New Audio Dramas

Considering Black Library books, products and events.

New Audio Dramas

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:50 am

Here is the first of the new audio dramas announced on the BL site/via email.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/audio/new-t ... short.html

By Nick Kyme and about Ko'tan Kadai, Captain of the Fourth Company with a dark fate in a short story in the Heroes of the Space Marines anthology.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/coming-soon ... rrows.html

And this is the Raven Guard audio drama about Shadow Captaun Koryn by George Mann with that fantastic artwork released a few days ago.
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution

Re: New Audio Dramas

Postby Liliedhe » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:02 am

Looking forward to both - already preordered the Salamanders one. I like the audiodramas a lot.
"You were a warleader, a fighter, when did you gain such illuminating insight into the minds of others?"
"I learned such things as you and your brothers applied brand to my flesh and parted skin with rasp and knife," snarled Astelan. "When your witches tried to prise open my mind they opened me for an instant and I stared back."
Liliedhe

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:54 am

I am hoping to pick some up at GD :)
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution

Postby paulus » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:34 pm

Hi guys and girls

Firstly I want to say I'm a big fan of audio books/ dramas so this is in no way me moaning but how come raven guard are getting their 3rd audio drama and a chapter like the dark angels havent had one so far?

I'm sure there is a good reason for this, any ideas?

Also any talk of a gaunts ghosts one?
paulus

Postby Xisor » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:02 pm

paulus wrote:I'm sure there is a good reason for this, any ideas?

Depends on whether you think "Nobody's been excited/inspired enough to write one, yet" is a good reason or not.

Like the White Scars not having a Heresy novel, it's not strictly because of a major decision...the opportunity just hasn't come up. One wonders why any faction gets an audio book; few (if any) stories demand the format, so it's really then down to whether anyone wants to write one.

The Night Lords & Salamanders ones are clear tie-ins to the novels. (Likely fostered by Kyme & D-B being asked to contribute to the audio side.)

I doubt there's a serious 'agenda' behind the audiobooks other than "these make a decent amount of money and people really quite like them [except those eejits who think they're an assault on their intelligence], anyone got some ideas for some more?"

As it stands, Dan Abnett's only written one so far (The Keeler Image) and that's already been delayed (perhaps indicating it still hasn't been written, which is a shame as I do enjoy Dan's work), so I'd be hesitant on expecting GGs ones any time soon.

Which reminds me, I need to get Throne of Lies. The upside to audiobooks is they seem to be very quick from concept/commission through to release; this is an aspect I very much applaud. Makes them much more...unexpected! :)
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby paulus » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:45 pm

Definalty get throne of lies it's very good, but then really enjoyed all of them, well apart from aenarion which I found not really to my liking but then I am more of a 40k fan!

Love listening to them whislt driving for my job, just listened to False gods :-)))

Yeah I can see your point re who wants to write one and how well it ties in, didn't really think of it that way :-)
paulus

Postby Xisor » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:01 am

paulus wrote:Definalty get throne of lies it's very good, but then really enjoyed all of them, well apart from aenarion which I found not really to my liking but then I am more of a 40k fan!

I'm glad to hear it! I really liked Aenarion, but it's also one of the ones I don't think I've listened to twice. It's nice, but it's not quite the same as the others. Not much...happens. So to that extent, I can totally agree with getting more from the 40k ones!

(Though I'm keen to try out the Storm God one too, now that I've thought of it.)

paulus wrote:Love listening to them whislt driving for my job, just listened to False gods :-)))

If I could drive, I'd be right there with you. As I can't, I have to suffice with them making an excellent escape whilst having to walk to otherwise boring places!

(Though, actually, Fireborn whilst at the gym worked very nicely.)
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby paulus » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:14 am

Fraid I can't comment on the slayer of the storm god it's the only one I haven't got, maybe a download tomorrow :-)
paulus

Return to Board index

Return to Black Library - Products and Events