What are you playing?

Extraneous communication, genuflection, adulation, dissection and admiration should make its way in here.

Re: What are you playing?

Postby Lord of the Night » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:05 pm

David Earle wrote:And then I pulled myself out to play some Final Fantasy XV, which has been loads of fun so far but I've had nearly no time to spend on it. Oh the cursed holidays!

I'm in the same boat. Due to being on what feels like permanent 1pm-9pm shifts at work, and having to go in for 12pm to get lunch, I just don't have time to really sit down and play, and with a game like FFXV, what is the point of playing for just one hour or two at most??

Hopefully i'll get more chances once my weekends clear up, and the coming bank holiday/boxing day.

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby David Earle » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:42 am

One hour sessions are working for me actually, the side quests are short enough to get done in that time and I like breaking the level curve for the main game. On the other hand I've only gotten through Chapter One! *tears*
Check out my blog!

"David is very very old, but also slow, he creeps up behind you without you noticing and then just as his non-breath fails to be felt against your neck he pounces and gives you an informative post." - schaferwhat‽

Ogunzhar lives!
David Earle

Postby Chun the Unavoidable » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:57 pm

Wolfenstein: The New Order. Very enjoyable combat mixed with surprisingly deep characterisation and story.
Chun the Unavoidable

Postby Xisor » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:46 pm

I've been playing a few things.

Foremost: Offwolrd Trading Company. It's fascinating. And challenging. And a cool little game. It's economics + Base building. Hell's bells, I'm useless at it.

Secondly, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. It's got bells and whistles, but the game is sort of rubbish, but also partly really well done. But also jarringly weird.

In principle it's a cool story line. But Darth Vader and weirdly "teenage fantasy of a hard-ass" but paradoxically also a weaselly git, with Female Cleavage Companion on hand in a sort of Jan Ors but less interesting role. And a wacky comedy droid before they were good.

It's very arcade-y. Like I should be putting coins in. And frustrating in the same way. The cinematically have an odd Final Fantasy (I never got into it but it's that I associate the odd look witg) vibe to them too.

Blimey, it's a confused game. I'm not entirely sure I'm enjoying it, but I don't think I hate it either, and I'm sortof having fun with it. Real weird.
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Major Rawne » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:26 pm

I'm in the final legs of Farcry Primal. It has incredibly similar setup to previous Farcry games, but with the whole premise that you get your caveman on and ride bears and sabertooth's across the land smiting all before you.

Mostly though i'm sat eagerly awaiting the next Mass Effect.
Major Rawne

Postby Fenris » Sat May 20, 2017 12:33 pm

Nier:Automata

Anything i could say about it would be some kind of spoiler so...I'll just say that i higly reccomend it
Thrusting his thunder hammer into the sky, he shouted—so that all could hear "Primarch.Progenitor, to your glory!"
"And to the glory of Him on Earth!" his brothers bellowed in response
-
A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked
Fenris

Postby Pyroriffic » Mon May 22, 2017 8:01 am

Endless Overwatch.

I... I just can't stop.
I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Pyroriffic

Postby David Earle » Mon May 22, 2017 1:56 pm

Persona 5, every chance I get.

I did pick up a Switch and played through Breath of the Wild, which was fantastic, and Blaster Master Zero, which was sweet revenge for a lot of childhood failure. (But you have to 100% the game for the good ending, so joke's on me again!) Mario Kart is also fantastic, although my son is playing more of it than I am.
Check out my blog!

"David is very very old, but also slow, he creeps up behind you without you noticing and then just as his non-breath fails to be felt against your neck he pounces and gives you an informative post." - schaferwhat‽

Ogunzhar lives!
David Earle

Postby Chun the Unavoidable » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:16 am

Just started an oldie-but-a-goodie: Bioshock Infinite. I'm impressed. Like Bioshock, it drips style, atmosphere, and imagination. Good combat, too.
Chun the Unavoidable

Postby Squiggle » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:16 pm

Been playing some Chaos Gate oldie but a goodie. Bit slow but fun computerised version of WH40k with hilarious voice acting.
If my mind's the weapon, my heart's the extra clip

Forum Moderator

@sqyiggle
Squiggle

Postby Therion » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:20 am

I'm playing Pool of Radiance (1988) lately. I bought a full boxed version back in 2009. Now I got the GOG version and started playing it again.

Brutal. Managed to clear the slums of Phlan, losing 166% of the party in process.

Right now I went to Sokal keep and lost 83% of the party to a bunch of undead. Only my magic-user survived due to his habit of being behind the line. Recruited 5 new pieces of meat to put into the meatgrinder.

This game is rather distressing.
"There can be no bystanders in the battle for survival. Anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush" -Scriptorus Munificantus
Therion

Postby Rob P » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:28 pm

I'm playing Fire Pro Wrestling World.'So far, quite fun. Brings back memories of 16 bit wrestling games from early 90s.

I'm thinking of trying an online game. I played Wow for many years until a year or 2 ago and I played EVE for over a year. The two that stick out to me are Guild Wars 2 and Divinity 2.

Anyone played either?
Rob P

Postby Therion » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:45 am

Mostly playing ArmA: Cold War Assault with FFUR 2007 nowadays. I don't play most of games I have because they are too violent.

MODXISOR: Language and imagery not at all appropriate; heavily edited. This is not a punching bag; it's also not Sanity Lost.
"There can be no bystanders in the battle for survival. Anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush" -Scriptorus Munificantus
Therion

Postby Chun the Unavoidable » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:19 pm

Going really old school (now that I've managed to get it to work on my almost-as-old PC and laptop), with Starcraft. Still plays very well, and we should be LANning it this weekend. :D
Chun the Unavoidable

Postby Therion » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:36 am

Playing Butcher a lot. I love that game. The graphics, the music, the special effects, the mechanics, the level design. Spent 10 hours playing it during last two weeks.

First I accidentally unlocked the beginner speedrunner achievement after finishing the game under 1,5 hours on Hard about 12 days ago and then I tried to get the Speedrunner achievement three times but always ended up dying in the last levels and losing time and the shortest time I got was 1 hour 11 minutes and 30 seconds and further attempts were going progressively worse, with 1 hour 38 minutes at latest attempt.

Still, my skills have improved a lot since I started playing. When I went through the lowest difficulty mode for the first time it would take me 9 hours to finish it and I'd die, like 20 times per level.

I started playing on The Hardest - with 66.6% HP and no health/armour power ups and I'm 2 hours in - I'm currently in the third episode and dying a lot. Though perhaps not as much as I was playing the game for the first time, which is a good sign.
Therion

Postby Chun the Unavoidable » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:36 pm

Wolfenstein II. Continued good acting and storyline, imaginative retro tech, and lots of Nazis to shoot. And now it looks even better. Can't ask for more. ;)
Chun the Unavoidable

Postby Xisor » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:48 am

Minecraft again. Got mobbed by creepers on a big diamond hunt, and almost crapped myself when I respawned at my bed which was about as far away from where I was as possible...

Managed to reclaim my stuff, only lost ~24 levels of XP (mainly derived from mining).

My word, I forgotten how easy it is to lose oneself in this.

I've found an Ocean Monument though, so now I need to start the long trajectory of assembling all the bits and bobs to get in there.

First stop: become a cowboy/cattle rustler and find more cows. Need the leather to make books, books for bookshelves, bookshelves for enchantments on my stuff.

Just like real life, really. 8-) :lol:
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Insanely Off Topic