HH : Betrayal

For talking openly about the spoilers from Black Library fiction.

HH : Betrayal

Postby flick » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:57 pm

Er..I was drunk last night, and I appeared to have ordered it. So If I come-too in an bath-tub full of Ice,missing my kidneys, you'll know why.

Anyroad, I've flicked through a staff-members copy and loved what I saw. There is an amazing amount of new lore about the pre-primarch legions..I was just wondering if the Lunar Wolves had an even earlier Legion name..I know the Death-Guard were the Dusk-raiders of something, and the World-eaters were the War-Hounds.
flick

Re: HH : Betrayal

Postby emeryt » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:17 pm

I have one thing to tell - FW should publish a lot (and I mean really a lot!) of photos of the book (cover and inside). furthermore, they should send a copy to every miniatures shop possible - if anyone is still not sure whether he wants to buy it, seeing this beautiful book will probably help make this right decision :)
emeryt

Postby Xisor » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:19 pm

flick wrote:Er..I was drunk last night, and I appeared to have ordered it.

You're my hero. *Swoons* :)
Admin of Ruin
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:20 pm

flick wrote:Er..I was drunk last night, and I appeared to have ordered it. So If I come-too in an bath-tub full of Ice,missing my kidneys, you'll know why.

Anyroad, I've flicked through a staff-members copy and loved what I saw. There is an amazing amount of new lore about the pre-primarch legions..I was just wondering if the Lunar Wolves had an even earlier Legion name..I know the Death-Guard were the Dusk-raiders of something, and the World-eaters were the War-Hounds.

Given what I've heard so far, each legion was simply called by its legion number. They gained their names over time, either because of their tactics such as the Dusk Raiders or their attitudes such as the War Hounds. Some of them gained their names from their Primarchs such as the Dark Angels and the Blood Angels. The Luna Wolves are said to have gotten their name from a campaign on Luna or some such.
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution

Postby Liliedhe » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:23 pm

I just did not yet order the book because I hope to be able to buy it at the weekender and thus save the shipping costs. But I will definitely get it. :mrgreen:
"You were a warleader, a fighter, when did you gain such illuminating insight into the minds of others?"
"I learned such things as you and your brothers applied brand to my flesh and parted skin with rasp and knife," snarled Astelan. "When your witches tried to prise open my mind they opened me for an instant and I stared back."
Liliedhe

Postby flick » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:44 am

I don't think we've had this much new lore since the Index Astartes articles in WD all those years ago.
flick

Postby Words_of_Truth » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:03 am

I flicked through mine, going to sit down and read it soon, there's just so much. Also it's an essential book if you want to do a Crusade or HH army since it has the basic legion list in it.
Words_of_Truth

Postby flick » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:00 pm

I ordered on monday night, how fast are Forgeworld on delivery?
flick

Postby J.Blaze » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:01 pm

flick wrote:I ordered on monday night, how fast are Forgeworld on delivery?

Really fast in my opinion. just don't do express delivery, 'Cause UPS bitches be crazy.

Probably get it tommorow morning.

(It's took me four times to write this post, I'm losing the plot...)
J.Blaze

Postby flick » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:52 pm

Anyone else have it? Spoilers follow...

Apparently the original Terran recruits for the Death-Guard were from Albia, which I assume is the 30k version of great Britain, and to a lesser extent the night lords and iron hands were recruited from that area.
flick

Postby Xisor » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:02 pm

flick wrote:Apparently the original Terran recruits for the Death-Guard were from Albia, which I assume is the 30k version of great Britain, and to a lesser extent the night lords and iron hands were recruited from that area.

If memory serves, Garro reflects on this as his origin a little at one point during Flight of the Eisenstein, though it wasn't ever specified as a general rule.

Also, the site for The Last Church is, according to Graham, on the Isle of Skye. I thus felt rather close indeed to the story looking out across at the windswept place from Applecross on the mainland earlier in the year.

Otherwise: mighty cool news.
Admin of Ruin
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Lord of the Night » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:13 pm

Hm, so the early Dusk Raiders were British? Hehe cool. Some early Night Lords too. :D

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby Liliedhe » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:38 pm

Britain is Albyon. Given the description of where Albia lies (including it fighting wars with a pacific Empire) I'd say it's Canada.
"You were a warleader, a fighter, when did you gain such illuminating insight into the minds of others?"
"I learned such things as you and your brothers applied brand to my flesh and parted skin with rasp and knife," snarled Astelan. "When your witches tried to prise open my mind they opened me for an instant and I stared back."
Liliedhe

Postby flick » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:00 am

I think different writers, have given areas different names. I'm gonna go with the HH books take on Albia being a north-western European island, full of Techno-Saxons.*

*Best name for a band. EVER.
flick

Postby Ogun » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:39 pm

Liliedhe wrote:Britain is Albyon. Given the description of where Albia lies (including it fighting wars with a pacific Empire) I'd say it's Canada.

Given Alba is actually the Scottish-Gaelic name for Scotland I'm going for that. As a result I do think that Garro needs to be given a Glaswegian accent in the audio dramas from now on. :)
So the Death Guard were recruited from a land with high rates of obesity, heart disease, diabetes and rickets. This is somehow appropriate.

It would be very interesting to find out where all the different legions were originally recruited from for the Great Crusade. The Thousand Sons were from the Middle East. Death Guard from Northern Britain. Does Betrayal say where the other three legions were originally from?
'What do you mean you "forgot to deploy the Baneblade"?'
Ogun

Postby Xisor » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:57 pm

A handy trip through some notable Scottish accents.

Don't just settle for the one in the doorway! :lol:

Albion, if memory serves, is the eldest name for the British mainland. Also, recall that the oceans had largely... gone away, so Britain as a landmass would be significantly different.

Though I like the 'in joke' of having them from specific places, I don't much care for the short continuity between now and 28,000 years in the future. (Boocooresti, Merica, Old Franc etc.) I think/hope a lot more work might go into fleshing out the changes between now and then.

But that's beside the point. The Storm Wardens in Deathwatch have a very overt Scottish feel to them. Claymores and everything!
Admin of Ruin
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby flick » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:11 pm

Well the world eaters were not taken from any particular place, they just recruited the most aggressive and competitive pieces of work they could find.

The Emperors children recruited the most promising sons of the Europa courts, as a penance for resisting the emperor. during the reunification.

The lunar wolves recruited from the Hunter-Clans of the Jutigran Bowl and Samsatitian sub-plate slums. Basically an aggressive and mobile people. Jutigran sounds Malaysian to me.
flick

Postby Liliedhe » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:24 pm

Does the book also contain infos on the history of the Primarchs, or just the Legions?
Liliedhe

Postby Lord of the Night » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:34 pm

Ogun wrote:The Thousand Sons were from the Middle East.

That can be narrowed down. The Thousand Sons, or at least most of them, come from the 40k version of Persia.

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby flick » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:39 pm

Liliedhe wrote:Does the book also contain infos on the history of the Primarchs, or just the Legions?

Both. Nothing ground-breaking, but some new bits and pieces. I need to read it again.
flick

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Spoiler Zone