What are you writing?

Got some current fan fiction? 40k, WFB, Age of Sigmar and all other fiction is to be found here.

What are you writing?

Postby Xisor » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:51 am

Hola all,

It only just clicked that we don't entirely cover a 'meta-projects', or an aimless talking-about-writing thread for dipping toes in.

Lately, I've only been scribbling the odd thing, but I've also unwittingly dredged up some of my 'textbook' fanfic, e.g. my old Demiurg work and even the barely-more-modern, barely-more-coherent Judicious Remit article I collaborated on a long time ago, and that's sparked off a string of neurons (not neutrons, as auto-correct seems to insist on) that's had me put pen to paper more than once in the last couple of weeks.

Hell, Judicious Remit got a spin round in the online Fanatic Magazine, once upon a time, so I've always told myself it had crossed the bridge from fanon to canon, but that's the sneakiest of stretches, I think! :D

Still, with the moderate scribbles I've done in the last couple of weeks, it is a lot more than I've done fanfic-wise in the last couple of years, I'll say! :lol:

How has others' works been of late? Any new seams discovered but not yet pushed out-there? On-going projects simmering nicely?
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Re: What are you writing?

Postby Chun the Unavoidable » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:46 pm

I finished my last fanfic months ago (and I think I do mean 'last'). After only writing various -mainly book- reviews on Facebook, I finally started a short story last night. Nothing too long or too testing - just a little horror to hopefully get things flowing again that have been overlong stoppered up.
Chun the Unavoidable

Postby Therion » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:39 pm

Tried writing a void warfare story but realised I have no idea what bridge crew should be and how they interact.

Thought about buying Rogue Trader Core Rulebook to fix that problem but it turned out they have let the game go out of print and prices of remaining offers online are sky-high. (also, learning from Lexicanum that ships there have listed concrete numbers for crew, mass and acceleration and then learning it's unobtainable. Damn.)

I guess I could try to just look how Wh40k authors write bridge action and note down how they handle that stuff.
"There can be no bystanders in the battle for survival. Anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush" -Scriptorus Munificantus
Therion

Postby Chaos Prophet » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:38 pm

I’ve been writing the backstory of a Chaos Warband in the 61st Millenium while also attempting to craft a theology surrounding the Nex€^}^\!~^{€|~!
Chaos Prophet

Return to Board index

Return to Fan Fiction