The Age of Dusk [60K] [SECTION 54 IS UP!]

Got some current fan fiction? 40k, WFB, Age of Sigmar and all other fiction is to be found here.

Re: The Age of Dusk [60K] [SECTION 52 IS UP!]

Postby MasterofAgony669 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:16 am

LordLucan wrote:
MasterofAgony669 wrote:Incredible work! And Sanguinius...is back? Unbelievable.

Well, not quite...

Sanguinius is definitely dead. However, do you remember the Sanguinor? The spirit of Sanguinius which still persists after his death? It was briefly caged by the Bloodknights of Baal, but it managed to escape into the immaterium?

Well, my idea is that the reason the Sanguinor exists at all is because the death of Sanguinius occured at around the same time and place as the moment the Emperor cast out his own compassion and mercy in order to vanquish Horus.

Sangy's departing soul and the portion of the emperor mingled and coalesed.

Crolomere's baby is a unique warp/realspace event. It is:

1) A child of the union between a sensei(perpetual), and an Illuminati (Kage)

2) During pregnancy, it gestated in Crolomere while in the warp.

3) During its birth, it was lying in the heart of Ahriman's Cube.

4) Kage, in an act of selfless mercy, sacrifices himself through blood to deliver the child, and annoints it with his blood.

With all these events coming together, the grace and warpbound might of the sangy/Emp gesalt is passed on to the infant.

The infant whose existence is a Revelation...

I remember the part of the story when the Sangunior appeared on Baal, but I wasn't so sure about how he was related to Revelation. On a side note, are any Blood Angels or one of their successor chapters fighting along side Revelation's forces in the webway, if any survived?
MasterofAgony669

Postby The Hillock » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:49 pm

PFCDontKnow wrote::shock: ...
:o...
GOLDEN FUCKING THRONE ON HOLY FUCKING TERRA!!!!
SO MUCH AWESOME!!!

Yeah, this.
Probably the worst WH40k player in the world...

Hillock's terrain thread
Hillock's Flesh Tearers thread
The Hillock

Postby Endless_Purge » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:22 am

MFW Update:

Can't kill all of us, BITCH.
~Unofficial Imperial Guardsman motto.
Endless_Purge

Postby Evilenzo » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:02 am

Welcome back, Lord Lucan!

You gifted us with one of the most perfect "Shut the fuck up" of the entire history of Mankind!

One small question: will you, one day, write something about Nocturne? It is currently one of the top 5 production centres of the Imperium Pentus, but how did it and its population fare during the 14k+ years after the start of your setting?
残酷な天使のように。。。
Evilenzo

Postby Endless_Purge » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:05 pm

Evilenzo wrote:
You gifted us with one of the most perfect "Shut the fuck up" of the entire history of Mankind!

I have a feeling that was more directed to us and our whining about it was taking so long for the next update, rather then Ahriman.
Endless_Purge

Postby LordLucan » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:31 am

Nah, I'm fine with folks being enthusiastic endless_purge. it's better than folks just going 'meh, whatever'. :D
Check out my debut fantasy novel from Fox Spirit Books, The Hobgoblin's Herald (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hobgoblins-Herald-R-Aston/dp/1910462047). If you've read it, please rate and review it on amazon; I'd be eternally grateful. The sequel, Eater of Names, is out in 2018, so watch this space.
LordLucan

Postby Endless_Purge » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:05 pm

LordLucan wrote:Nah, I'm fine with folks being enthusiastic endless_purge. it's better than folks just going 'meh, whatever'. :D

Endless_Purge

Postby LordLucan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:39 pm

Additional Background Note: The Sons of Purgatory

At the climax of the siege of Tallarn, the infamous Rubric of Ahriman was spectacularly broken. This had the effect of releasing the Rubricae from their living death, but also had the surprising effect of returning the eons-dead warriors into the flesh. Suddenly incarnated, the ancient Thousand Sons space marines turned upon the surviving Sorcerers of Ahriman’s cabal. Though the psykers were potent beings at this point, they were taken by surprise, and overwhelmed by the vengeful Astartes, who were at long last freed from their slavery.

With the malign influence of Ahriman leaving the battlefield and with these new and unexpected allies, the forces of the Imperium Pentus swiftly routed and destroyed the remaining forces of the would-be god. His scrap daemons in orbit similarly fled back to the warp, allowing the surviving naval forces to bombard the black cube into nothingness, leaving nothing but a colossal field of volcanic glass in its place.

At the conclusion of the battle, the Thousand Sons surrendered humbly to Obediah, and were brought back in chains to Macharia, as the vast armada of Wellesley dispersed to return to their vassal systems. The confused and disorientated former Rubricae penitents declared they were servants of the Imperium, and warned the heroes of Macharia that ‘Horus has turned upon the Emperor’. Long imprisonment within the Rubric had atrophied there warp presence, until they were below mundane on the psychic scale. The only boon they possessed now were the new Astartes bodies they had been granted, free of the mutagenic taint at long last; Ahriman’s original noble goal, to save his Legion, finally achieved. Saved, at least for a while.

Though the Rubricae had aided the Imperium Pentus, they were still technically heretics and traitors. They were tried before the local representatives of the Imperium Pentus. The Lychen, Praetorians and the representatives of the thousand Governors (formerly thousand Emperors) wanted blood, and called for the execution of the soldiers of Ahriman, the last visual symbol of his misrule. The Confederation of Justice suggested they might work off their debt somehow, while Captain Ell of the Lussorian Narc warriors vouched for their strength and potency.

