Horus Heresy Weekender III

Considering Black Library books, products and events.

Horus Heresy Weekender III

Postby Shaggy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:04 am

Anyone else here going?

Bit peeved that there's now less than 4 weeks to go, and there is still ZERO information as to what will be happening - details of seminars, group sessions, whatever. Why is it, with all this technology and social media to make communication easier, BL/FW/GW are actually communicating less (and poorly when they do so)? I know I've banged on about this before, but it's part of my job (I.T. sales) - customer service. Theirs is seriously lacking.
In defeat, malice.
In victory, revenge.

My lifeform type is tee tee hatch nex ool
Shall we do rishathra?
Shaggy

Re: Horus Heresy Weekender III

Postby Death Nikorps » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:47 am

I'll not be there unlike last year, it's too early after the BL Weekender (money money... planes are not cheap !). I would have preferred in May as usual.

A member of my forum will be there, I'll try to get information from him (FW/BL News and pics) and share on our twitter. But not sure (all depends on him).

Few days ago I emailed BL about the Weekender, they said I should email FW... so I did it and FW said:

We will be releasing more information about the Horus Heresy weekender in our newsletters over the next few weeks leading up to the event. If you subscribe to the newsletter you will receive this information.

So, I suppose we will know more in the last three Newsletter before the Weekender (every Friday if I'm right).

:)
All new Black Library titles & covers here:

===> https://twitter.com/blacklibrarium <===

Black Library upcoming books 2018
;)
Death Nikorps

Postby Shaggy » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:37 am

Death Nikorps wrote:I'll not be there unlike last year, it's too early after the BL Weekender (money money... planes are not cheap !). I would have preferred in May as usual.

Yeah, I don't think I'll be parting with a huge amount of readies (unless there's some surprise goodies on offer - but they'd have to be VERY good!)... Feb-Apr is always the most expensive time of year for me (ice hockey stuff) so it's bad timing for me as well. But being local, I don't have the travel/hotel costs excuse! :D

A member of my forum will be there, I'll try to get information from him (FW/BL News and pics) and share on our twitter. But not sure (all depends on him).

And if I can find that blasted voice recorder, I'll get some notes done as well. Damned if I know where the dratted thing has got to...

Few days ago I emailed BL about the Weekender, they said I should email FW... so I did it and FW said:

We will be releasing more information about the Horus Heresy weekender in our newsletters over the next few weeks leading up to the event. If you subscribe to the newsletter you will receive this information.

So, I suppose we will know more in the last three Newsletter before the Weekender (every Friday if I'm right).

Hope so!
In defeat, malice.
In victory, revenge.

Shall we do rishathra?
Shaggy

Postby reds8n » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:41 pm

reds8n

Postby Death Nikorps » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:13 pm

reds8n wrote:http://www.blacklibrary.com/horus-heresy/blades-of-the-traitor.html

.. eshort collection maybe ?

No.

This anthology contains five brand new short stories by John French, Guy Haley, Nick Kyme, Graham McNeill and Chris Wraight.

It's like Death and Defiance, soon hardback not limited. :)

;)
Death Nikorps

Postby reds8n » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:45 am

reds8n

Postby Lord of the Night » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:43 pm

What I want to know is, what pre-releases are available. I am really hoping the next HH novel, Deathfire by Nick Kyme, will be there. It's been too long since we got a real HH novel.

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby SilentObserver » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:14 pm

Did you find your voice recorder Shaggy, I always do look forward to your notes
SilentObserver

Postby Shaggy » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:55 am

Lord of the Night wrote:What I want to know is, what pre-releases are available. I am really hoping the next HH novel, Deathfire by Nick Kyme, will be there. It's been too long since we got a real HH novel.

Is that going to be the next novel? Didn't think "Deathfire" was supposed to be about Tallarn (I could be totally wrong, of course):-
http://www.blacklibrary.com/Home/tallarn-continues.html

SilentObserver wrote:Did you find your voice recorder Shaggy, I always do look forward to your notes

Not as yet, but I have a back-up plan in place.
And I will do better than the last couple of events, where I provided few or any notes - apologies for that.
In defeat, malice.
In victory, revenge.

Shall we do rishathra?
Shaggy

Postby revelation » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:22 am

Shaggy wrote:
SilentObserver wrote:Did you find your voice recorder Shaggy, I always do look forward to your notes

Not as yet, but I have a back-up plan in place.
And I will do better than the last couple of events, where I provided few or any notes - apologies for that.

