The Age of Dusk [60K] [SECTION 54 IS UP!]

Got some current fan fiction? 40k, WFB, Age of Sigmar and all other fiction is to be found here.

Re: The Age of Dusk [60K] [SECTION 54 IS UP!]

Postby OshawaIcedHands » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:41 pm

Chaos Prophet wrote:@LordLucan

Two questions:

1. Why is Cadia called the Heart of the Eye of Terror if it was outside the Eye of Terror during the Age of the Old Imperium? Why did Lorgar choose that place as his capital and not Sicarus? And the Primarch crusades against the Travesty make almost no mention of any Crone World Eldar forces, or the Impossible World that the Draziin-Maton first sprung from. What are they doing as the Travesty burns?

2. Is Lorgar trying to become a Chaos God? Because I'm still not sure what he's doing on Cadia.

I can answer at least one of the Questions, but take it with a grain of salt. Cadia's Pylons probably broke from the strain of the Black Crusades (It did take 20 for Abbadon to Conquer it) allowing for the Eye to expand beyond its Old Imperium Boundaries. Even if the pylons weren't destroyed, the planet is still fortified to hell and back and would be easily defendable by a token force. Sicarus is a Daemonic Shrine World that the Word Bearers were using as a base post-Heresy. Churches are not exactly that defensible, even by Traitor Legions. Plus the infinite birth rate in Cadia would allow Lorgar to gather enough Sacrifices to hypothetically become a God if he managed to find Ahriman's Cube of Godhood.

As for the Crone World Eldar and Draziin-Maton, no idea since the focus has been placed on the Eastern Fringe and Iacob's Sanctuary
OshawaIcedHands

Postby Chaos Prophet » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:06 pm

Thank you.

Also, I've started reading the Eridani Records, and from what I can tell it seems to be saying that the Ophilim is the name of an entire species, of which the Ophilim-Kiasosz is a singular member, and that they're from 'the realm beyond the realm.'

What exactly are they? Do they have any relation to the Deep Warp or the Nex, since both their realm and the Deep are described as being beyond?
Chaos Prophet

Postby partnary » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:28 pm

I think Lucan died. Or at least got distracted by his various new novels. Though interestingly his personal blog hasn't actually been updated since last year, so died is probably more likely.
partnary

Postby LordLucan » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:11 pm

I seldom use my personal blog, as it wasn't getting many views, and I haven't the time to do loads of movie reviews and blog pieces which'd be required to keep the thing active.

Not dead, I'm still around. I have my personal original fiction which I'm working on at the moment. I also have another alternate universe 30K fanfic project I've been updating more recently; the Arrested Fall. I'll be adding several sections to that today incidentally :lol:
Check out my debut fantasy novel from Fox Spirit Books, The Hobgoblin's Herald (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hobgoblins-Herald-R-Aston/dp/1910462047). If you've read it, please rate and review it on amazon; I'd be eternally grateful. The sequel, Eater of Names, is out in 2018, so watch this space.
LordLucan

Postby OshawaIcedHands » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:10 am

LordLucan wrote:I seldom use my personal blog, as it wasn't getting many views, and I haven't the time to do loads of movie reviews and blog pieces which'd be required to keep the thing active.

Not dead, I'm still around. I have my personal original fiction which I'm working on at the moment. I also have another alternate universe 30K fanfic project I've been updating more recently; the Arrested Fall. I'll be adding several sections to that today incidentally :lol:

Nice to have you back, Lucan. Though do have any ideas about the state of The Age of Dusk and where it goes from here?
OshawaIcedHands

Postby Chaos Prophet » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:07 am

Praise the Deep for your return!

Speaking of, how ‘sentient’ could the Nex[CHAOSUNCEASING] be considered? Does it actively wish to unmake real space, or is it unaware of its prey?
Chaos Prophet

Postby L'Arpenteur » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:57 pm

Great to have you back LordLucan ! Eager to see what is coming ! The calm before the storm as we say.
L'Arpenteur

Postby CptK0ma » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:16 pm

After checking in every week for almost two years to see if something new is up,I think it is time to move on now :(
CptK0ma

Postby Dazarid » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:38 pm

CptK0ma wrote:After checking in every week for almost two years to see if something new is up,I think it is time to move on now :(

You know, I thought the same thing about the Roboutian Heresy, but that's been updating like crazy recently after 3-4 years. Also LL has 2-3 other projects that they're working on, as far as I know. So they've got a lot on their plate, :P.
Dazarid

Postby Chaos Prophet » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:44 am

I'm gonna be completely honest, I can't see Vulkan's crusade beating Lorgar.

I mean the Draziin Maton are goddamn invincible and only harmed by stasis grenades, which iirc are really damn rare.

Also about the Daemon Primarch's they've already killed: They were never using Anathames or Daemon-Killing weapons, what's stopping the ones they've 'killed' from just being like "bitch don't you know how demons work?"

Unless I'm missing something important, someone explain pls.
Chaos Prophet

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Fan Fiction