The new Hobbit Film

Extraneous communication, genuflection, adulation, dissection and admiration should make its way in here.

Re: The new Hobbit Film

Postby Gaius Marius » Wed May 25, 2011 2:49 am

I'm still ticked they canned Jackson and that guy that did District 9's Halo project.
Space Cowboy, Spartan II, Specter, Reclusiarch

'I see the fear you have inside.'
Gaius Marius

Postby Firefox » Fri May 27, 2011 6:20 pm

Gaius Marius wrote:I'm still ticked they canned Jackson and that guy that did District 9's Halo project.

Neil Blomkamp, I believe.
Firefox

Postby Mossy Toes » Fri May 27, 2011 8:03 pm

Firefox wrote:
Gaius Marius wrote:I'm still ticked they canned Jackson and that guy that did District 9's Halo project.

Neil Blomkamp, I believe.
Neill Blomkamp, but yeah.
What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator!
Mossy Toes

Postby LordLucan » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:15 pm

New info:

Cumberpatch is playing both Sauron and Smaug. This is awesome to me.

Barry Humphreys (aka, Dame Edna) is playing the Goblin King, and will be motion-captured, ala Gollum.

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20504849,00.html#

This link shows pictures from on set, including one of Freeman in Bilbo getup. I'm slightly annoyed that all the dwarves seem to be wearing Gimli uniform. Do all dwarves dress the same?

Oh and Evangeline Lilly (awesome name incidentally) is playing token female elf, also known as Tauriel. Don't remember her from the book but meh, doesn't concern me greatly.
Check out my debut fantasy novel from Fox Spirit Books, The Hobgoblin's Herald (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hobgoblins-Herald-R-Aston/dp/1910462047). If you've read it, please rate and review it on amazon; I'd be eternally grateful. The sequel, Eater of Names, is out in 2018, so watch this space.
LordLucan

Postby Gaius Marius » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:50 am

Our Dwarves are all the same LL, ;)
Space Cowboy, Spartan II, Specter, Reclusiarch

'I see the fear you have inside.'
Gaius Marius

Postby Xisor » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:05 pm

I don't think it's that 'all dwarves look the same' at all, they're just very similar. Horribly susceptible to fashion, those short, bearded fashionistas.

(One imagines the main differences will be colouring, tailoring and patterning. Regardless of that, most of them'll be thick leather/mailed armour combinations, probably. It's highly unlikely Thorin'll show up in skin-tight jeans and an overlarge cardigan.)
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Insanely Off Topic