HH : Betrayal

For talking openly about the spoilers from Black Library fiction.

Re: HH : Betrayal

Postby Liliedhe » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:42 pm

Does it give the name of Angrons homeplanet?
"You were a warleader, a fighter, when did you gain such illuminating insight into the minds of others?"
"I learned such things as you and your brothers applied brand to my flesh and parted skin with rasp and knife," snarled Astelan. "When your witches tried to prise open my mind they opened me for an instant and I stared back."
Liliedhe

Postby Words_of_Truth » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:59 pm

It deliberately states his homeworld was deleted from records.
Words_of_Truth

Postby Liliedhe » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:03 pm

Why? What happened to it?
"You were a warleader, a fighter, when did you gain such illuminating insight into the minds of others?"
"I learned such things as you and your brothers applied brand to my flesh and parted skin with rasp and knife," snarled Astelan. "When your witches tried to prise open my mind they opened me for an instant and I stared back."
Liliedhe

Postby Lord of the Night » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:05 pm

Liliedhe wrote:Why? What happened to it?

I would imagine the same thing that happened to Colchis and Barbarus and Cthonia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNc242mbiUs

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby Liliedhe » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:09 pm

Except their names are still known and never were erased.
Liliedhe

Postby Lord of the Night » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:12 pm

Liliedhe wrote:Except their names are still known and never were erased.

True but other worlds were. Tsagualsa for example was erased from Imperial records. The planet with De'shea on it might fall into the same category, perhaps because of what happened on it to Angron, or perhaps Angron came back one day and decided to get revenge. The Emperor might have erased it so that nobody would know what Angron did to it.

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby flick » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:13 pm

The HH books are written from the point of view from some un-named imperial writer, with initials A.K written on an imperial seal. Mentions of the fate of various planets and primarchs are unknown, because this book seems to have been written within a 100 years or less, of the HH ending.
flick

Postby Liliedhe » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:16 pm

Now that is interesting :)
Liliedhe

Postby Lord of the Night » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:16 pm

flick wrote:The HH books are written from the point of view from some un-named imperial writer, with initials A.K written on an imperial seal. Mentions of the fate of various planets and primarchs are unknown, because this book seems to have been written within a 100 years or less, of the HH ending.

Guilliman and Dorn would have still been around then, perhaps they made sure the book did not contain such things.

LotN
Lord of the Night

Postby flick » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:06 pm

Liliedhe wrote:Now that is interesting :)

I don't really play the game, just paint and read..so these books are mana from heaven. The cover is leather with metal corners, and the pages have faded latin script weaving in-and-out .

The next will apparently feature night lords, Iron warriors, word bearers,and maybe the Salamanders, Iron hands, and raven guard...if they do, it'll have to be even more massive.

Interestingly enough, the book mentions several theories on Horus's 'birth' and the scattering of the primarch's. One theory hints that the emperor dragged Horus back while his brothers were scattered...hence why Horus was the first primarch found. :o
flick

Postby Liliedhe » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:08 pm

LOL Well, that is sure a novel theory, only it's not true. But I like it when sources that proclaim to be 'in universe' use that to the full impact and do not only mention 'facts' but also conjecture, theories and plain garbage.
Liliedhe

Postby Lord of the Night » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:19 pm

flick wrote:The next will apparently feature night lords**, Iron warriors, word bearers,and maybe the Salamanders, Iron hands, and raven guard...if they do, it'll have to be even more massive.

Well very obviously it'll be the Drop Site Massacre.

** Good. Very good. :twisted:

LotN
Lord of the Night

Postby flick » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:32 pm

Liliedhe wrote:LOL Well, that is sure a novel theory, only it's not true. But I like it when sources that proclaim to be 'in universe' use that to the full impact and do not only mention 'facts' but also conjecture, theories and plain garbage.

Well, it's all about context.
flick

Postby J.Blaze » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:53 pm

How are they going to set out the books though?

Are they going to follow the events of the Horus Heresy to the letter or are they going to simply drag it on it's knees?

7 Horus Heresy Books from Forgeworld would cover all the Legions and even the Emperor and Custodes permitting.

HH-Betrayal
Sons of Horus
World Eaters
Death Guard
Emperor's Children

HH-Massacre
Iron Hands
Salamanders
Raven Guard

HH-Damnation
Word Bearers
Iron Warriors
Alpha Legion
Night Lords

HH-Prospero
Space Wolves
Thousand Sons
Detachment: Adeptus Custodes
Detachment: Sisters of Silence

HH-Fallen
Dark Angels
The Fallen

HH-Terra
Imperial Fists
Blood Angels
White Scars
Army list: Adeptus Custodes
Army List: Sisters of Silence

HH-Divinity
Emperor of Mankind
Corrupt Horus Lupercal
Additonal rules, materal, etc

This is just my pondering but I guess they will drag it out, what with the geno Imperial Army and the added Aliens supposed to be in the HH-series of Forgeworld books.
J.Blaze

Postby Words_of_Truth » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:15 pm

I believe Massacre is going to cover all the legions that were there apart from the ones already covered in betrayal.
Words_of_Truth

Postby J.Blaze » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:37 pm

GOD-EMPEROR!

SEVEN LEGION IN ONE BOOK!?

MADNESS!

*LAUGHS INSANELY*

...No seriously that would be GW financial sucicide. On the otherhand if they do that then the book is worth £70... :roll:
J.Blaze

Postby flick » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:11 pm

It's over priced, but it's the same price as two brand-new Xbox games.

I really wanna start the background on my 30k Iron warrior force, but background/organisation might be rendered moot by the next book or even Angel Exterminus.
flick

Postby J.Blaze » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:30 pm

My whole life is devoted to 40K in my free time. I've always seen the bright side of paying GW prices until Forgeworld released that book... As it is I can see myself never buying any of these books but possibly the Primarch models (I believe the Primarch models are worth £70...) I want ickle Night Haunter! :lol:
J.Blaze

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:17 am

Lord of the Night wrote:
Ogun wrote:The Thousand Sons were from the Middle East.

That can be narrowed down. The Thousand Sons, or at least most of them, come from the 40k version of Persia.

LotN

The regions around Egypt actually, and that area of the Mediterranean.
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution

Postby sam vimes » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:21 pm

J.Blaze wrote:My whole life is devoted to 40K in my free time. I've always seen the bright side of paying GW prices until Forgeworld released that book... As it is I can see myself never buying any of these books but possibly the Primarch models (I believe the Primarch models are worth £70...) I want ickle Night Haunter! :lol:

Dont you mean batman? lol
"Huron-Fal’s systems were on the verge of shutdown ... ‘This death,’ rasped the voder, ‘this death is ours. We choose it. We deny you your victory.’

"Abandon your fear. Look forward. Move forward and never stop. You'll age if you pull back. You'll die if you hesitate."

"From iron cometh strength. From strength cometh will. From will cometh faith. From faith cometh honour. From honour cometh iron." "And may it ever be so"
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Spoiler Zone