Drabble Challenge: Heresy

An area for literary challenges and ongoing competitive events of all kinds.

Drabble Challenge: Heresy

Postby MisterEd » Fri May 06, 2011 7:48 am

Write a drabble. That's 100 words, no more, no less. For those who want a bonus challenge, you have 24 hours from the point of accepting this assignment to get it done. Note this in your reply.
A Dictionary definition of todays word: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/heresy

The Theme word for this Drabble shall be: Heresy
MisterEd

Re: Drabble Challenge: Heresy

Postby Phalanx » Fri May 06, 2011 8:28 am

‘Drop the weapon,’ ordered the inquisitor. The grey knights behind him levelled their nemesis weapons.

The space marine stared down at the daemon sword in his hand for a moment before looking back up. ‘Don’t you understand? Chaos can be beaten with its own weapons!’

The inquisitor shook his head in a pitying manner. ‘Chaos cannot be controlled, for good or evil. It simply is. It uses people; uses victims; uses you.’

The space marine sighed, ‘Has the imperium become so narrow-minded that you cannot see past the dogma?’

The inquisitor glared narrowly at him, ‘I have heard enough, Relictor.’
"There is an impothter among uth, and he touched my ath!"
ChrisDamico.co.uk
Phalanx

Postby MisterEd » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:44 pm

The enemy was coming, so Sanderson dug down, and dug deep. Without a shelter, he and his men where open targets, so they dug for survival.

Pity about the shovels though. The Munitorium had not supplied entrenching tools and the like to the Sandersons men instead delivering boxes and of Ecclisarchial equipment. Robes, incense, pews. The men had found a use for them all, though never their intended purpose.

Sanderson mused that perhaps, digging a trench with the sacred aquilla was heresy, and if so, shuddered to think what the Emperor had made of their use of the hymn books.

(One Hundred Words, bang on.)
MisterEd

Postby Stuart000X » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:19 pm

The Deliverer

Smoke filled the room rapidly. Burnt timber fell to the floor in a cloud of billowing ash.

Stepping through the breach, the grey giant saw the dark forms of dead bodies. Piercing the gloom, its helmet green lenses could see a survivor.

Kneeling and with his palms clasped together, he muttered an inaudible prayer to the idol in front of him, a statue of a rearing bull.

‘Let not the heretic to live,’ Erebus spoke aloud to himself.

Boltpistol in hand, the giant answered the fool’s prayers of deliverance with a bullet to the head.

‘For the Emperor,’
Stuart000X

Postby Stuart000X » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:21 pm

Nice tale Ed, it was quite amusing :)
Stuart000X

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:47 pm

100 words, right on.

Oaths

‘You do know that they will call all of us heretics do you not?’ asked Athenaar. ‘We are committing a great crime against the Imperium, and the Inquisition will not let us go easily.’

‘I know, brother, but we have no choice, for Thulsa Kane has remit from the Chapter Master himself on this,’ answered Vanagar. ‘And in my office as a Death Speaker I answer only to him. What he has said must be so.’

‘We are the Executioners, and we always honour our oaths,’ said Athenaar.

‘Bring your squad Sergeant Athenaar; we depart aboard the Night Hag immediately.’
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution

Postby Commander Shadow » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:14 pm

Fraternis Militia ringed the oratory pulpit, their polished, dented armor an aging silver flash against the black and brown uniforms of the factory workers.

Murina pushed her way to the front of the crowd. Elbowing a man out of the way. Deacon Buderan stood before her, conducting the mass.

“What’ve you done to my boy!” she screamed above the chanting choir. “You bastard, what’d you do to him?”

The flabby, elderly man looked down at her.

“Heretic,” he decreed with a wave of his hand.

One of the guards raised his stubgun. There was a harsh crack and the choir continued to sing.
- And there arose from the abyss a terrible beast and the armies of man were laid low by the walls of the ancient city. The ground shook and the skies trembled and all knew as the beast had come forth and that the end of time was upon them.

"Shadow is always right, except when he tries to save his men from charging orks" - Ang
Commander Shadow

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:56 am

Sheesh dude. Chilling.
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution

Postby Commander Shadow » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:55 pm

thanks! :D
- And there arose from the abyss a terrible beast and the armies of man were laid low by the walls of the ancient city. The ground shook and the skies trembled and all knew as the beast had come forth and that the end of time was upon them.

"Shadow is always right, except when he tries to save his men from charging orks" - Ang
Commander Shadow

Return to Board index

Return to Competitions and Challenges