Announcement

The Bolthole's monthly 1,000 word story competition.

Announcement

Postby J D Dunsany » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:02 pm

*ahem*

Is this thing on?

Right. This is a quick message just to let you know that I'll be stepping down both as moderator and RiaR-runner at the end of this month's comp. There are a number of reasons for this, which I don't really want to go into now.

All I want to say is how much I've enjoyed the last few years and how ridiculously proud I am of the comp and of its many participants, whose stories have crackled with enthusiasm, imagination and no little talent. I've made good friends through this comp and have seen writers develop and grow in all sorts of interesting ways as a result of its restrictions.

I'm delighted to announce that LordLucan has agreed to take over the comp-running duties starting next month. I know the competition will be in safe hands (tentacles?) and I look forward to pitching the odd story into the mix myself.

All the best!

JDD
JDD story of the moment: Glory
J D Dunsany

Re: Announcement

Postby Mossy Toes » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:25 am

The mod is dead, long live the mod!

Thank you for your contributions, JDD—you've really enriched the forum by keeping RiaR alive.
What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator!
Mossy Toes

Postby Commander Shadow » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:41 pm

It's been a pleasure reading your posts, both stories and RIAR prompts/rulings. I hope everything is well or will be well soon on your end.
- And there arose from the abyss a terrible beast and the armies of man were laid low by the walls of the ancient city. The ground shook and the skies trembled and all knew as the beast had come forth and that the end of time was upon them.

"Shadow is always right, except when he tries to save his men from charging orks" - Ang
Commander Shadow

Postby LordLucan » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:13 pm

KNEEL BEFORE LL!

... I mean, I hope my time as RiaR runner will be as efficient and enjoyable as JDD's reign (of terror)

Thanks for being a great comp runner Dunsany. :D
Check out the start of my new serialised novel, Gingerbread, published with Jukepop Serials (It is free to read, so please read and comment). Here's the link, enjoy:
https://www.jukepopserials.com/home/read/1367/?chapter=2&p=0&sl=10
LordLucan

Postby Kal_Ryper » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:38 pm

Thanks JDD for all your hard work.
Kal_Ryper

Postby Raziel4707 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:32 am

Just saw this post, a real shame but I'm sure you've got your reasons. RiaR is definitely one of the major factors in my growth as a writer and I'm sure I wouldn't have been published without its lessons. Thanks for everything JDD, you did a fantastic job and I'm sure LL will keep up the tradition.

Raz.
Raziel4707

Return to Board index

Return to Read in a Rush