Most memorable quotes

For talking openly about the spoilers from Black Library fiction.

Re: Most memorable quotes

Postby sam vimes » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:24 pm

Well to be fair what do they expect from him when a chap turns 500 worlds into what amounts to the future imperuim (almost) he's going to be bloody good at looking ahead and planning for it and taking said action:

"It's Guilliman, what do you think he's doing? He's building an Empire" - Malcador
"Huron-Fal’s systems were on the verge of shutdown ... ‘This death,’ rasped the voder, ‘this death is ours. We choose it. We deny you your victory.’

"Abandon your fear. Look forward. Move forward and never stop. You'll age if you pull back. You'll die if you hesitate."

"From iron cometh strength. From strength cometh will. From will cometh faith. From faith cometh honour. From honour cometh iron." "And may it ever be so"
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby sam vimes » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:27 pm

How true when you think about it
"The correct religion is the one that is ruthless enough to wipe out the others, or has the support of the state"
"Huron-Fal’s systems were on the verge of shutdown ... ‘This death,’ rasped the voder, ‘this death is ours. We choose it. We deny you your victory.’

"Abandon your fear. Look forward. Move forward and never stop. You'll age if you pull back. You'll die if you hesitate."

"From iron cometh strength. From strength cometh will. From will cometh faith. From faith cometh honour. From honour cometh iron." "And may it ever be so"
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby raziriel snowmane » Fri May 22, 2015 4:11 am

Theoderic Guasser Elector count of Nordland: "Here me well, Preceptor Helborg. You may well be ordained to become the captain of your order, you may be a favourite of your Emperor; he may even make you Reiksmarshal one day. But until that day, you do not tell me me how to command an army of Nordland on Nordland soil."

Kurt Helborg "He is your Emperor as well, my lord,"

Theoderic: "Karl Franz is a pup, Elected no more than one month, he brings his cannon and his mages to save us all from these raiders. He picks his battle, burns their ships and turns the sea to blood. And then no sooner does the tide go out, than he takes his toys and his mages back to Altdorf to garner his laurels and enjoy his triumph. And while he has gone home, I am still here to finish what he started. He is my Emperor, yes, but how long he will last we shall see. The men of Nordland have been fighting this war long before the Reikland princes took the throne, and we will be fighting here still, long after it slips through their fingers,"

Kurt Helborg "You will never speak of the Emperor in that manner again,"

Theoderic: "Or what?"

Kurt Helborg "I do not say what will happen; I only say that you will never speak of the Emperor in that way again."

Theoderic "Just be ready Reiklander, if you are called."

From Reiksguard, my favorite WFB novel
raziriel snowmane

Postby Mossy Toes » Fri May 22, 2015 11:39 am

sam vimes wrote:How true when you think about it
"The correct religion is the one that is ruthless enough to wipe out the others, or has the support of the state"

As I've dared to quote on the "what are you reading" thread recently:

"Who do you think invented religion? Tax collectors!"

"I thought religion was invented by the arbitrary hierarchy obsessed with control and power to justify their elite eminence over their enslaved subjects."

"Same people, Ackle."

(The Wurms of Blearmouth, Steven Erikson)

(& out of recognition to the faithful, humble, and altogether wholly respectable tendencies of JDD, I have to acknowledge: #notallreligions)
What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator!
Mossy Toes

Postby Fenris » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:59 pm

‘Why have you come, Drakan?’ asked Lansung. ‘Surely not to kill me, or you’d have chosen a less public moment.’
‘Oh, you don’t realise how good I am at my work, my lord,’ Vangorich replied.

The master of the assassinorum to the lord commander of the Navy,in front of a few thousand people :lol:

From I am slaughter
Thrusting his thunder hammer into the sky, he shouted—so that all could hear "Primarch.Progenitor, to your glory!"
"And to the glory of Him on Earth!" his brothers bellowed in response
-
A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked
Fenris

Postby Major Rawne » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:41 pm

Fenris wrote:
‘Why have you come, Drakan?’ asked Lansung. ‘Surely not to kill me, or you’d have chosen a less public moment.’
‘Oh, you don’t realise how good I am at my work, my lord,’ Vangorich replied.

The master of the assassinorum to the lord commander of the Navy,in front of a few thousand people :lol:

From I am slaughter

Cracking moment.

I actually loved this line from moments later.

"Very simple, my lord," said Vaingorich. "You may not want me as an ally. But you definitely do not want me as an enemy."

And there's a good few more lines like that from him which are pretty brilliant.
Major Rawne

Postby Lord of the Night » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:52 pm

From Pharos;

What will happen when they reach the maximum?’ said Corvo.
‘As my tutors on Mars would say, captain, the Omnissiah acts mysteriously. The ways of the motive force may be understood, from positive to negative and on through the circuit. That which guides it may not.’
‘You do not know.’
‘No. That is what they generally meant when they said that.’

The Mechanicus doesn't like saying "I have no freaking clue."