In the end, the fate the Penitents was decided not by council or judge, but by outside pressures. Ahriman had been routed from the southern spin of the galaxy, yet the Imperium Pentus was still besieged. Daemons and warp storms still flooded the region, from Khaine’s infernal realm in the east, to the Terran hells in the west. With the primarchs engaged on a crusade against with the Realm of Travesties, it was up to those who remained to plug the gaps in the defences.

A fleet led by the Blood Ravens Commandery arrived to confirm the Dominion of Change’s reintegration with the Armageddon metropolis. It was decided then that the penitents, though they numbered but five hundred by this point, were too valuable a resource to squander in petty revenge. Obediah Braiva, the new Marshal Administrator for the Segmentum, handed the pentitents into the Blood Ravens’ custody.* It was decided that from these repentant wretches, a new Commandery would be founded; the Sons of Purgatory.

The Sons were taken to Nocturne for processing. Nocturne was known across the Imperium at this point as ‘the Forge of Astartes’, due to the vast industrialised process of geneseed production and power armour creation undertaken on the volcanic, smoke-shrouded planet. The Promethians of Nocturne performed many secret rites of purification and psychic conditioning to determine the purity of the Sons of Purgatory, but ultimately they were found to be pure (though fifty of the Sons perished in the trial by ordeal).

Following the trial, the Sons ritually destroyed the gold and sapphire armour, naming it ‘slave’s armour, nothing more’. It was cast into the molten heart of a volcano. With that, the Thousand Sons were ended once and for all.

The Forge-Smiths of Nocturne created new armour for the Sons; a metallic Copper with red bands about the arms, to represent their censure and the legacy of their banished Crimson King. Larkshear, a venerable Dreadnought of the Blood Ravens was selected to be the Lord Commander of this new Commandery.

The the wars which followed, the Sons of Purgatory fought in many battles, most often fighting besides the Blood Ravens and the Nemenmarines (though notably, never with the Rout or the Wolf Brother Commanderies). It is said they fought with the fury of desperate men, seeking redemption in the only thing left to them; the edge of the sword, and the smoking barrel of the bolter.

*[Apparently Obediah also gifted the Blood Ravens with the Rod of Macharius, a sacred relic of elder days, alongside one of the captured foetal Golarch abominations, suspended in a tank of ambiotic amber. Why these gifts were made is unknown, and oddly, the enforcers of Macharia always recorded the Rod as being stolen by unknown assailants, on all official documents. Who are we to believe? Personally, I am inclined not to besmirch the heroic Blood Ravens with such rumours.]
Check out my debut fantasy novel from Fox Spirit Books, The Hobgoblin's Herald (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hobgoblins-Herald-R-Aston/dp/1910462047). If you've read it, please rate and review it on amazon; I'd be eternally grateful. The sequel, Eater of Names, is out in 2018, so watch this space.
LordLucan

Postby Evilenzo » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:53 pm

Very well written, as usual! And so, two of my favourite groups join arms! Amazing!
残酷な天使のように。。。
Evilenzo

Postby Aceraptor » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:20 am

Bloody Magpies being magpies. :lol:
Aceraptor

Postby the42up » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:29 pm

wonderful,
the42up

Postby Alcatur » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:23 pm

Larkshear, a venerable Dreadnought of the Blood Ravens was selected to be the Lord Commander of this new Commandery.

Hmm, given the fate of Bjorn in 50k (apparently perished in bombardment of the Fang, but you know, never found the body, perhaps never was there in the first place and was just assumed to be killed...) I am holding my fingers crossed :D
Alcatur

Postby Endless_Purge » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:46 pm

>Looks at page number
>69
>Browses through page-posts.
>See no Slannesh
>Is disapoint.
Endless_Purge

Postby Neyo » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:40 pm

If memory serves, some dreadnought had Bjorn's lightning claw. Of course I may be wrong, but what with Lord Lucan's policy on characters he killed, I am fairly sure Bjorn is dead.
Neyo

Postby librisrouge » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:06 pm

Great update and I'm glad to see that time hasn't changed the Blood Ravens one bit. I keep wanting to make them in 40k.
librisrouge

Postby psychosiszz » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:09 am

My second read through of The Age of Dusk, had to make an account to say its epic. You have a great writing style, games workshop should hire you if they haven't already.
psychosiszz

Postby Morning Soul » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:03 pm

Signed up to say awesome. Read through both 50k and 60k, both are amazing reads. Keep up the Epic Work.
Morning Soul

Postby SIngemeister » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:28 pm

When you think about it, The End Times is pretty much WHF SotNtC/AoD.
SIngemeister

Postby Morning Soul » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:11 pm

SIngemeister wrote:When you think about it, The End Times is pretty much WHF SotNtC/AoD.

Isn't that the Fantasy Event I keep hearing about.
Morning Soul

Postby LordLucan » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:09 am

Hopefully GW don't do a 40K End Times, and invalidate all my fanfic lore lol ;)

I have been trying to keep abreast of the Whf End Times, but the books are super expensive, but from what I've been hearing it has a similar flavour to my stuff. However, the timescale of End Times seems very rapid, while I deliberately staggered Shape of the Nightmare to be a gradual erosion and fragmentation of the Imperium.
LordLucan

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Fan Fiction