Most memorable quotes

For talking openly about the spoilers from Black Library fiction.

Re: Most memorable quotes

Postby Athelassan » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:46 am

David Earle wrote:I've forgotten, was there a separate thread for "generic" fiction quotes?

Here you go.

It took me a while to find it; perhaps it would be better in General Fiction rather than IOT, albeit it is for all media.

Ath
Athelassan

Postby Anakwanar » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:20 am

'Good death is its own reward' - yeah i know i hate Superman **** - but this fraze from Faora is sooo W40K :D
Anakwanar

Postby Therion » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:13 am

"Samus. That's the only name you'll hear. Samus. It means the end and the death. Samus. I am Samus. Samus is all around you. Samus is the man beside you. Samus will gnaw on your bones. Look out! Samus is here."
Beautiful :D .
"There can be no bystanders in the battle for survival. Anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush" -Scriptorus Munificantus
Therion

Postby Bellarius » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:23 pm

Flash: "This is the guy who said he couldn't live up to his myth. He's wrestling an angel."
The Good the Bad and the Insulting
Daily thoughts, reviews and news of films, novels video games and tabletop games.
Bellarius

Postby Xisor » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:34 pm

BLIGHTED EMPIRE

:cry:
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby MalkyDel » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:01 pm

Xisor wrote:BLIGHTED EMPIRE

:cry:

<3
MalkavianDelirium

<3 Fan of Erebus <3

Then one day at Istvaan III,
Horus came to say.
"Fulgrim with your clothes so bright,
won't you help me slay tonight?"
Then all the rebels loved him
And they shouted out with glee.
"Fulgrim the Traitor Primarch,
you'll go down in history!"
MalkyDel

Postby Xisor » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:50 pm

"I applaud your dedication," said Yllithian, somewhat repelled at the thought. "And what have you been doing with all the free time afforded to you by not being dead?"
- Path of the Renegade, AndyC
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby sam vimes » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:26 pm

I know Mr C.s Goto made many cock ups but damn when he tried he tried this still impresses me apologies for the caps I'm on my ps3 at the mo and retyping the below does not appeal.
THE BANSHEE'S CALL SHALL WAKE THE DEAD; WHEN DARK PORTENTS WAX NIGH
HEED THEM AS THE COUNSEL OF A SEER, OR A FATHER
THE YNGIR, WHO HAVE SLEPT SINCE THE BIRTH OF CHAOS
SHALL CRAWL ONCE MORE FROM THEIR TOMBS, THIRSTING FOR WARMTH.
THE WAR IN HEAVEN SHALL BE AS NOTHING TO THEIR VENGEANCE
FOR THE SONS OF ASURYAN, FEW IN NUMBER, CANNOT STAND AGAINST THEM.
AND THE EYE OF ISHA SHALL DIM, CLOSING FOR ETERNITY
SUCH A GENTLE GODDESS CANNOT WITNESS SUCH ATROCITIES AS THEY SHALL WRECK.
THEN SHALL COME THE LIVING DEAD, THE PROGENY
THEN THE THIRSTING ONES, THE FOREVER DAMNED
AND THE GALAXY SHALL RUN RED AS THE BLOOD OF ELDANESH,
THE VAUL-MOON SHALL BRING FORTH THE DRAGON
THE MASTER OF DEATH WILL DRINK DEEP FROM ISHA'S EYE
THAT WHICH LIES OUTSIDE WILL BE DRAWN TO THE HARVEST
AND THE JACKAL-GOD SHALL TURN BROTHER AGAINST BROTHER.
THE FOUR SHALL TAKE THEIR PLACE AMONGST THE STARS,
THEIR LEGIONS ASCENDANT, UNSTOPPABLE AS THE NIGHT
A DEADLY SHROUD SHALL FALL ACROSS THE SPIRIT
AND THE GALAXY SHALL MOURN.
"Huron-Fal’s systems were on the verge of shutdown ... ‘This death,’ rasped the voder, ‘this death is ours. We choose it. We deny you your victory.’

"Abandon your fear. Look forward. Move forward and never stop. You'll age if you pull back. You'll die if you hesitate."

"From iron cometh strength. From strength cometh will. From will cometh faith. From faith cometh honour. From honour cometh iron." "And may it ever be so"
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:29 am

Isn't this in the 3rd edition Necron Codex? I thought that's where Goto took it from?
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution

Postby sam vimes » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:03 pm

shadowhawk2008 wrote:Isn't this in the 3rd edition Necron Codex? I thought that's where Goto took it from?

