HH : Betrayal

For talking openly about the spoilers from Black Library fiction.

Re: HH : Betrayal

Postby J.Blaze » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:39 pm

A very evil and vile Batman, actually a better version of Batman atleast Night Haunter has the cohonies to kill everything in sight!

Just read Prince of Crows now I've got a grudge against my friend's Dark Angels... :evil:
J.Blaze

Postby You Naughty Monsters » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:14 pm

sam vimes wrote:
J.Blaze wrote:My whole life is devoted to 40K in my free time. I've always seen the bright side of paying GW prices until Forgeworld released that book... As it is I can see myself never buying any of these books but possibly the Primarch models (I believe the Primarch models are worth £70...) I want ickle Night Haunter! :lol:

Dont you mean batman? lol

Curze isn't really Batman at all. The inspiration comes from Colonel Kurtz (Joesph Conrad/ Apoc Now fame)
You Naughty Monsters

Postby sam vimes » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:12 pm

You Naughty Monsters wrote:
sam vimes wrote:
J.Blaze wrote:My whole life is devoted to 40K in my free time. I've always seen the bright side of paying GW prices until Forgeworld released that book... As it is I can see myself never buying any of these books but possibly the Primarch models (I believe the Primarch models are worth £70...) I want ickle Night Haunter! :lol:

Dont you mean batman? lol

Curze isn't really Batman at all. The inspiration comes from Colonel Kurtz (Joesph Conrad/ Apoc Now fame)

his back story is similar to bat mans
"Huron-Fal’s systems were on the verge of shutdown ... ‘This death,’ rasped the voder, ‘this death is ours. We choose it. We deny you your victory.’

"Abandon your fear. Look forward. Move forward and never stop. You'll age if you pull back. You'll die if you hesitate."

"From iron cometh strength. From strength cometh will. From will cometh faith. From faith cometh honour. From honour cometh iron." "And may it ever be so"
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby LordLucan » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:11 pm

The whole point of batman is he doesn't kill. Night haunter is more like the punisher mixed with Colonel Kurtz (kurtz/Kurze sound similar, and he was killed by M'Shen, whose name is similar to the name oft he actor playing Kurtz's eventual killer) and the Crow (see his spectacular entrance in the flashback memory Sevetar witnesses in Prince of crows).

The Night Haunter being a monstrous vigilante doesn't really make him like batman. Batman has no desire to rule Gotham, fights crime utilising his knowledge and his priviledged position within society, while Night haunter ripped his way into Nostroman society from the bottom up. Night haunter has a brutal childhood full of violence and pain, surrounded by criminals and monsters, who he overcomes and eventually rules over.

To be honest with you, Night haunter isn't Batman. He's Bane. ;)
Check out my debut fantasy novel from Fox Spirit Books, The Hobgoblin's Herald (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hobgoblins-Herald-R-Aston/dp/1910462047). If you've read it, please rate and review it on amazon; I'd be eternally grateful. The sequel, Eater of Names, is out in 2018, so watch this space.
LordLucan

Postby Liliedhe » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:28 pm

He is a mixture of any number of similar characters with comparable motives - yeah, the Crow is a new addition, that scene amused me to no end. You could also compare him to Rorschach, for example.
"You were a warleader, a fighter, when did you gain such illuminating insight into the minds of others?"
"I learned such things as you and your brothers applied brand to my flesh and parted skin with rasp and knife," snarled Astelan. "When your witches tried to prise open my mind they opened me for an instant and I stared back."
Liliedhe

Postby sam vimes » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:32 pm

fine I give in lol but I still say he's bat man :p
"Huron-Fal’s systems were on the verge of shutdown ... ‘This death,’ rasped the voder, ‘this death is ours. We choose it. We deny you your victory.’

"Abandon your fear. Look forward. Move forward and never stop. You'll age if you pull back. You'll die if you hesitate."

