40k Army: Salamanders 4th Company Detachment

A place to discuss all Warhammer-related background and products not explicitly connected to the Black Library.

Re: 40k Army: Salamanders 4th Company Detachment

Postby revelation » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:44 pm

Very nice Xis. :)

Sucks about the base coat mix up, but looks like you've brightened up the green a bit with the layer of warpglow green.
revelation

Postby Xisor » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:49 pm

revelation wrote:Very nice Xis. :)

Sucks about the base coat mix up, but looks like you've brightened up the green a bit with the layer of warpglow green.

You'd think so, but I'm not entirely sure 'suck' is my thoughts on it. I kinda like the drab look. In an 'If I were being conventional-but-a-bit-different', I'd be tempted to do the entire force with, almost entirely, that drab, olive-green colour. It certainly looks more plausible and realistic than the weird ultra-green they normally get. (Indeed, I'm sure Werner's Emperor's Warbringers [not his 40k Blood Bowl team!] have a rather similar 'main colour' to them.)

That said, I'm rather pleased that they're going back to normal, cheerful and colourful territory. To that end: cheers, Rev! :)
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Xisor » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:00 pm

It's been a while. I, uh, I had to go to London. Then Manchester. :lol: But back now, and even started knocking some together. In Altrincham now and need to get my station set up so as to be easy to set up/hide if we have company. Then I can really get to work!

That said, I've been doing a bit of work here and there. 8-)

"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby revelation » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:04 pm

Looking excellent Xis.
revelation

Postby Xisor » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:31 pm

A blast from the past, forged anew! Though I'd caution: be careful what you wish for. These are a bit... work in progress.

And some 'newer' ones that I'm still in the process of getting to work on the highlighting.

As you can see, some serious work needed on sorting the whole lot, but it gives you the idea of what I'm aiming for (if not actually achieving...).

And anyway, a lot of that's repairing decades-old efforts from over the years. I'm getting there though. More effort, more patience.

Unto the painting station!
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Worlds of Warhammer