Most memorable quotes

For talking openly about the spoilers from Black Library fiction.

Re: Most memorable quotes

Postby sam vimes » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:33 am

I haven't read the book this quote is from but I think some heretics are about to die very painfully

“Let us educate the archenemy of mankind,” she said.
“What lesson do we teach?” Gaunt asked.
“The Emperor protects,” she said.
-Saint Sabbat to Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt.
"Huron-Fal’s systems were on the verge of shutdown ... ‘This death,’ rasped the voder, ‘this death is ours. We choose it. We deny you your victory.’

"Abandon your fear. Look forward. Move forward and never stop. You'll age if you pull back. You'll die if you hesitate."

"From iron cometh strength. From strength cometh will. From will cometh faith. From faith cometh honour. From honour cometh iron." "And may it ever be so"
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby sam vimes » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:56 pm

'You do not just kill the Ultramarines Legion
Lorgar’s barbarians would not have risked a fair fight.
They would have gathered every advantage that surprise, decit and entrapment could offer. They would have wanted to blitz and kill their enemy.
But the Word Bearers did not make the clean kill they intended. They fumbled it or they under estimated the effort requied. They made a bloody mess, and left wounded foe that could still move and fight; a wounded mangled foe that was fuelled by pain and hatred and vengeance, and by the bright shock of moral outrage.
Always make sure your enemy is dead.
If you must fight an Ultramarine, pray you kill him. If he is still alive then YOU are dead.'
"Huron-Fal’s systems were on the verge of shutdown ... ‘This death,’ rasped the voder, ‘this death is ours. We choose it. We deny you your victory.’

"Abandon your fear. Look forward. Move forward and never stop. You'll age if you pull back. You'll die if you hesitate."

"From iron cometh strength. From strength cometh will. From will cometh faith. From faith cometh honour. From honour cometh iron." "And may it ever be so"
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby sam vimes » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:16 am

'How's that hunters eye, Rassuah?'
'I have him, say the word'
'Just take the damn shot.' said Loken

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby sam vimes » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:34 am

I read Dragonage masked empire a few days ago and this made me laugh quite a bit

'Oh good were showing off estoeric magical, talents can I go next?'
few paragrahs of good writing followed by some dialogue dripping in sarcasm that made me laugh out loud:
'An enhanced dispelling, which can provide a nasty backlash on anyone surrounding herself with to much ambient magic, and If I could please ask all the mages present to avoid any more big flashy magic in the room with the very thin Veil, lest something decide to come through?

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby sam vimes » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:56 pm

"It's too late... the Wolf is at the door and it hungers for blood. Oh, Throne... no, the blood! The Ravens, I see them too. The lost sons and a Raven of blood. They cry out for salvation and knowledge, but it is denied!"

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby sam vimes » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:58 pm

'The smallest most ephemeral spark can grow to burn like a mighty sun. It requires naught but the right kind of fuel. Snagrod gave us all the fuel we needed.'

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby Xisor » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:37 pm

Fist of Demetrius

SPOILERS

"There has been an age of chaos," said Macharius. "It must be seen to be ended."

Grimfang nodded. His head was tilted to one side in contemplation. "And it will be," said Grimfang. "I will send a company of Wolves to watch over you. Logan Grimnar will act as liaison. He is young and needs seasoning."
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Lord of the Night » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:41 pm

Xisor wrote:Fist of Demetrius
"Logan Grimnar will act as liaison. He is young and needs seasoning."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn9ttjpcjnM

Hehe, yeah that ain't happening. Ever.

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby sam vimes » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:59 pm

"but suppose you throw a coin enough times, suppose one day it lands on its edge?"

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby Xisor » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:29 pm

"They called it a Nocturnal Warrior of Hrud," said Roboute.

-Gods of Mars
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby sam vimes » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:31 pm

From the castellean of the fortress of Hera:

“When you have come to the edge of all that you know and are about to drop off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing that one of two things will happen,’ the Warmaster had told him.
‘And what are they?’ he had asked.
‘That there will be something solid to stand on or you’ll be taught to fly,’ laughed Horus as he jumped.”
― Graham McNeill, False Gods

“He (the Emperor) once said of ancient Earth that there were torches, who were the teachers, but also extinguishers, who were the priests.”

“I know, but it is a pleasant fiction, my dear, and the sheer impossibility of a quest is no reason to abandon it.”

“A world of death is a world of stagnation, without the change that makes it worthwhile. What you call uncertainty, I call life itself.”
― Graham McNeill, God King

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby sam vimes » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:26 pm

"My experience in Amsterdam is that cyclists ride where the hell they like and aim in a state of rage at all pedestrians while ringing their bell loudly, the concept of avoiding people being foreign to them.
My dream holiday would be a) a ticket to Amsterdam b) immunity from prosecution and c) a baseball bat."
— Terry Pratchett

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby sam vimes » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:12 pm

Alone I am in hell with a bad haircut

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby Xisor » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:10 am

Shield of Baal: Devourer

"To those who have turned their faces away. To those who are faithless and wretched in their jealousies.

"To those who have denied us. To those who have denied me. I will wreak vengeance. I will wrench your souls and break your bones. I will cast hunger through your accursed existence. Down the eons, you will not forget. I will grant you this gift from love turned aside and make you like me, break you in my image as you have broken me. I shall cast the fear of myself into you and all your kind. I am Llandu'gor. I am hunger. I am the flayer, and from this moment on, you shall be too."
Last edited by Xisor on Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Fenris » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:41 pm

‘Thank the gods for their ignorance. For if the prayers of mortals were universally answered, there would be naught left living, since all pray for an end one to the other.’

– Ignatz van Offen, Offered Truths

Archaon:Lord of chaos
Thrusting his thunder hammer into the sky, he shouted—so that all could hear "Primarch.Progenitor, to your glory!"
"And to the glory of Him on Earth!" his brothers bellowed in response
-
A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked
Fenris

Postby Major Rawne » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:25 pm

"Did. You. Kidnap. My. Poet?"

Gotrek in Gotrek & Felix: The Serpent Queen
Major Rawne

Postby Xisor » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:10 pm

"A soul-scarring sense of betrayal so powerful that it had sent Archaon into the service of Dark Gods. In serving himself, he would destroy the cold majesty of all those foolish enough to call themselves god."

- Rob Sanders' Archaon: Lord of Chaos
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Fenris » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:29 pm

Mortals are free to do as they will.The gods give them no choice

-Archaon:LoC
Thrusting his thunder hammer into the sky, he shouted—so that all could hear "Primarch.Progenitor, to your glory!"
-
A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked
Fenris

Postby Xisor » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:37 pm

"The world would burn and it would be Archaon - the once good man, Diederick Kastner - who would strike the spark."
-Rob in Archaon: Lord of Chaos
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Fenris » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:44 am

"I want you to know - Katafalque told him - that regardless of your officious truths or her convenient lies, it is you that has acted inappropriately here today. The Legio Custodes, the Silent Sisterhood - you put yourselves between the Emperor and his enemies.
I guarantee that a day will come when you're going to wish that the wall between the Emperor and his enemies is taller and thicker than it is. When that day comes, you will understand how pointless, and indeed reckless, this has all been."

From Hands of the Emperor
-
Fenris

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Spoiler Zone