Most memorable quotes

For talking openly about the spoilers from Black Library fiction.

Re: Most memorable quotes

Postby sam vimes » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:33 am

"We push on okay"
"Huron-Fal’s systems were on the verge of shutdown ... ‘This death,’ rasped the voder, ‘this death is ours. We choose it. We deny you your victory.’

"Abandon your fear. Look forward. Move forward and never stop. You'll age if you pull back. You'll die if you hesitate."

"From iron cometh strength. From strength cometh will. From will cometh faith. From faith cometh honour. From honour cometh iron." "And may it ever be so"
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby Liliedhe » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:02 am

„How long since you flew a gunship, sergeant?’ asked Auiden, dropping into the co-pilot’s seat and resting his hands next to the auxiliary controls.
‘Sixty years, give or take,’ said Tanna.
‘Give or take?’ said Auiden. ‘Not like you to be imprecise.’
‘Very well: sixty-eight years, five months, three days.’
‘Ah, then that makes me feel a lot better about flying nap-of-the-earth over a disintegrating world with little to no visibility,’ said Auiden.

From Lords of Mars. Black Templars may not have a sense of humour :P but they sure are awesome at sarcasm :mrgreen:
"You were a warleader, a fighter, when did you gain such illuminating insight into the minds of others?"
"I learned such things as you and your brothers applied brand to my flesh and parted skin with rasp and knife," snarled Astelan. "When your witches tried to prise open my mind they opened me for an instant and I stared back."
Liliedhe

Postby Xisor » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:42 am

Yep, LoM is quite quotable!

"Magos Kryptaestrex should know better than to voice such evocative terms," he said. "Planets do not blow up, they fracture along established fault-lines, implode on their collapsing core or they simply become geologically inert. In all my centuries with the Mechanicus, I have never yet seen a planet explode."

8-)

I wonder what happens next... *keeps reading*
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Lord of the Night » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:21 am

Trying to remember a quote from a BL book but which book it's in escapes me. It's where a Space marine talks about the "I was just following orders" ideal and that those words will forever be associated with cowardice. Can anyone remember where that's from??

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby sam vimes » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:55 am

Here you go Lotn:

"I Have never pretended to be anything but weak, Kharn. I don't enjoy war, yet I fight. I don't relish torture, yet I inflict it. I don't revere the gods, yet I serve their holy purpose. Humanity's weakest souls will always cling to the words "I was just following orders". They cower behind those words, making a virtue of their own weakness, lionising brutality over nobility. I know that when I die, I'll have lived my whole life shrouded by that same excuse.
"So will I. So will any Space Marine."
-Argel Tal and Kharn
"Huron-Fal’s systems were on the verge of shutdown ... ‘This death,’ rasped the voder, ‘this death is ours. We choose it. We deny you your victory.’

"Abandon your fear. Look forward. Move forward and never stop. You'll age if you pull back. You'll die if you hesitate."

"From iron cometh strength. From strength cometh will. From will cometh faith. From faith cometh honour. From honour cometh iron." "And may it ever be so"
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby Lord of the Night » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:36 am

sam vimes wrote:Here you go Lotn:

"I Have never pretended to be anything but weak, Kharn. I don't enjoy war, yet I fight. I don't relish torture, yet I inflict it. I don't revere the gods, yet I serve their holy purpose. Humanity's weakest souls will always cling to the words "I was just following orders". They cower behind those words, making a virtue of their own weakness, lionising brutality over nobility. I know that when I die, I'll have lived my whole life shrouded by that same excuse.
"So will I. So will any Space Marine."
-Argel Tal and Kharn

AH yes, that's it! I knew it was from a recent novel. Thanks Sam, love that quote. Really sums up Argel Tal's despair.

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby Gaius Marius » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:12 pm

'What do you see in my eyes?'
'Fire...'
Space Cowboy, Spartan II, Specter, Reclusiarch

'I see the fear you have inside.'
Gaius Marius

Postby sam vimes » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:48 pm

"You did well to bring them this far. It is time someone else carried you now." He then picks her up and carries her, Pedro Kantor showing a very human side in a very well done way by Steve Parker in Rynns World quite simply a awesome little scene I've overlooked too many times.

