The Shape of the Nightmare to Come [50K]

For Warhammer fiction not strictly from either universe.

The Shape of the Nightmare to Come [50K]

Postby LordLucan » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:58 pm

Here is a link to my 51st Millennium background story.

I hope you all like it:

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/sho ... hp?t=51806
Check out my debut fantasy novel from Fox Spirit Books, The Hobgoblin's Herald (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hobgoblins-Herald-R-Aston/dp/1910462047). If you've read it, please rate and review it on amazon; I'd be eternally grateful. The sequel, Eater of Names, is out in 2018, so watch this space.
LordLucan

Re: The Shape of the Nightmare to Come [50K]

Postby Gaius Marius » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:21 pm

Pffftt, just like it? :lol: 8-)

Also,

Spoiler: Save us. Save us Primarch. Save us Vulkan.

BEST. LINE. EVER.

I seriously get goosebumps reading that.
Space Cowboy, Spartan II, Specter, Reclusiarch

'I see the fear you have inside.'
Gaius Marius

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:17 pm

LL, holy frakkin Emperor. I was just re-reading your 50k to do some 'research' for my own piece and guess what I came across?

Only the Raven Guard’s fragments, who were always used ot fighting in dispersed disparate groups, maintained their dignity and honour to any permanent level. They were the ones who answered desperate pleas for help, and they stole only from their enemies, refusing to assault fellow post-Imperialists.

That's my Corvians in a nut-shell!
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution

Postby Dark Angel » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:38 pm

Hm, brilliant in my reread as it was originally.

Though - What happened to the Khan's children? I can't seem to find anything about them, and I want to return to my beloved Storm Lords; especially in a 50K/60K setting.

I've got a fiction in mind, but I've got a question that would be central, if you care to answer - What happened to the White Scars and Chogoris?
"I say, Mosley, what is your movement's attitude towards birth control?" Mosley drew himself up to his
full height, hands on hips, and looked the young man up and down, before replying:
"After looking at you, I should think the question of birth control comes about twenty
years too late. Next question, please." The questioner subsided into his seat, and the
meeting continued to a triumphant conclusion. There were no further interruptions.
Dark Angel

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:46 pm

LL, I am assuming that the 50k setting has gotten all the updates it is going to get anytime soon?

Any plans to come back to this?
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Postby LordLucan » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:24 pm

Nah, this setting is as complete as it needs to be. I leave it open for anyone else to add to and expand in their own stories (as was intended).
Check out my debut fantasy novel from Fox Spirit Books, The Hobgoblin's Herald (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hobgoblins-Herald-R-Aston/dp/1910462047). If you've read it, please rate and review it on amazon; I'd be eternally grateful. The sequel, Eater of Names, is out in 2018, so watch this space.
LordLucan

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:00 pm

OK, I finally read the whole thing today. Sheesh. Took me a few hours. Good stuff though. Cheers.

shadowhawk2008

Return to Board index

Return to Warhammer Adrift