The Age of Dusk [60K] [SECTION 54 IS UP!]

Got some current fan fiction? 40k, WFB, Age of Sigmar and all other fiction is to be found here.

Re: The Age of Dusk [60K] [SECTION 53 IS UP!]

Postby ALEXisAWESOME » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:11 pm

I'm soo happy! When I saw update I actually clapped, involuntarily, and giddily bounced in my seat. Fantastic job and a great ending to the sad saga of the Craftworlders. Ynnead is here, and she is powerful and she is pissed. Hell Hath No Fury Like A Goddess Scorned.

On a seperate note, Isha now has a Grandaughter! Isha created the Eldar, who created Slaanesh and also Ynnead. So Ynnead and Slaanesh are Sisters and Isha is their Gran. That is actually really weird, even in a warped sense of reality.

To answer the questions above: 1) Drach'Nyen became a souped up Mega-Daemon after Abbadon killed Huron Blackheart. During the battle, Drach'Nyen (Who was always powerful, just locked in a sword) was plunged into Hamadrya (Another very powerful Daemon, gifted to Huron by El'Raiq ((First servant of the Nex-)) and absorbed it. This gave it enough power to feed on the Daemons of the Planetkiller and Hurons Daemonship, freeing Drach'Nyen to be fully unleashed now.

2)The Phoenix Lords (7 of them at least) were last seen protecting the other Wraithbone Choirs from a Keeper of Secrets. They succeeded and presumably sent the Choirs back to Biel-Tan before this event. Don't worry, we haven't seen the last of them. Not by far, LL has made it clear they will be involved in the final battle around the Well of Eternity. Ahra has even been swept up by *something* to act as it's guardian.

I only have 2 questions.

1) Have we seen the third fragment of Anaris? We have the Athamae, The Spear of Twilight and the third piece. Have we seen it yet, or is it yet to be seen?

and 2) Can we *pretty* please get a little call-in on if we will see Vect and his Dark Eldar again in this war? I can't see any meaningful way the DE can impact on the story anymore other than being a nuisance. It kinda feels like Vect has been sidelined (actually, that's exactly what has happened), but in my opinion he embodies a powerful theme. He is a mortal, standing in the place of a God, and keeping his Mortality. I truly believe he could be the one to catch Cegorarch out ''Just-as-planned'' wise which would be a nice comeuppance for a God who has been running rings around everyone since the Fall.
ALEXisAWESOME

Postby LordLucan » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:20 am

ALEXisAWESOME wrote:
1) Have we seen the third fragment of Anaris? We have the Athamae, The Spear of Twilight and the third piece. Have we seen it yet, or is it yet to be seen?

You've seen all three fragments already, They are related to phases of a sun.

2) Can we *pretty* please get a little call-in on if we will see Vect and his Dark Eldar again in this war? I can't see any meaningful way the DE can impact on the story anymore other than being a nuisance. It kinda feels like Vect has been sidelined (actually, that's exactly what has happened), but in my opinion he embodies a powerful theme. He is a mortal, standing in the place of a God, and keeping his Mortality. I truly believe he could be the one to catch Cegorarch out ''Just-as-planned'' wise which would be a nice comeuppance for a God who has been running rings around everyone since the Fall.

Oh Vect is far from out of the fight... :D
Check out the start of my new serialised novel, Gingerbread, published with Jukepop Serials (It is free to read, so please read and comment). Here's the link, enjoy:
https://www.jukepopserials.com/home/read/1367/?chapter=2&p=0&sl=10
LordLucan

Postby ALEXisAWESOME » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:04 pm

Oh, the Dawn Blade! Silly me! That is really good to hear Vect will make an appearance . Perhaps it's just me fanboying but I can sympathies with him better then anyone else in the setting, he worked hard to get to his posistion of power, he worked hard to maintain it and in a world of Demi-Gods, actual Gods and Psykers who could kill with a thought he has raised himself from the dirt to be the most powerful mortal in the universe (resource wise).Everyone loves an underdog story.

Could you, perhaps, pretty please, as a new years gift, give us the title of the next chapter? Just so we can go wild with our imagination :lol:
ALEXisAWESOME

Postby Darth Cheesecake » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:59 pm

LordLucan wrote:
ALEXisAWESOME wrote:

Oh Vect is far from out of the fight... :D

"And that is how Vect was elected President of the Galaxy and saved the universe."

"What....?"