"From iron cometh strength. From strength cometh will. From will cometh faith. From faith cometh honour. From honour cometh iron." "And may it ever be so"
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby Liliedhe » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:14 pm

Hm, is there anything new about Fulgrim growing up on Chemos or his first meeting with the Big E?
"You were a warleader, a fighter, when did you gain such illuminating insight into the minds of others?"
"I learned such things as you and your brothers applied brand to my flesh and parted skin with rasp and knife," snarled Astelan. "When your witches tried to prise open my mind they opened me for an instant and I stared back."
Liliedhe

Postby LordLucan » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:04 am

sam vimes wrote:fine I give in lol but I still say he's bat man :p

But his story has never been like batman's! Unless we're counting 'any gothic vigilante' to be like batman. :lol:

Lil: Yeah, those fit too as similar archtypes.
Check out my debut fantasy novel from Fox Spirit Books, The Hobgoblin's Herald (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hobgoblins-Herald-R-Aston/dp/1910462047). If you've read it, please rate and review it on amazon; I'd be eternally grateful. The sequel, Eater of Names, is out in 2018, so watch this space.
LordLucan

Postby Phoebus » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:50 pm

LordLucan wrote:To be honest with you, Night haunter isn't Batman. He's Bane. ;)

That's a far better comparison than Batman. Obviously it's not (and never was intended to be) a direct comparison, but on a moral scale and in terms of tactics, the Night Haunter is absolutely closer to Bane than the Batman.
"And where is the prince who can afford so to cover his country with troops for its defense as that ten thousand men descending from the clouds might not in many places do an infinite deal of mischief before a force could be brought together to repel them?"
-- Benjamin Franklin
Phoebus

Postby flick » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:35 am

I'd advise everyone to get this book, maybe for Christmas or an upcoming birthday. I know it's over-priced, but it's the best thing lore-wise I've read since forever. You find out how the Lunar Wolves go their name, how exactly did one Ork nearly throttle the emperor to death, why it was nature rather than nurture that formed the primrachs/Legion tactics and character.
flick

Postby Athelassan » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:01 am

I do really really really want this book. Unfortunately it's just so far out of my price range right now. Everything FW produce is so lovely... :cry:

Ath
Athelassan

Postby flick » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:39 am

Anyone else sold a cousin to get this book?
flick

Postby Xisor » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:44 am

flick wrote:Anyone else sold a cousin to get this book?

My cousin's not long had a child. If I could persuade her to use that first-born as collateral for me...
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby flick » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:12 am

I'd imagine there could be over ten of these bad-boys in the future! I also heard a rumour that the next one will be about the Prospero campaign..anyone else heard that rumour?
flick

Postby Words_of_Truth » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:39 am

The next one has already been announced, it's called Massacre and has the Iron Hands, Salamanders, Word Bearers and Night Lords (I think on that last one, it definitely one of the other legions who turn traitor at that point)
Words_of_Truth

Postby Liliedhe » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:51 am

Awesome stuff is awesome. :mrgreen:
Liliedhe

Postby Flashgordon » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:17 pm

Hey! Spoil me everything! (im not going to buy the book anyway)
Flashgordon

Postby flick » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:43 pm

Words_of_Truth wrote:The next one has already been announced, it's called Massacre and has the Iron Hands, Salamanders, Word Bearers and Night Lords (I think on that last one, it definitely one of the other legions who turn traitor at that point)

If they use the same amount of detail describing the four new legions, as they did in the previous book's three, then it'll be HUGE. :shock:

A minor disappointment that the Iron-Warriors won't be detailed in the new book, but I'll be fascinated to see how the Pre-Primarch Night Lords look(ed) and if they had a earlier name.
flick

Postby Therion » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:52 pm

Was thinking about getting the book when I'll get paid next month, but watched a youtube review and half of the book is game rules :( .

Judging by the cost of army list books, basically I'd be paying extra 32GBP for stuff I don't want or need, so I'll have resign from that plan :( .

I wish they'd publish fluff books for BL fans just as they published separate army lists.

(Also, what? FW killed the Imperial Armour series D: ?)
"There can be no bystanders in the battle for survival. Anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush" -Scriptorus Munificantus
Therion

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Spoiler Zone