Most memorable quotes

For talking openly about the spoilers from Black Library fiction.

Re: Most memorable quotes

Postby Lord of the Night » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:14 pm

"I want the last sight of every Word Bearer to be an Ultramarine."

Badassery.

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby sam vimes » Fri May 03, 2013 1:38 pm

Two from Karl Hoche;

"My lord Duke your promotion is refused!"

"Oswald Murer sends his regards"

And one from The Last Detail:
"What took you so long?"
"Huron-Fal’s systems were on the verge of shutdown ... ‘This death,’ rasped the voder, ‘this death is ours. We choose it. We deny you your victory.’

"Abandon your fear. Look forward. Move forward and never stop. You'll age if you pull back. You'll die if you hesitate."

"From iron cometh strength. From strength cometh will. From will cometh faith. From faith cometh honour. From honour cometh iron." "And may it ever be so"
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby sam vimes » Thu May 09, 2013 11:24 pm

"We are the Red Sorcerers of Prospero, damned in the eyes of our fellows, and this is to be how our story ends, in betrayal and bloodshed. No...you may find it nobler to suffer your fate, but I will take arms against it."
"Huron-Fal’s systems were on the verge of shutdown ... ‘This death,’ rasped the voder, ‘this death is ours. We choose it. We deny you your victory.’

"Abandon your fear. Look forward. Move forward and never stop. You'll age if you pull back. You'll die if you hesitate."

"From iron cometh strength. From strength cometh will. From will cometh faith. From faith cometh honour. From honour cometh iron." "And may it ever be so"
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby Bellarius » Fri May 10, 2013 1:05 am

"We do not know what our chances of survival are, so we fight as if they were zero. We do not know what we are facing, so we fight as if it was the dark gods themselves. No one will remember us now and we may never be buried beneath Titan, so we will build our own memorial here. The Chapter might lose us and the Imperium might never know we existed, but the Enemy - the Enemy will know. The Enemy will remember. We will hurt it so badly that it will never forget us until the stars burn out and the Emperor vanquishes it at the end of time. When Chaos is dying, its last thought will be of us. That is our memorial -carved into the heart of Chaos. We cannot lose, Grey Knights. We have already won."
- Justicar Alaric. Showing the difference between the actual Grey Knights and the bad parodies which have taken their place.
The Good the Bad and the Insulting
Daily thoughts, reviews and news of films, novels video games and tabletop games.
Bellarius

Postby sam vimes » Fri May 10, 2013 1:21 am

Bellarius wrote:"We do not know what our chances of survival are, so we fight as if they were zero. We do not know what we are facing, so we fight as if it was the dark gods themselves. No one will remember us now and we may never be buried beneath Titan, so we will build our own memorial here. The Chapter might lose us and the Imperium might never know we existed, but the Enemy - the Enemy will know. The Enemy will remember. We will hurt it so badly that it will never forget us until the stars burn out and the Emperor vanquishes it at the end of time. When Chaos is dying, its last thought will be of us. That is our memorial -carved into the heart of Chaos. We cannot lose, Grey Knights. We have already won."
- Justicar Alaric. Showing the difference between the actual Grey Knights and the bad parodies which have taken their place.

Quotes like this are why I love ben counters works warts and all "Torvendis has been everything a world can be except dead"

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby sam vimes » Sun May 12, 2013 4:40 pm

"One unbreakable shield against the coming darkness, One last blade forged in defiance of fate, Let them be my legacy to the galaxy I conquered, And my final gift to the species I failed."

Inscription upon the Arcus Daemonica, attributed to the Emperor of Mankind

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby Zkersh. » Tue May 14, 2013 10:02 am

From Fear To Tread

Meros

"I have no wish for death, Meros retorted. Glory,
though....' He grinned. 'In the Angel's name, I'll
take all of that'"

L.O.T.D

" I've found more of your blood, Brother Tiberias,' the Scourge spat,
prompting the veteran to shove the aged Ezrachi aside and scramble,
half blood blind to his feet."

"Come on , meat,' Kersh dared."

Excoriators FTW.
Zkersh.

