Ask... GAV THORPE

A place for you to ask questions of some of the Black Library authors themselves.

Re: Ask... GAV THORPE

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:46 pm

Gav, as per your post in the Spoiler Zone, you are not starting the Vampire ToL series.

Does that mean the project has been temporarily shelved or permanently put on hold?
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution

Postby Dennis the Hamster » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:49 pm

shadowhawk2008 wrote:Gav, as per your post in the Spoiler Zone, you are not starting the Vampire ToL series.

Does that mean the project has been temporarily shelved or permanently put on hold?

As ToL series are in three-book arcs, I am not expecting to write the Vampires within the next three years as the series that are starting/ continuing will take that long to finish their arcs. Instead I have been dallying with some other ideas, and as much as I was looking forward to the Wars of the Vampire Counts I have come to terms with the change and I'm enthusiastic about some of the other stuff I'll be writing instead. Clue - some of it may involve beer.

Gav
www.gavthorpe.co.uk
Facebook - Gav Thorpe
Twitter - DennisHamster
Check out my Angry Robot titles too! http://angryrobotbooks.com/our-authors/gav-thorpe/
Dennis the Hamster

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:00 pm

:o

Well, I was looking forwards to reading more about vampires since Nathan's Ulrika novels have me hooked. Ah well. In three years' time then.

With the beer clue, I would say Dwarfs but Nick/Chris seem to have that covered for ToL at least. Perhaps a continuation of the Dwarf novels for the main setting then?

Or you could just be drinking whole flagons of beer while writing :)
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Postby Xisor » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:53 pm

Dennis the Hamster wrote:Clue - some of it may involve beer.

Gav

:o

Will it be XXXXXX rated?

Edit: Also, cheers for the answers there. Mighty interesting, as bloomin' usual!
Admin of Ruin
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:32 am

Just wondering, but is the story of the Cassius novella mentioned somewhere already in the rulebooks/codices?

shadowhawk2008

Postby Dennis the Hamster » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:02 pm

shadowhawk2008 wrote:Just wondering, but is the story of the Cassius novella mentioned somewhere already in the rulebooks/codices?

No, which is a bit of a break from tradition for SMB.

Gav
www.gavthorpe.co.uk
Facebook - Gav Thorpe
Twitter - DennisHamster
Check out my Angry Robot titles too! http://angryrobotbooks.com/our-authors/gav-thorpe/
Dennis the Hamster

Postby flick » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:10 pm

I apologise if you have been asked this question already, but I'm weary of reading earlier pages on this thread, because of spoilers.
But at the end of Ravens flight, Corax stands his ground with the remnants of his legion, ready to die where he stands, when he is taken to safety at the last minute...Do you think this irked a certain World Eater primarch, because this is how he was dragged away from his gladiator army? But to rub rock-salt into the wounds, Corax got to save the remnants of his force.

I may be reading too much into all this, but it sure as hell, beats work.
flick

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:21 pm

Flick you are a genius! That is not something I had considered before! Makes for an interesting twist for sure. I look forward to reading about a clash between Corax and legion versus Angron and legion.

shadowhawk2008

Postby sam vimes » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:16 pm

I'd hate to be the clean up crew for that battle
"Huron-Fal’s systems were on the verge of shutdown ... ‘This death,’ rasped the voder, ‘this death is ours. We choose it. We deny you your victory.’

"Abandon your fear. Look forward. Move forward and never stop. You'll age if you pull back. You'll die if you hesitate."

"From iron cometh strength. From strength cometh will. From will cometh faith. From faith cometh honour. From honour cometh iron." "And may it ever be so"
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby flick » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:54 am

shadowhawk2008 wrote:Flick you are a genius! That is not something I had considered before! Makes for an interesting twist for sure. I look forward to reading about a clash between Corax and legion versus Angron and legion.

Cheers mate 8-)

Angron and Corax, both led slave armies in a fight for freedom..but in very different ways. I pray that Butchers Nails explores the tactics used by Angron and his rebellion, because I'm reading Deliverance Lost, and the flashbacks show how Corax led his. I think what will be terribly sad, is seeing Angron before the wife-beater wires, went into his head, for all we know, he could of been like Lorgar.
flick

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:05 pm

Agapito, Aloni, Solaro. Questions about them.

Is Agapito First Captain equivalent in the legion before the Massacre? He appears to be the ranking Commander in DL so far and I have a mild suspicion that he is going to be quite prominent later on.

In that respect what about Aloni and Solaro?

