Graham McNeill's Next

Considering Black Library books, products and events.

Graham McNeill's Next

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:09 am

Straight from his blog.

http://www.graham-mcneill.com/gmblog/Pe ... 04197.aspx

"Expect to see more Knights when I get round to doing my Martian duology later this year. Note, it’s not set on Mars, but has the tentative title (ie unconfirmed and it may – probably will – change) of Priests of Mars."

A duology about Tech-Priests. *faints*

Has Knights in it. *faints again*
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution

Re: Graham McNeill's Next

Postby Duke_Leto » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:32 am

Is this 40k or 30k?

Either way what I really like about McNeill is that he doesn't only focus on the "main factions" for the HH stories. So we have had Mechanicum about the erm Mechanicum and soon we will have The Outcast Dead focusing partly on Astropaths.

I have said it on plenty of threads - I really want more stories in the 30k and 40k that focus on factions OTHER than Space Marines and Imperial Army/Guard. I want more Inquisitors (actually there have been a fair few), Arbites, Mechanicum, Titanicus, Sororitas, Rogue Traders, Ecclesiarchy, Assassinorum, Astra Telepathica, Navis Nobilitae - heck even Administratum.
Duke_Leto

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:02 am

He doesn't seem to have mentioned the setting. But either way this is still good stuff.

As for the Sororitas, James Swallow has it covered :)
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Postby Xisor » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:39 pm

If memory serves it's a '40k' era book. Whether that's actually M41 or not, we don't yet know, but I'm pretty certain it's not a HH book.

He chatted a bit about this when I met him last year; he was quite keen on it and had a good few ideas about it all, though he was at the time a little more excited about what would become The Outcast Dead, which still sounds rather exciting.
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Duke_Leto » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:59 am

shadowhawk2008 wrote:He doesn't seem to have mentioned the setting. But either way this is still good stuff.

Good news indeed.

shadowhawk2008 wrote:As for the Sororitas, James Swallow has it covered :)

I loved Faith & Fire and am really looking forward to the audiodrama and next novel.
Duke_Leto

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:44 pm

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Blog/The-Ou ... tract.html

A brand new extract from Graham's upcoming Horus Heresy novel, The Outcast Dead.

shadowhawk2008

Postby Liliedhe » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:37 pm

I remember playing "recognise the Legion" with my friends, when the cover was shown... So, now we know that there are at least two World Eaters. ^^
"You were a warleader, a fighter, when did you gain such illuminating insight into the minds of others?"
"I learned such things as you and your brothers applied brand to my flesh and parted skin with rasp and knife," snarled Astelan. "When your witches tried to prise open my mind they opened me for an instant and I stared back."
Liliedhe

Postby Balhaar » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:06 pm

I glossed over everything in that blog because one picture really took my fancy. How awesome was the angry scottsman in terminator armour, really!
My debut novel 'Life Eternal' is due out on august 1st 2011. Search 'Aaron J Booth' on facebook to see the cover art.
Balhaar

Return to Board index

Return to Black Library - Products and Events