Postby sam vimes » Thu May 16, 2013 6:30 pm

"Tyrants die alone surrounded by silver tongued leeches"

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby Bellarius » Thu May 16, 2013 10:34 pm

'Excuse me a minute...' He was interrupted by a burst of incoherent screaming which sounded like the warcry of a Khornate fanatic and which terminated abruptly in a thud of a power maul on full charge and a gurgle which sounded distinctly unhealthy. 'Well he's not getting mine... Sorry commissar, where were we?'
- Praetor Kolbe.
Daily thoughts, reviews and news of films, novels video games and tabletop games.
Bellarius

Postby sam vimes » Fri May 17, 2013 12:46 am

Bellarius wrote:'Excuse me a minute...' He was interrupted by a burst of incoherent screaming which sounded like the warcry of a Khornate fanatic and which terminated abruptly in a thud of a power maul on full charge and a gurgle which sounded distinctly unhealthy. 'Well he's not getting mine... Sorry commissar, where were we?'
- Praetor Kolbe.

:mrgreen: gotta love the Cain novels

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby Jaraknarn » Fri May 17, 2013 1:19 pm

Man, listening back through The History of Rome podcast, and he mentioned a quote from the Rome TV serie…

"No one is a Traitor, until they are"
- Titus Pulo

The best.

Susinct and deep.
Jaraknarn

Postby Bellarius » Sun May 19, 2013 5:26 pm

sam vimes wrote::mrgreen: gotta love the Cain novels

Heh, had to write it down. It's a moment which gets overlooked in that book far too often.

Anyway,

"You're much stronger than you think you are. Trust me." - Superman.
Bellarius

Postby sam vimes » Mon May 20, 2013 10:04 am

"The smaller the scorpion the deadlier the sting"

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby sam vimes » Fri May 31, 2013 11:30 am

You had to use the whole Trail. Saint Evisser, the cardinals, every single citizen, you had to move them all into position to beat us. Remember that. You put your plan in motion before the Trail even existed, because you knew it would take nothing less. We made you work, daemon. You feared us so much you had to move star systems to make us dance to your tune.

Justicar Alaric of the Grey Knights

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby Jaraknarn » Fri May 31, 2013 12:45 pm

That's is pretty epiic, I don't think the Grey Knights do "Magnanimous in Defeat".
Jaraknarn

Postby sam vimes » Fri May 31, 2013 2:11 pm

Jaraknarn wrote:That's is pretty epiic, I don't think the Grey Knights do "Magnanimous in Defeat".

No they dont but they do it in a way that doesn't grate on me Ben Counter needs to do more Grey Knights maybe he can make the Dread Knight awesome

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby sam vimes » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:06 pm

From the third Eisenhorn book Hereticus this line from the scene cements for me why Dan Adnett is arguably Bl's best author read the scene and you'll get what I mean:
"What colour is the sky?"

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby Bellarius » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:59 am

sam vimes wrote:From the third Eisenhorn book Hereticus this line from the scene cements for me why Dan Adnett is arguably Bl's best author read the scene and you'll get what I mean:
"What colour is the sky?"

It's been a while since I've read the trilogy, could I ask what part that's from?

Anyway, more Betrayer quotes.

"What would you know of struggle, Perfect Son? When have you fought against the mutilation of your mind? when have you had to do anything more than tally compliances and polish your armour?" [...] "The people of your world named you Great One. The people of mine called me Slave. Which one of us landed on a paradise of civilisation to be raised by a foster father, Roboute? Which one of us was given armies to lead after training in the halls of the Macraggian high-riders? Which one of us inherited a strong, cultured kingdom? And which one of us had to rise up against a kingdom with nothing but a horde of starving slaves? Which one of us was a child enslaved on a world of monsters, with his brain cut up by carving knives? Listen to your blue-clad wretches yelling of courage and honour, courage and honour, courage and honour. Do you even know the meaning of those words? Courage is fighting the kingdom which enslaves you, no matter that their armies outnumber yours by ten-thousand to one. You know nothing of courage. Honour is resisting a tyrant when all others suckle and grow fat on the hypocrisy he feeds them. You know nothing of honour." - Angron, while beating a previously sneering Guilliman sensless.
Bellarius

Postby sam vimes » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:18 am

He's interrogating the verisonne jainsarry prisoner using his psyker skills to pry off the prisoners emplated identity tempted to post the scene in this topic later on tonight after work as its pretty damn good in my view.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby David Earle » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:05 am

I've forgotten, was there a separate thread for "generic" fiction quotes?
Check out my blog!

"David is very very old, but also slow, he creeps up behind you without you noticing and then just as his non-breath fails to be felt against your neck he pounces and gives you an informative post." - schaferwhat‽

Ogunzhar lives!
David Earle

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Spoiler Zone