The End Times (Spoilers for all End Times Books)

For talking openly about the spoilers from Black Library fiction.

Re: The End Times (Spoilers for all End Times Books)

Postby David Earle » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:51 pm

It depends on how crazy Malekith is at the moment, and how much trouble Naggaroth is in. Malekith will never fall to Chaos or Nagash, but he's been willing to risk ending the world to reclaim Ulthuan before. It might also be that with the End Times in full swing, Malekith will be tempted to take up the Widowmaker at long last. That's assuming he's even capable of doing more than just holding on to what he has, what with the daemons and such.
Check out my blog!

"David is very very old, but also slow, he creeps up behind you without you noticing and then just as his non-breath fails to be felt against your neck he pounces and gives you an informative post." - schaferwhat‽

Ogunzhar lives!
David Earle

Postby Fenris » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:30 pm

So....

At least something of Altdorf will be saved with bretonnian's blood.

this won't be used to torment each and every empire player i meet from now on....No no....
Thrusting his thunder hammer into the sky, he shouted—so that all could hear "Primarch.Progenitor, to your glory!"
"And to the glory of Him on Earth!" his brothers bellowed in response
-
A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked
Fenris

Postby Mossy Toes » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:53 am

Fenris wrote:At least something of Altdorf will be saved with bretonnian's blood.

this won't be used to torment each and every empire player i meet from now on....No no....

You're proud that Bretonnians are the Sisters to the Empire's Grey Knights?

:P Intentionally shoddy analogy, I know.
What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator!
Mossy Toes

Postby Fenris » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:21 am

Stil better than what we got since 6th edition :P So far we have been the stupid kind of guard regiment (those that do nothing or shell allies with artillery AND then get butchered)

Anyway...The STANDARD book is already sold out and i missed the preorder....Goshdarnit...
Thrusting his thunder hammer into the sky, he shouted—so that all could hear "Primarch.Progenitor, to your glory!"
-
A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked
Fenris

Postby Fenris » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:29 pm

Still trying to find a way to buy Et:Glottkin

My local GW store has already sold every single unit they'll get.
§the store i usually use was flooded and destroyed (with half of my city) 2 weeks ago and,obviously,has done no new order

I'll never manage to give GW my money :cry:
-
Fenris

Postby Fenris » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:57 pm

Praise the Empe....Oh wait :shock:
-
Fenris

Postby Lord of the Night » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:21 pm

Fenris wrote:Image

Praise the Empe....Oh wait :shock:

Cue the terrified screams of Chaos followers everywhere.

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby Fenris » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:30 pm

Mostly from those close
And this still looks relevant :lol:
-
Fenris

Postby Fenris » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:53 pm

Taal cared little for the fate of men,but nothing drew his ire more than corruption of his rustic paradise.The nature good broke into a run,lakes born in his footprints.As h neared the horizon,Taal spied an obscenly fat figure at the storm's heart

"Get thee hence from my skies!" roared the nature god,lightning crackling around his stag-skull helm."I banish thee,impostor,from my realm"

"The true impostor is you" came the distant reply,a sussurration like the buzzing of a billion flies

Taal felt his skin itch and looked down,eyes wide.Discoloured spots were spreading across his skin,black moss spouting in patches from his limbs

"No!Cease this at once!"Shouted Taal,gouging furrows in his flesh in an attempt to rid himself of the disease.

The only reply was a low,booming laugh,sounding for all the world like the thunder of storms yet to come

Might i say that i find this kind of stuff perfect for what warhammer should be all about?
-
Fenris

Postby Fenris » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:59 pm

So,expanding from what i was saying in the other topic,what i've found regarding the gods:

Taal,right before the encounter with Nurgle above,is described as the most ancient and powerful of the (human) gods

Later,the patriarch of the magic colleges has a vision of him (makes sense,he's a beast wizard after all)

In this dream,Taal (heavily disfigured by tumor-like growth and similar things) says to him that only the true sons of Sigmar can save him,but that everyone that will fight for Altdorf will die in agony.

Much later,when Karl Franz is killed,his last words are an invocation of Sigmar's name

The book explicitly says "And the world was changed forever" right after that.