"Yeah no one else saw that coming either."
"malum nunquam dormitat"
Darth Cheesecake

Postby Endless_Purge » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:49 am

Whatever happened to the Lamenters?
Can't kill all of us, BITCH.
~Unofficial Imperial Guardsman motto.
Endless_Purge

Postby Sipahi Commando » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:50 am

The poor fools probably didn't even survive the first few decades of the Second Age of Strike.
Sipahi Commando

Postby Endless_Purge » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:59 pm

Sipahi Commando wrote:The poor fools probably didn't even survive the first few decades of the Second Age of Strike.

I want to believe:

Can't kill all of us, BITCH.
~Unofficial Imperial Guardsman motto.
Endless_Purge

Postby darkblade_90 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:40 am

I, good to see this page again, now I have more question and some things to said, so first of it:

Did you ever write something of arrested fall? the AU where the eldar fall didnt happen? I saw the faction but that it.

Also lucan: where is your view of the dark age of technology? I meant who did you imagine a typical city?

Second bit: what did you think about most recient devolpment? Like the fact ghaztkull plan is to pretty much create endless war(in fact, what happen to him?) the fact Ahriman have bullet in his heart that need magic to constant keep them apart or supreme eterial die in damocles conflict part 2? I now you have to "undate" things to time to time(like khaine gate wasnt there at first) so what is your opinion about it?

Now a more relevant question: what was the feeling fo the deamon primach about the star father, after all they fight the corpse emperor, now they have to deal with the fact he become ONE of gods? In fact how Lorgar react to such a thing, no only he was right, the gods he workship MAKE HIM right?

Did anyone in original legion(or whatever ir remain about them) serve the star-father? maybe soon of them have doubt about serving chaos and this is the prove they want.

Did Sons of malal/malice still exist? I said it because I ask josh reynolds, first about the diference between Khrone and Malal, that is whay it said:

Yes. It's a matter of end goals and motivation. Khorne doesn't hate everything...he just wants to murder all of existence and wear its head as a hat. He's a short-sighted nutter with impulse-control issues. If he snuffs all life, it's by accident, rather than design.

But Malal *hates* EVERYTHING, even himself. He's a cosmic nihilist. His end game is oblivion, just as long as his brothers go first

about Malal in whetever he is a good of paradox, self hatred or just being a dick as just describe once, his answer?

All three. Malal is at war with everything that exists.

Even I ask him about what sacred animal Malal would have and the look of his realm, he said that locust and a gigant wasteland where nothing ever lives except him, so that in case you decide to write something Malal related.
darkblade_90

Postby Sipahi Commando » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:09 am

I noticed a quote from The Shape of the Nightmare to Come:
The Sensei, the progeny of the Emperor, managed to, for the most part, resist domination (their tragic stories are told elsewhere though, so we will not dwell upon it here).

Was this ever elaborated upon, LL?
Sipahi Commando

Postby Isobaric Hellfire » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:38 am

Endless_Purge wrote:
Sipahi Commando wrote:The poor fools probably didn't even survive the first few decades of the Second Age of Strike.

I want to believe:

Hope they're alive, at least, despite all their gruesome luck. The Imperial Tarot said that their misfortune would become worse, it says nothing about death, I guess :D

It took me roughly 7 hours to read all the fluff. Kudos to you, LL, for this magnifique masterpiece. But now I'm addicted to AoD. Can't wait for more updates; I cannot die without catch a glimpse of the end of this.

(I'm not a native english speaker, sorry for my grammar issues, if I had.)
Isobaric Hellfire

Postby helix123 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:01 am

Guys, is there any timelines we can use for Age of Dusk?
helix123

Postby Isobaric Hellfire » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:32 am

I found some inconsistencies:

On 397.893.M58, the single most important development in Tau culture and their wider society came to pass. It wa son this day, upon the world of Jaa’Vorl, that a Tau child known to history as Kor-Pivin, was the first Tau to undergo experimental Earth Caste genetic tests. These long and gruelling tests had be begun barely seven kai’rotaa (each equivalent to 50 Terran Days) previously, after reports across the empire spoke of strange Tau who could perceive the world in a way never before seen, and could even manipulate local physical constants to a minor degree. On some of the more far distant Sept colonies, such talents would often go unexplored, but the pattern began to reoccur within the more metropolitan sept worlds and sept-dominated colonies. Once the tests were completed, the results were revealed to the Earth caste much to their astonishment. They had confirmed the existence of the first ever Tau psyker

First Tau Psyker in M58, but...

