Read In A Rush: PDF Anthologies

The Bolthole's monthly 1,000 word story competition.

Read In A Rush: PDF Anthologies

Postby J D Dunsany » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:43 pm

The 'pdf' in the title does not refer to planetary defense forces, I should point out.

So far, we've produced two Read In A Rush anthologies. Art and design were done by the wonderful Gundi da Grot with art from our very own Jeff Preston gracing the first one, as well. Now you can read some great fanfiction on... well, anything that'll display pdfs really. Enjoy!

Read In A Rush: Anthology I

Read In A Rush: Winners' Anthology 2010
JDD story of the moment: Glory
J D Dunsany

Re: Read In A Rush: PDF Anthologies

Postby J D Dunsany » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:02 pm

*clears throat*

I'm very pleased to announce that there will be a Read In A Rush Winners Anthology 2011 released later on this year. We're in the (very) early planning stages at the moment, but there will be sixteen short stories in the anthology, each (hopefully) accompanied by an author's introduction. Gundi has very graciously agreed to handle the design of the anthology and provide some of the artwork, but there is plenty of room on the art team for more forumites of an artistic inclination. If you're interested in providing artwork for the anthology, please get in touch and I can point you in the direction of the stories we're talking about and looking to illustrate.

Please note, this is a fan-produced fanfiction publication and no payment for artwork will be possible. That said, there will be a contributors' biography section which you can use to promote websites and/or previous work.

If you're interested, drop me a line via PM and we'll talk further.

All the best!

JDD
J D Dunsany

Postby Mossy Toes » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:54 pm

Would this happen to include one of the RiaRRU culls that I've rounded up?
What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator!
Mossy Toes

Postby J D Dunsany » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:52 pm

Because of the large number of stories this time round, I'm going to hold back on those till the 2012 anthology, I think. There are sixteen stories in this one, partly because of three months when we had joint winners and partly because the Forest comp was an additional one. Those 'best of the rest' stories will fit better with the smaller 2012 anthology. :)

JDD
J D Dunsany

Return to Board index

Return to Read in a Rush