A hole to the otherworld opens in the sky and from there a twin tailed comet of light crashes into Karl Franz,reviving him and turning him into super-Karl.

At the same time,in the other realm,Shallya tries to heal Taal but isn't strong enough and is infected by nurgle's plagues.
At that point,the Lady shows up.She seems hesitant for a second then she turns and looks at a golden phantom that's at her side (implyed to be Louen's ghost) and inspired by his sacrifice she starts healing the duo.She actually manages it (probably an hint to the fact that elven gods are actually still able to fight the power of chaos ascendant,while human ones can't as well).The first to heal is Shallya that then rejoins the healing of Taal.
Ulric shows up too and lends his strenght.Taal is encased in a coat of ice that is then shattered by the god of winter,with the god of nature coming out of it renewed.

Notice that the battle happens around gehimisnacht,so at the solstice of winter

In the real world,the landscape is swept by the sun of the new winter,and the new season cleans the land of nurgles' diseases.

At the same time,the residual energy from the comet flows into the rivers of the empire and turns them back from rotting waters to pure ones

In the garden of Nurgle,each and all creature is in hiding,while the tempest of the Greatfather ire swirls around.The plague god was denied his price.
-
Fenris

Postby Gaius Marius » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:53 pm

Fenris wrote:Mostly from those close
And this still looks relevant :lol:

Nurgle, stop. HAMMERTIME.
Space Cowboy, Spartan II, Specter, Reclusiarch

'I see the fear you have inside.'
Gaius Marius

Postby Fenris » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:08 pm

Interesting "crossover" expansion on Draigo (because we all know the silver knight is Draigo...)

Unlike what was shown in his 40k lore,he's not invincible.

From the way the author of Liber Chaotica explains it,he can be defeated,just not destroyed by the demons.In time,he ends freeing himself/avenging his defeats and the cycle starts anew

So,pretty much,it underlines the fact that while Draigo is able to survive in the RoC and even mess up its denizens,his "quest" is doomed to be pointless
-
Fenris

Postby Xisor » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:48 pm

Fenris wrote:Interesting "crossover" expansion on Draigo (because we all know the silver knight is Draigo...)

Unlike what was shown in his 40k lore,he's not invincible.

From the way the author of Liber Chaotica explains it,he can be defeated,just not destroyed by the demons.In time,he ends freeing himself/avenging his defeats and the cycle starts anew

So,pretty much,it underlines the fact that while Draigo is able to survive in the RoC and even mess up its denizens,his "quest" is doomed to be pointless

Where's that coming from? And which Liber Chaotica author? ('Cause there's two! Richard Williams [of Relentless/Imperial Glory fame, writing Liber Khorne] or Marijan Von Staufer [the rest].)

In any event, the 'workarounds' to keep the story interesting are, at very least, a compelling exercise in creativity where the Grey Knights are concerned. Ben Counter did well with Alaric in Hammer of Daemons whilst Aaron D-B did a great run-down of their... specific powers and impotence in The Emperor's Gift. From what I've heard, some of the more recent stuff has been quite compelling too. I'm curious as to how Nick Kyme's Dreadknight story went down...

---

Anyway, I digress. This is all about the end of the other world. Wonder what happened to the Inevitable City after Draigo wandered off from it? :lol:
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Fenris » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:49 pm

-End times:Khaine

-The in-universe author of the Liber chaotica,they meet him right before meeting Draigo(as with Draigo his name is never mentioned but the description makes it clear,he's been wandering in the RoC for a long time and is taking notes for his book)
-
Fenris

Postby Lord of the Night » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:35 pm

Xisor wrote:In any event, the 'workarounds' to keep the story interesting are, at very least, a compelling exercise in creativity where the Grey Knights are concerned. Ben Counter did well with Alaric in Hammer of Daemons whilst Aaron D-B did a great run-down of their... specific powers and impotence in The Emperor's Gift. From what I've heard, some of the more recent stuff has been quite compelling too. I'm curious as to how Nick Kyme's Dreadknight story went down...

Don't forget their mindset in John French's absolutely brilliant short story Crucible. Not only shows the heroism of the Grey Knights but also a compelling viewpoint of the Imperium of Man and the ideal of sacrifice.

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Spoiler Zone