Crown of Thorns

For talking openly about the spoilers from Black Library fiction.

Crown of Thorns

Postby Words_of_Truth » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:12 pm

Very very interesting story, the first 1000 story I was intrigued enough to get.

A Blood Angels successor chapter who had no cases of the Black Rage at all, up until a mysterious figure simply called the Undying Martyr is able to cross a moat which is considered even hard for a space marine to do so, turns up and convinces the Chief Chaplain that they are all sinners and they must repent. The chapter master had disappeared with the first company a while ago so command was left between the chaplains and librarians, the librarians denied this new comer but instead of fighting the Librarian only uttered the motto "We will rise on burning wings" but the chaplain responded with the new motto "The Emperor condemns!"

The chapter was formerly warrior-artisans but with the coming of the martyr even that was outlawed. The chapter used to be blue and gold but is now black with umber streaks across black.

This is a very interesting chapter I'd like to read about more tbh
Words_of_Truth

Re: Crown of Thorns

Postby DarkChaplain » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:24 pm

Go and read Fire Caste, if you haven't already. There are some parallels between the two, some of which might not be immediately clear, but when you get them, it will be so much more satisfying than it already was to begin with.
DarkChaplain

Re: Crown of Thorns

Postby Lord of the Night » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:08 am

DarkChaplain wrote:Go and read Fire Caste, if you haven't already. There are some parallels between the two, some of which might not be immediately clear, but when you get them, it will be so much more satisfying than it already was to begin with.

I read The Crown of Thorns last night.

Frankly a stunning short story. The Angels Penitent are a horrific chapter, made tragic by the fact that it wasn't pride that made them fall, it was shame. They twisted their own creed until shame became the most important part of it, and that made them fall in a twisted effort to prove how horrific they are because they really do believe that they are horrific.

I would very much like to see more of the Angels Penitent and Mentor-Sergeant Montaig, perhaps he will finally get to make his stand for the Angels Resplendent.

And after a few messages with Peter Fehevari I see the link to Fire Caste now, only took two attempts at answering it. I was both amused and disappointed, amused because it was a really good link and a reminder of how dangerous even a single madman can be, and disappointed because I really really wanted that guy to be dead!!

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Return to Board index

Return to Spoiler Zone