In 823.M55, the first of the Shas’N’drassir’Kais’Por’Vanos (known unofficially as ‘the Idealist’ by its builders) Class of starship was finally commissioned. (...) The Earth Caste engineer could not have realised at the time (or afterwards to be honest, after his mind was cleansed of unorthodoxy by members of the M’yen psyker caste), but the Tau did have a means of finding a warzone beyond the fringe; the Jericho gate.

M'yens existing during the Idealist's deployment, in late M55 :shock:, but...

In the year 883.M53, monsters descended upon Colobar (...) Within the Tau Empire’s tightly controlled society, the Psyker-Caste of the M’yen were used to locate and eliminate subversive elements within their great worlds. (From the Additional Background Section 9: Shadow Play: Espionage and unknown missions

Now, there're M'yens in late M53! Those things needs to be corrected :D
Isobaric Hellfire

Postby OshawaIcedHands » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:40 pm

Join In just because of this Epic. Frak, you make the universe of warhammer both more Grimdark and noblebright at the same time. :o

Question though. Where are the missing primarchs? Were they subtly mentioned or are they prominent in the saga?
OshawaIcedHands

Postby ALEXisAWESOME » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:36 pm

The Primarches are prominent figures, with the most stable Imperium still going is the Imperium of the 5 Brothers. Created by Vulkan, later joined by Corax, Jaghati, Russ and finally Lion. Fulgrim and Mortarion are dead, both killed by the Lion. Logar is in league with whatever new hell is coming out of the Deep Warp. There was a chapter about Daemon Angron but I can't remember where or if he survived. Alpharius (Or was it Omeagon? :lol: ) has made a few appearences and appears to be fighting a shadow war we haven't been introduced to yet. Purturbo is in league with the new God of the Forge. Magnus is still kicking around and has yet to make a real move. The Iron Hands Primarch is still dead, but a C'tan Shard that was bound to his dead body has his memories which Vulkan keeps locked up in his celler as his personal project.

Can't think of the rest off the top of my head. But all of the loyalist Primarches are major players in the saga, none of the Daemon Primarches bar Logar have had much success. They'll all have a part to play in the finale though, because we know that Vect has a personal Vendetta against Russ, Lion believes the 5 Brothers Imperium is corrupt and not what the Emperor wants and Alpharius is up to something fancy, so there are still a few stories to follow up on.
ALEXisAWESOME

Postby OshawaIcedHands » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:47 pm

I meant the 2 missing ones, not the named ones, but those which we do not know anything about. The Second and Eleventh Primarchs. Are they in here?
OshawaIcedHands

Postby helix123 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:21 am

OshawaIcedHands wrote:I meant the 2 missing ones, not the named ones, but those which we do not know anything about. The Second and Eleventh Primarchs. Are they in here?

http://www.thebolthole.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1623 Take a look at this thread. The missing primarches are mentioned in here.
helix123

Postby OshawaIcedHands » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:02 pm

helix123 wrote:
OshawaIcedHands wrote:I meant the 2 missing ones, not the named ones, but those which we do not know anything about. The Second and Eleventh Primarchs. Are they in here?

http://www.thebolthole.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1623 Take a look at this thread. The missing primarches are mentioned in here.

Dear God, That series, although I just started, is gooooood. :D Thanks Helix123

helix123 wrote:Guys, is there any timelines we can use for Age of Dusk?

Not that I know, and, due to inconsistencies, there may never be one :cry:
OshawaIcedHands

Postby JJvagnar » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:57 pm

The last we heard of Magnus, his eye had been torn out by Ahriman, so he's possibly dead. Only remaining Traitor Primarchs are Angron, Perturabo and Lorgar. Kor Phaeron is a daemon prince. Chaos heroes from 40k still include Kharn, Abaddon, Fabius, Hounsou, and...

Hey did we ever find out what happened to Marduk and Shon,tou?
JJvagnar

Postby OshawaIcedHands » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:46 pm

JJvagnar wrote:The last we heard of Magnus, his eye had been torn out by Ahriman, so he's possibly dead. Only remaining Traitor Primarchs are Angron, Perturabo and Lorgar. Kor Phaeron is a daemon prince. Chaos heroes from 40k still include Kharn, Abaddon, Fabius, Hounsou, and...

Hey did we ever find out what happened to Marduk and Shon,tou?

No idea about Marduk and Shontou, but Due to Magnus being a Daemon Prince, he'll need time to regenerate in the warp while he find another form, perhaps with two eyes ;) . Thoughts Lucan?
OshawaIcedHands

Postby Sumeragi Atsukuni » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:36 am

Hope they're alive, at least, despite all their gruesome luck. The Imperial Tarot said that their misfortune would become worse, it says nothing about death, I guess :D

Both the true nature of the Emperor's Tarot and that of Divination itself are unknown. And even if it becomes worse but that they survive for a few centuries, that does not mean they will exist for thousands of years.