Also -

Spoiler: And the "reorganization" of the legion something that might have already been in place? Because as far as I currently am (Corax/Malcador/Dorn meeting), no one is referring to each other by companies.

shadowhawk2008

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:49 pm

Gav, how excited are you about the impending release of your second Limited Edition novella? Has Cassius given you any words of wisdom? Has the Hive Mind attempted to gain control of your thoughts for the noble betterment of the Tyranid race?

shadowhawk2008

Postby Dennis the Hamster » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:24 am

shadowhawk2008 wrote:Gav, how excited are you about the impending release of your second Limited Edition novella? Has Cassius given you any words of wisdom? Has the Hive Mind attempted to gain control of your thoughts for the noble betterment of the Tyranid race?

The major thing that Catechism of Hate has left me with is a desire to do more with the Tyranids - re-reading some of the old Kryptmann 'Shadow in the Warp' colour text makes me want to write more about the 'front end' of a Tyranid invasion.

I certainly had fun tring to work out how a comparatively tiny force of Ultramarines can make such a difference in a large battle, because it's ben irking me for a while that people forget that Space Marines do not fight the same way as Imperial Guard - their lack of numbers is not a weakness because of the types of missions they take upon themselves. But to temper this, the UM do need the back up of the Imperial Guard and other forces for actvities they cannot perform themselves.

Gav
www.gavthorpe.co.uk
Facebook - Gav Thorpe
Twitter - DennisHamster
Dennis the Hamster

Postby Lord of the Night » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:27 pm

Just saw your latest work to be released on the blog. Ravenwing. A fantastic idea, the Ravenwing are cool and have little to nothing written about them. :D

My questions are...

1. Will we see Sammael and his incredibly kick-ass Jetbike in the novel?

2. Is this a sequel to Angels of Darkness or is it a stand-alone novel?

3. Will we learn about the Ravenwing's customs and traditions, and how membership and gaining entry works?

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby Liliedhe » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:57 pm

And, adding to those questions, will a certain message from Angels of Darkness arrive in this book? AND will it be delivered, too? (I'm just asking this so you can tease me with not answering :P)
"You were a warleader, a fighter, when did you gain such illuminating insight into the minds of others?"
"I learned such things as you and your brothers applied brand to my flesh and parted skin with rasp and knife," snarled Astelan. "When your witches tried to prise open my mind they opened me for an instant and I stared back."
Liliedhe

Postby Dennis the Hamster » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:22 am

Lord of the Night wrote:Just saw your latest work to be released on the blog. Ravenwing. A fantastic idea, the Ravenwing are cool and have little to nothing written about them. :D

My questions are...

1. Will we see Sammael and his incredibly kick-ass Jetbike in the novel?

Yes.

2. Is this a sequel to Angels of Darkness or is it a stand-alone novel?

Yes. 8-)

3. Will we learn about the Ravenwing's customs and traditions, and how membership and gaining entry works?

Yes.

Gav
LotN[/quote]
www.gavthorpe.co.uk
Facebook - Gav Thorpe
Twitter - DennisHamster
Dennis the Hamster

Postby Dennis the Hamster » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:22 am

Liliedhe wrote:And, adding to those questions, will a certain message from Angels of Darkness arrive in this book? AND will it be delivered, too? (I'm just asking this so you can tease me with not answering :P)

Yes.

:lol:

Gav
www.gavthorpe.co.uk
Facebook - Gav Thorpe
Twitter - DennisHamster
Dennis the Hamster

Postby Liliedhe » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:41 am

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I'm sure it will end with me crying, though :P.
"You were a warleader, a fighter, when did you gain such illuminating insight into the minds of others?"
"I learned such things as you and your brothers applied brand to my flesh and parted skin with rasp and knife," snarled Astelan. "When your witches tried to prise open my mind they opened me for an instant and I stared back."
Liliedhe

Postby Kalymero » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:05 am

hello

i just saw in hammer and bolter 17 : The Lion part 1 of 3

is this an advance publication of your novella for the Primarchs Anthology? I saw that it was Call of the Lion but i still wondered
ty
Kalymero

Postby Dennis the Hamster » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:51 pm

Kalymero wrote:hello

i just saw in hammer and bolter 17 : The Lion part 1 of 3

is this an advance publication of your novella for the Primarchs Anthology? I saw that it was Call of the Lion but i still wondered
ty

All is revealed.

http://mechanicalhamster.wordpress.com/ ... he-heresy/

Gav
www.gavthorpe.co.uk
Facebook - Gav Thorpe
Twitter - DennisHamster
Dennis the Hamster

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Ask the Authors