No apologies needed. I'm sure forum members appreciate the fact that you're even making an effort. Thank you btw.
revelation

Postby reds8n » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:38 pm

Plus some new FW models, art prints, bags, mugs etc etc
reds8n

Postby Darke » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:07 pm

Hmm - I don't see a spine number on the Tallarn: Ironclad mock up photo. I wonder if it's just another novella?
Darke

Postby Lord of the Night » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:45 pm

Darke wrote:Hmm - I don't see a spine number on the Tallarn: Ironclad mock up photo. I wonder if it's just another novella?

I truly hope not. Tallarn deserves a full novel. TEN MILLION TANKS!

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby Death Nikorps » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:40 am

Hi everyone,

one of our members is at the Weekender and take some pics. If you want news & pics:

https://twitter.com/blacklibrarium

And Tallarn: Ironclad is a LIMITED EDITION novella.... but a huge novella: 230+ pages.

There is no new books except Blades of the Traitor, Fear to Tread Hardback and Tallarn: Ironclad....

;)
Death Nikorps

Postby Lord of the Night » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:36 am

Death Nikorps wrote:And Tallarn: Ironclad is a LIMITED EDITION novella.... but a huge novella: 230+ pages.

There is no new books except Blades of the Traitor, Fear to Tread Hardback and Tallarn: Ironclad....

Aww, that's BS. Bloody disappointing last few days from Black Library.

LotN
Lord of the Night

Postby Death Nikorps » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:02 am

So, first day Black Library news:

- Deathfire by Nick Kyme (HH 32 or 33) will be released this summer (maybe july).

- Chris Wraight is starting his Scars sequel.

- The End Times 5 is The Lord of The End Times by Josh Reynolds. About Archaon.

So yes, we will have a The End Times book on Archaon by Reynolds (in March ?), and Archaon: Lord of the End Times by Rob Sanders after (maybe April ? 1 year after the first, sequel to Everchosen). I asked our member at the weekender to ask Kyme about it, and he said that there will be 2 books about Archaon (his Ascension, Sanders, and during The End Times, Reynolds). I was afraid the Sander's book was canceled by the Josh Reynolds book, but no.

For those who do not remember:

http://www.blacklibrary.com/new-at-bl/A ... Times.html

Everchosen was a very very very good book. Nagash by Reynolds was a very good book. So, 2 books about Archaon by this 2 guys is just awesome !

And that's it for the Black Library news (it's more a FW event). Maybe tomorrow a cover/new tille announced at the seminar "Art of the Heresy".

;)
Death Nikorps

Postby Death Nikorps » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:14 pm

- Meduson

Novella (like Ironclad = 230 pages), only available at the Black Library Warhammer World stand. And Ebay...

;)
Death Nikorps

Postby Shaggy » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:29 pm

A bit of expansion on "Meduson"...

Only available to buy from the new BL shop at Warhammer World - at least for the first (numbered, limited edition) release. No web purchases etc - only in person over the counter. Once they've done the grand re-opening thing in May (apparently there will be 3 permanent stores there - Black Library, Forge World and standard GW).

Laurie Goulding did specifically say that "Meduson" will be made available on a general release at some point in the future.

He has also stated (more than once) that all Black Library content will (eventually) appear in all formats... so e-books in print, print in e-format, audio in print (and I am guessing in e-format as well?) and that all Horus Heresy content will eventually be released in print in number format (as per the novels).

I have done notes, and my back-up plan appears to have worked (cheapo voice recorder) although whether it's picked up all of the quiet stuff I don't know as yet. I will do my best to get the details put on here over the next week or so, apologies in advance for any delays - but if a few days go by without me posting any, please feel free to PM me to give me a reminder kick!
(as per the last time, I didn't make notes during the informal 'group huddle' session - I was at Graham McNeill's table) because it seemed a bit rude.)
In defeat, malice.
In victory, revenge.

Shall we do rishathra?
Shaggy

Postby Fenris » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:31 pm

I've seen that there was a IW&IF panel looking at the pictures but i've found no details on what they said during it.....

Anything new or just taking about what we already know is coming/is out already?
Thrusting his thunder hammer into the sky, he shouted—so that all could hear "Primarch.Progenitor, to your glory!"
"And to the glory of Him on Earth!" his brothers bellowed in response
-
A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked
Fenris

Postby Shaggy » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:09 am

Fenris wrote:I've seen that there was a IW&IF panel looking at the pictures but i've found no details on what they said during it.....

Anything new or just taking about what we already know is coming/is out already?

It was mainly a discussion of the two legions, how they are similar, what their differences are, background stuff mainly.

However, when it came to questions from the audience:-

Q: Will we get Iron Warriors figures like Forrix, Kroeger, etc?
A: Possibly - may well do rules for some of the IW captains, so may do figures for them as well (obviously not going to do figures for characters with no rules, but may not have time/resources to do models for every character with rules).
In defeat, malice.
In victory, revenge.

Shall we do rishathra?
Shaggy

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Black Library - Products and Events