Sipahi Commando wrote:I noticed a quote from The Shape of the Nightmare to Come:
The Sensei, the progeny of the Emperor, managed to, for the most part, resist domination (their tragic stories are told elsewhere though, so we will not dwell upon it here).

Was this ever elaborated upon, LL?

The only known case is Crolomere the Grey (which / witch that I also called "Crolomere the hippie" :p).

In my fandex, Jipang (a.k.a. Nippon in Space), I revised the fluff of the "senseï" (because it is a stupid name... how can I explain it... it is Japanese, yes, and it is grammatically correct, yes... but the way it is used is pure nonsense as well as the meaning it is supposed to have in the 40k setting) and called them instead "Arahitogami". Though they could be another sub-race of Mankind whose historical origins are unknown (the History & Founding Myths of Jipang mirror those of IRL Japan until the Edo period and start to be different with the Meiji era, also the chronology is way longer due to the Arahitogami being quite numerous and the Kôshitsu being mainly composed by them). Not all Arahitogami are direct descendants of the Emperor of the Imperium, and ironically, unlike the Senseï, diplomatic policy of the Missionarius Galactica have conducted the Arahitogami to be descendants of the Emperor... How ? It is customary for the Missionarius to identify local deities with the Emperor. And they did it... with Izanagi no Mikoto (who is, according to my research in History of Religions, the same archetype as Adam Kadmon : the Cosmic Man). Verry few if at all among the Arahitogami are known / supposed to be 1rst generation . Maybe the founder of Jipang, officially "Jinmu-Tennô", unofficially dubbed by Imperial researchers as "Sumeragi Atsukuni" (they seek to solve the mysteries of Jipang origins, and their are 4 more main broad theories : Arahitogami origin (official stance), Exodite origin latter colonized and flooded by humans and Arahitogami, created by the Old Ones... and... Unknown Primarch origin)... but the first Tennô, the first Heavenly Sovran, Ascended long, long ago.

Unlike the 1rst and 2nd versions of the senseï written in the old formerly official Fluff, Arahitogami can reproduce among themselves and with fellow humans. But they have a verry low fertility rate (this is something Nature did because they are immortals and thus should in theory not need to reproduce... but since they evolved from normal humans, they can, and also Jipang, despite being known as the country of immortality and gold (and other stuff) has a lot of "elegant/soft/peaceful/civilised" violence and thus a high mortality rate, so yes, a lot of Arahitogami dies in combat). Arahitogami mating among each other have an even lower fertility rate. It is far higher when they do it with mortals (Homo Sapiens or Homo Sapiens Japonicae) but not all children born this way are Arahitogami, and the genes who makes an Arahitogami often pass several generations. Since the Arahitogami bloodline stems from the Kôshitsu, those with a Kabane "Kôbetsu" are likely to be Arahitogami or to have one as offspring.

Altough Jipang is mainly habited by humans (Homo Sapiens Japonica, who has a few differences compared to the main Homo Sapiens of the Imperium but not enough to make it an "abhuman species") it is ruled mainly by Arahitogami (traditionnaly, all Daimyô were, because they all came from the Fujiwara, Minamoto, Taira or Tachibana bloodlines, who originated ; officially the bloodlines of the gods from the Tenson Kôrin myth, who descended from Heaven along Ninigi no Mikoto, were also all Arahitogami... but the truth is probably more complex, according to some researchers and historians, because, for exemple, the smith god, Ame no Ma Hitotsu no Kami, is the same archetype as Vaul... and he could also possibly have been Vulkan ??!!), and it has the greatest concentration of Arahitogami in the galaxy / universe.

In the 50k setting and 60k setting, I think Jipang would have not only survived, but prospered.

IRL, Nippon in 40k had a short existence in the cannon, where it was more like some parody of the Dai Nippon Teikoku of the Second World War, with the Imperium playing the role of the Perfide Albion and Murica. And the samurai had better profiles than Space Marines, with power swords as katana. I took that into account along with real history and less shagadelic bullshit. Before reading 50k and 60k, I considered M41 as a proxy Shôwa era, with the samurai still alive and well and Jipang simply joining the general atmosphere of Warhammer 40K (Gothic & Grimdark). But I had to revise it because of 50K (even though it is not Canon, it is Fan Canon, so I don't care :p).
Sumeragi Atsukuni

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Fan Fiction