Also from Rynns World
"Turn your back on those who need you most and lose all that defines you"

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby sam vimes » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:13 pm

"Who do you work for?"
"The Emperor."
"Then imagine I'm Him and you won't be far wrong."

-Inquisitor Gregor Eisenhorn

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby Liliedhe » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:15 pm

sam vimes wrote:"You did well to bring them this far. It is time someone else carried you now." He then picks her up and carries her, Pedro Kantor showing a very human side in a very well done way by Steve Parker in Rynns World quite simply a awesome little scene I've overlooked too many times.

Also from Rynns World

*g* It only just occurred to me how symptomatic for the novel that scene is. Because there is quite a parallel between Kantor and the mother - as the Chapter Master he also has to carry his 'children' through the darkness and in to the future... only there is nobody who can carry him when it gets too much.
"You were a warleader, a fighter, when did you gain such illuminating insight into the minds of others?"
"I learned such things as you and your brothers applied brand to my flesh and parted skin with rasp and knife," snarled Astelan. "When your witches tried to prise open my mind they opened me for an instant and I stared back."
Liliedhe

Postby sam vimes » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:25 pm

Liliedhe wrote:
sam vimes wrote:"You did well to bring them this far. It is time someone else carried you now." He then picks her up and carries her, Pedro Kantor showing a very human side in a very well done way by Steve Parker in Rynns World quite simply a awesome little scene I've overlooked too many times.

Also from Rynns World

*g* It only just occurred to me how symptomatic for the novel that scene is. Because there is quite a parallel between Kantor and the mother - as the Chapter Master he also has to carry his 'children' through the darkness and in to the future... only there is nobody who can carry him when it gets too much.

True and very obvious now you point it out lol

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby Xisor » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:41 pm

Liliedhe wrote:

Also from Rynns World

:(

The Emperor protects?
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby SIngemeister » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:56 pm

Xisor wrote:
Liliedhe wrote:

Also from Rynns World

:(

The Emperor protects?

Where's Samwise Gamgee when you need him?
SIngemeister

Postby Xisor » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:14 am

SIngemeister wrote:Where's Samwise Gamgee when you need him?

"I can't carry it for you," *heaves*."But I can carry you!" :cry:
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Liliedhe » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:12 am

I guess he is part of the problem here :P

If you want to make a case for Cortez being the faithful friend.
Liliedhe

Postby SIngemeister » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:53 pm

Xisor wrote:
SIngemeister wrote:Where's Samwise Gamgee when you need him?

"I can't carry it for you," *heaves*."But I can carry you!" :cry:

"Blimey, Mr. Kantor, you ain't 'alf 'eavy!" *crunch*
SIngemeister

Postby Lord of the Night » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:06 pm

"I believe in the Word of our Primarch and I believe that Word makes us loyal to the Emperor. We are of the Word, and thus we are of the Emperor. It was ever thus. I despise the steps my Legion-kin have taken to embrace the Outer Dark. Too many steps, too far."
- Barthusa Narek

LotN
Lord of the Night

Postby MalkyDel » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:33 pm

Lord of the Night wrote:
"I believe in the Word of our Primarch and I believe that Word makes us loyal to the Emperor. We are of the Word, and thus we are of the Emperor. It was ever thus. I despise the steps my Legion-kin have taken to embrace the Outer Dark. Too many steps, too far."
- Barthusa Narek

LotN

I did enjoy that little gem. If only for the relief of him being so much less passive than in the last novel.
MalkavianDelirium

<3 Fan of Erebus <3

Then one day at Istvaan III,
Horus came to say.
"Fulgrim with your clothes so bright,
won't you help me slay tonight?"
Then all the rebels loved him
And they shouted out with glee.
"Fulgrim the Traitor Primarch,
you'll go down in history!"
MalkyDel

Postby sam vimes » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:37 pm

"Turn from those who need you, and you will lose everything that defines you"
Master Visdar a decade before his death to Pedro Kantor

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby sam vimes » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:10 pm

Robute

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Spoiler Zone