inebrilon failing comprehensively to do very much. We had Mira headshotting the DH mid-fall (it survived). We had Thvash obliterate it with his raygun (it survived). We had Inebrilon finally blast it with her sorcery (it almost died). We tried to bind it to Mira's excellent sword (it survived). Just as it fled for the warp (since Inebrilon had 'held it in place' for binding) it tried to possess Inebrilon. They engaged in a long-running mental battle of wit and will (it survived). In fact, there was everything to play for when Mira and Klightus forgot that they were vaguely radical and decided to go surprisingly puritan. Mira shot Inebrilon (six times in the head). Thvash shot Mira. Klightus shot Thvash. Thvash died, Inebrilon decided to invite in the daemon (and thus stand a chance of surviving Mira's shot, it survived...now Ine's a Daemon Vessel though).

In the spirit of awesome, Ine picked herself up (as you do, after being shot six times in the head) and cowed the other two by acting as if everything was perfectly normal. She then went on to pin Thvash's fleeing spirit to the sword and ensure Lord Lucan's Thvash survives. As a sword.

So, there we are. One character possessed, one character bound to a sword. Everyone lives happily ever after. Sortof.

The end?

Oh my no!
Admin of Ruin
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby LordLucan » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:10 am

We always triumph... in a way...

Excellent session I thought.
Check out my debut fantasy novel from Fox Spirit Books, The Hobgoblin's Herald (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hobgoblins-Herald-R-Aston/dp/1910462047). If you've read it, please rate and review it on amazon; I'd be eternally grateful. The sequel, Eater of Names, is out in 2018, so watch this space.
LordLucan

Postby Obscura Boy » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:57 pm

'Twas a brilliant session, to be sure. My favourite part was watching Thvash's limp corpse fly backwards, internal organs turned to mush by a hail of autogun rounds.

:twisted:

That's what I call justice.
Obscura Boy

Postby LordLucan » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:20 pm

Yeah, that wasn't a massive highlight for me... :P

But on the plus side, I'm a sword! :P

On the negative side... I'm a sword... :(
Check out my debut fantasy novel from Fox Spirit Books, The Hobgoblin's Herald (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hobgoblins-Herald-R-Aston/dp/1910462047). If you've read it, please rate and review it on amazon; I'd be eternally grateful. The sequel, Eater of Names, is out in 2018, so watch this space.
LordLucan

Postby Xisor » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:07 am

All this week I've been forgetting then remembering that you're a sword, LL. Makes for highly entertaining moments of thoughtfulness.

Moreover, go to your Dark Eldar codex. Reread the Djin Blade entry. Have a brainwave.
Admin of Ruin
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby LordLucan » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:11 am

Xisor wrote:All this week I've been forgetting then remembering that you're a sword, LL. Makes for highly entertaining moments of thoughtfulness.

Moreover, go to your Dark Eldar codex. Reread the Djin Blade entry. Have a brainwave.

waaaaay ahead of you Xizor... ;)

(phil has plans for Thvash too apparently. watch this space...)
LordLucan

Postby Xisor » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:48 am

LordLucan wrote:waaaaay ahead of you Xizor... ;)

*Looks at post counts*

Apparently not! :P

More sensibly, I've had a few odd ideas for Inebrilon. One is to displace her daemon into something else. Something, potentially, better. E.g. building a stompy robot body for the daemon? (This'd be a good way of testing for Thvash's return/reincarnation. Have the daemon steal the prototype?)

The trouble there is that one might sensibly ask "Would a daemon ever voluntarily end possession?". My thinking is 'yes, totally, you unimaginative berks', but that's both 1- needlessly aggressive and 2- probably not the opinion shared by others.

So the trick is: Inebrilon has to find a way to offer the daemon 'something better' without getting herself killed. (Moreover, she doesn't want [and more specifically: I don't want her] to lose her 'Thy Name I Keep' bonus, mainly because it's ruddy nifty, but if she just attempts to exorcise her daemon, that'll happen and she'll go back to being a wrinkly old bat.)

It should be little surprise to you that this is occupying a lot of my time!
Admin of Ruin
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Maugan Ra » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:14 am

So, yes, Mira died. Rather messily as well. Pinned under a giant Naga, with half her face chewed off, she then took the brunt of a grenade blast from Frank. Horribly mauled and unconscious, there was little she could do when the Naga reached down and tore her head from her body.

So now, I'm taking over as GM, mainly because Phil offered the position to me. Same characters and campaign as before, just with a change in who's running it.
- Rahvin

Maugan Ra

Postby Xisor » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:28 am

With Ine promoted to potential/likely villain status, (though she created daemon-sword Thvash and channelled the bulk of the energy of the device into the daemon she's carrying [because Mira shot her in the head mid-battle-with-daemon], she's either a villain or highly complicit), I need to up the bio for Gasket 'Fixer' Dummell, a hive scrum reclaimator! And now, purveyor of daemon-slaying goods (e.g. frag grenades)!

To the background writing bits!
Admin of Ruin
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Xisor » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:49 pm

Maugan Ra is commuting his tenure as GM, I've stepped up to the plate.

We'll continue on Mondays starting at roughly 6pm as usual.

Format is:
Xisor's Xexy Xp Xtravaganza

9000xp starting characters from Rogue Trader or Dark Heresy.
7 month's wages (as determined by your highest rank) plus five hundred thrones per character as your 'petty cash and investments' (e.g. your gear).
I likely will allot the group a profit factor, and possible an Influence stat too as well as detail some other 'resources' for which you're aware of.)

Ranks go 1-8 broken down to lumps of 500/500/1000/1000/2000/2000/3000/3000, so you'll have XP to spend as follows: 500/500/1000/1000/2000/2000/2000, which puts you 2000xp into Rank 7, or in Rogue Trader, 2000xp into Rank 2.

I'm expecting a slightly more investigative/sandbox campaign than what we've had recently, but as you're not totally autonomous, you'll still have to be dealing with superiors and people giving you orders.

If you've preference for Ordo/boss affiliation, do shout and I'll aim to accommodate. E.g. if you'd prefer to be beholden to an Inquisitor, to a Conclave, to an Inquisitorial Fortress, agents engaged by the Mechanicus or a major corporation, a rogue agent, perhaps even delegates of a Rogue Trader.

Cheers,
Xisor
Admin of Ruin
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Rahvin » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:18 pm

Wait, we're all dead again? Oh dear.

But still... the thought of a mechanicus-focused game of either philosophical bent is mighty appealing.
Rahvin

Postby Xisor » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:44 pm

The rough breakdown of suggested characters is:
- Lord Lucan: 'unfrozen' Lucifer Black (Arch Militant with a few Elite Advances)
- Maugan Ra: Techpriest-scientist
- Obscura: Forgeworld Scum
- Phoenix: Mind Cleansed Cleric

Others are certainly welcome. And I'm pondering how to push the philosophical/creed intrigue in a way that's both stimulating and not (necessarily) 'now you have to kill each other'.

Folks coming in from other backgrounds/interests are obviously welcome too, if you don't want to double-up on careers, but I'm quite happy to have multiple tech-priests, multiple-clerics etc.
Admin of Ruin
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Collaborative Fiction