Not a clue my good man I'll ask on the interwebs I kinda hope not as this is a pretty awesome bit of writing.
"Huron-Fal’s systems were on the verge of shutdown ... ‘This death,’ rasped the voder, ‘this death is ours. We choose it. We deny you your victory.’

"Abandon your fear. Look forward. Move forward and never stop. You'll age if you pull back. You'll die if you hesitate."

"From iron cometh strength. From strength cometh will. From will cometh faith. From faith cometh honour. From honour cometh iron." "And may it ever be so"
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:16 am

Had a friend check it. It was indeed in the Necron 3rd ed codex first. The codex has a pub year of 2002 and the novel came out in 2006.
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution

Postby sam vimes » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:12 am

Bugger was hoping Goto had wrote that ty btw

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby Captain of Chickens » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:03 pm

I've been rereading Soul Hunter again and this quote, and the scene it comes from, is so beautifully powerful and poignant.

'The old woman,' Xarl said slowly. 'She was your mother.'
Blogs for the Blog God: http://captainofchickens.com/
Twitters for the Twitter Throne: https://twitter.com/jtparrino
Captain of Chickens

Postby Smackbeth » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:00 pm

Incredibly, impossibly, the warrior remained standing.

'What?' said Ignatius Numen grimly. 'I didnt catch that'

Graham McNeill, Angel Exterminatus.

Just fantastic, hardest I've laughed due to a book for a decade.
Smackbeth

Postby Liliedhe » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:50 pm

"He was Adeptus Astartes and he knew no fear. But he did know horror."

From Death of Antagonis by David Annandale. Poor Volos. *hug*
"You were a warleader, a fighter, when did you gain such illuminating insight into the minds of others?"
"I learned such things as you and your brothers applied brand to my flesh and parted skin with rasp and knife," snarled Astelan. "When your witches tried to prise open my mind they opened me for an instant and I stared back."
Liliedhe

Postby Lord of the Night » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:46 am

Captain of Chickens wrote:I've been rereading Soul Hunter again and this quote, and the scene it comes from, is so beautifully powerful and poignant.

'The old woman,' Xarl said slowly. 'She was your mother.'

That was a brilliant scene. Interesting that we don't get to see Talos's reaction to that bombshell, whether he'd be uncaring or sad while remembering the few good times he and his mother had together.

Best quote of the Night Lords trilogy is this though;

'My name is Decimus. The Prophet of the Eighth Legion.'

I believe I punched the air and cheered when I read that at the end. :D

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby Liliedhe » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:26 am

"You are the Emperor's Monster. And you are necessary." Canoness Setheno to Volos of the Dragon Claws.

"Well? Was I a proper monster?" Volos of the Dragon Claws to Canoness Setheno after bringing the Emperor's retribution to the Heretics.
"You were a warleader, a fighter, when did you gain such illuminating insight into the minds of others?"
"I learned such things as you and your brothers applied brand to my flesh and parted skin with rasp and knife," snarled Astelan. "When your witches tried to prise open my mind they opened me for an instant and I stared back."
Liliedhe

Postby sam vimes » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:38 pm

"You don’t know the things I dream. No one does, no one ever cared enough to find out."

— Primarch Perturabo speaking to Fulgrim

What a novel Angel Exterminatus is :)

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby sam vimes » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:26 am

"Give any man the power of a god, and you better hope he's got the wisdom and morals of a god to match. There's nothing feeble about my moral line. I value life. That is why I fight to protect it. I mourn every man I lose and every sacrifice I make. One life or a billion, they're all lives." - Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt during the assault on Menazoid Epsilon.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby sam vimes » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:14 pm

"Draw me, You can. You are worthy. You are my master. You are as great as Aenarion. Greater. You will succeed where he failed.

The world is dark. For the Elves it is growing darker. Long night and final extinction approach. Together we can save them. Together we can reforge their broken empire and reclaim their lost lands. Nothing can stand against us. Not Men. Not Daemons. Not Dwarfs. Not your dark kindred. Naggaroth will fall. The Empire will fall. The kingdom of the Dwarfs will fall. The world will be ours. It is our destiny. You will be the last of the great Elf heroes and your name will live forever."

the sword's siren song to Tyrion

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Spoiler Zone