One thing that really annoyed me about Galaxy in Flames.

For talking openly about the spoilers from Black Library fiction.

One thing that really annoyed me about Galaxy in Flames.

Postby Therion » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:05 am

The author has completely lost track on ammo use. So, these guys have deployed into the Choral City and then fought with hordes of fanatical Chaos worshippers and then there was the betrayal and they fought for weeks/months without any resupply?
Taking in account that they were firing in bursts, they should have depleted their ammo at some time during the fight for the Choral City.
"There can be no bystanders in the battle for survival. Anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush" -Scriptorus Munificantus
Therion

Re: One thing that really annoyed me about Galaxy in Flames.

Postby David Earle » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:13 am

Field stripping is a magical thing. ;)
Check out my blog!

"David is very very old, but also slow, he creeps up behind you without you noticing and then just as his non-breath fails to be felt against your neck he pounces and gives you an informative post." - schaferwhat‽

Ogunzhar lives!
David Earle

Postby Xisor » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:33 am

Therion wrote:The author has completely lost track on ammo use. So, these guys have deployed into the Choral City and then fought with hordes of fanatical Chaos worshippers and then there was the betrayal and they fought for weeks/months without any resupply?
Taking in account that they were firing in bursts, they should have depleted their ammo at some time during the fight for the Choral City.

Yep, that's the bad thing.
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Therion » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:10 am

Xisor wrote:
Therion wrote:The author has completely lost track on ammo use. So, these guys have deployed into the Choral City and then fought with hordes of fanatical Chaos worshippers and then there was the betrayal and they fought for weeks/months without any resupply?

Yep, that's the bad thing.

Another would be the perfect perfection of Emperor's Children and similar stuff.

David Earle wrote:Field stripping is a magical thing. ;)

You mean taking ammo from fallen enemies? I don't think it would replace functioning supply lines. Especially that the loyalist just came out from a battle against another numerous opponents before the betrayal. Not to mention that I don't recall any being done in the novel.

Additionally there's a moment where the author suddenly remembers about that vital issue and writes about how they won't be able to hold out much more because they are running out of ammo and equally suddenly forgets about it and has them fight for months more.
"There can be no bystanders in the battle for survival. Anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush" -Scriptorus Munificantus
Therion

Return to Board index

Return to Spoiler Zone