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby sam vimes » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:32 pm

"Luckily for you I do not equate justice with torture so I promise you this will be swift."

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby David Earle » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:38 pm

"It is the burden of those who share my mindset. Talkers talk, and they do not understand those who do not feel the need to speak. To sidestep their concern, we are forced to perform against our inclination, engaging in pointless discourse, while they prattle on and do not listen to what we have to say anyway." - Captain Corvo, Ultramarines Legion
Check out my blog!

"David is very very old, but also slow, he creeps up behind you without you noticing and then just as his non-breath fails to be felt against your neck he pounces and gives you an informative post." - schaferwhat‽

Ogunzhar lives!
David Earle

Postby Xisor » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:57 pm

The Unforgiven

'Context is paramount, ' said the Master of Repentance.

'And we must create the correct context for the other Masters of the Hidden Chamber.'

'The Masters of the...' Asmodai looked around the room. 'You have named our little cabal?'

'It seemed appropriate.' Sapphon shrugged. 'Do you have a better suggestion? The Innermost Circle, perhaps? The Hub?'

'You busy yourself with strange thoughts at times, Sapphon. I do not envy you the machinations of your fertile brain. If you wish to call our grouping the Masters of the Hidden Chamber, that is your business. I will trouble myself with greater matters, such as how we are going to convince our brothers to crept an expedition to Perditus.'

'That will be my concern, brother, I will assemble the Hidden Masters.'

'I prefer that. It is shorter.'

'Then we have accord.'
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Fenris » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:14 pm

‘Such devotion. Perhaps the Emperor is a god, after all, if He can inspire sane men to worship Him so,’ said Kalkator.

‘Embrace this truth, and your soul will be saved!’ said Magneric eagerly.

Kalkator laughed. Before he left the roof to join his warriors aboard their craft, he shouted down to Magneric. ‘I am not going to convert to your pathetic creed, Magneric. For if I cannot trust a man who lies, I trust a god who does so even less.’

Warsmith Kalkator of the Iron warriors to Dreadnought-marshal Magneric of the Black templars.From Throneworld
Thrusting his thunder hammer into the sky, he shouted—so that all could hear "Primarch.Progenitor, to your glory!"
"And to the glory of Him on Earth!" his brothers bellowed in response
-
A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked
Fenris

Postby David Earle » Wed May 04, 2016 2:29 pm

"I keep trying to tell you, attacking me now is useless! I'm nothing but a mirage! Attack the clam first! I told you, the clam's creating the mirage! Oh, COME ON! I've told you! I've told you already! That clam is a mirage too, you idiots! Aim for the real one, GODDAMMIT!!!" - The Second Mizukage, from Naruto, trying his damnedest to lose a fight.
Check out my blog!

"David is very very old, but also slow, he creeps up behind you without you noticing and then just as his non-breath fails to be felt against your neck he pounces and gives you an informative post." - schaferwhat‽

Ogunzhar lives!
David Earle

Postby sam vimes » Thu May 05, 2016 10:41 am

"In darkness I shall be light"
"In times of doubt I shall keep faith"
"In throes of rage I shall hone my craft"
"In vengance I shall have no mercy"
"In the midst of battle I shall have no fear"
"In the face of death I shall have no remorse"

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby Xisor » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:32 pm

Path of Heaven

--------

'And so the Khan's most lasting memory of his gene-sire - more profound than the great displays of power on Ullanor, more lasting even than the first, glorious descent to the plains of Chogoris - was of a very human awkwardness.'
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Xisor » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:39 pm

More Path of Heaven

-------

'The throne was the machine, the machine was the throne. It had never been made for mortals.'
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby sam vimes » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:31 pm

“Unanswered vox hails requested medical aid and supply, but the line of Astartes at the top of the north ridge was grimly silent as the exhausted warriors of the Raven Guard and Salamanders came to within a hundred metres of their allies. A lone flare shot skyward from inside the black fortress where Horus had made his lair, exploding in a hellish red glow that lit the battlefield below like a madman’s vision of the end of the world. And the fire of betrayal roared from the barrels of a thousand guns.”
― Graham McNeill

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby Xisor » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:56 am

Genestealer Cults this time:

Spoiler: 'With a smile, Matias coaxed the ship away from the daemon-haunted world, steering his precious cargo towards saner stars.'

xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Lord of the Night » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:30 pm

Even after 10,000 years asleep, Guilliman still owns the one-liners.

"I have slain many like you," said Guilliman.
"There are none like me," said Qaramar.
"There are none like me either."

"At the end of time, I hold all the dead in me, and so none are mightier than I."
"This is not the end of time," said Guilliman.

"I cannot be killed! I am death!" cried the Daemon.
"There are many that claim that name," said Guilliman. "I have killed them all."

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby Lord of the Night » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:10 pm

From Black Legion;

"You will die as your weakling father died. Soulless. Honourless. Weeping. Ashamed." -

Spoiler: The last words of Sigismund, the Black Knight, to Abaddon the Despoiler.

LotN
Lord of the Night

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Spoiler Zone