Tide of Damnation

For convenient but separate story advertisement, planning and discussion threads.

Re: Tide of Damnation

Postby Rhamah » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:03 pm

Ghurlag wrote:Aha! To begin the questioning: are the named planets in the same system, or do they have their own systems? It seems to be a bit of both in your initial post. Essentially what I want to find out is if we're planning to use the initial history scrap I drew up or not - I'm happy either way, I just want to be clear.

It's a single system, occupied with the named planets. My sincerest apologies for my lack of clarity. Your initial scrap works, if ammended to a single world.
The Tyrant Reborn.
Maugan Ra wrote:It is not wise to antagonise Rhamah, unless you're planning to leave the country in the near future. Via catapult.

The Ordo Off-Topicus, back from the dead!
Rhamah

Postby Commander Shadow » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:42 am

right so posting order, who's up next?

ah that would be me would it?

I'll get it written up!
- And there arose from the abyss a terrible beast and the armies of man were laid low by the walls of the ancient city. The ground shook and the skies trembled and all knew as the beast had come forth and that the end of time was upon them.

"Shadow is always right, except when he tries to save his men from charging orks" - Ang
Commander Shadow

Postby King Theasion » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:30 pm

Appologies for my prolonged absence folks. My fieldschool was much more tiring than I originally thought it'd be.
King Theasion

Postby Maugan Ra » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:46 pm

*frowns, brandishes the stick of motivation*
Maugan, your slow descent into madness is starting to look more like a BASE jump...
- Rahvin

The 210th Cadian - Tanks, heavy weapons, and an ongoing hatred of Land Raiders.
W: 41
D: 6
L: 14
Maugan Ra

Postby Commander Shadow » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:27 am

*notices the stick... bends head as if fervently working*

but in all seriousness, I'll work it out soon. sorry for the dellay. Summer swim season keeps me out of the house till about 9 pm
- And there arose from the abyss a terrible beast and the armies of man were laid low by the walls of the ancient city. The ground shook and the skies trembled and all knew as the beast had come forth and that the end of time was upon them.

"Shadow is always right, except when he tries to save his men from charging orks" - Ang
Commander Shadow

Postby Commander Shadow » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:23 pm

hey guys, i'm really sorry but i think im going to have to drop out. do what you will with LeVan.

i don't have the time to commit this summer to a ton of fan fic/group stories and i don't want to hold up the "line" or keep saying i'll write something.

Commander Shadow

Postby Rhamah » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:56 pm

Fair enough, shadow. Summer, despite the promises of freedom, does usually keep people busy.

Step up the firing line, Trooper Ghurlag!

*waves chainsword about in an attempt at being threatening*
The Tyrant Reborn.
Maugan Ra wrote:It is not wise to antagonise Rhamah, unless you're planning to leave the country in the near future. Via catapult.

Rhamah

Postby Maugan Ra » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:20 pm

[scribbled this down under the influence of my muse, which is officially an insistent bitch]

By the time the first actual reports of the fighting at Olynthus reached the Hartokii, the legions were already en route to their destination. Aboard the Mass Transit Carrier Pride of Elgin, Seras Winter sat in her throne and stared at the holographic projection in front of her, eyes hard.

“The Orks have come in significant numbers, it appears.” She mused quietly to herself, involuntarily clenching her slender hands into fists as she watched the swarms of dark red contact icons multiple and spread across the system. Never had she seen so many xenos in one place, and she felt her heart thundering at the mere thought of them.... endless hordes of green flesh despoiling the Emperor's lands with their filthy presence, vandalising everything they touched.

From the shadows behind her throne, Lord-Commissar Xephos listened intently, one gloved hand resting lightly on the butt of his pistol. “Is that fear I hear in your voice, Lady-General?” he asked coldly, hawk-like face set in a firmly impassive mask. All around the chamber, the dozens of tactical staff in their deep green uniforms paused in whatever they were doing, many of them turning to shoot hard looks at the political officer. Xephos and his ilk were not well-liked, and no matter what the Munitorum decreed that legions saw their appointment to Hartokki units as a deliberate slur on their honour.

Winter, for her part, didn't even deign to look at the off-worlder as she replied. “Anticipation, Commissar. Not fear. Never fear.”She corrected calmly. “I have two entire legions of Hartok's finest at my command, and the wrath of the Emperor in my heart. With such strength, what have I to fear from a horde of alien scum?” She crossed her arms under her breasts as she studied the way the hostile markers spread across the surface of Olynthus Prime, setting the long row of glittering medals clinking softly.

“All the same, I cannot deny the Ork strength is far greater than I had anticipated. Two million soldiers, no matter how valiant, will not be enough to win this war for us.” She shot a glance at the nearest of the tactical officers. “Send word back to Hartok. I want every active legion we have mustered and underway as soon as humanly possible.”

The officer paled slightly. “All of them, Madam General? We have not committed so many to the field in over a millennia...”

“And Olynthus has not known a threat such as this since the God-Emperor himself walked among us. If we win here, against such danger, our names will live forever. So yes, Tactician, all of them.”

The officer executed a polite bow, then turned and practically sprinted from the chamber. With a smile, Winter turned back to the rest of the cadre. “So, gentlemen. Give me your assessment.”

They looked at each-other for a long moment, then one with eyes like sapphires took a half-step forwards. “The primary theatre looks to be the capital world, Olynthus Prime. Judging from reports, approximately a full quarter of the invading force has made planet-fall there, and past analysis of greenskin tactical doctrine, such at it is, suggests that the enemy command will be located there.”

A second tactical officer tapped a few keys on his control panel, and the holographic display shimmered momentarily before focussing on the capital world. “With the agricultural facilities of Haven destroyed, presumably by sabotage, the capital will likely have depleted its food stocks within a month. Official figures suggest that the population can survive through rationing and shipments from other worlds until new supply lines can be opened up, but there is likely to be some unrest all the same.”

Seras frowned slightly at the euphemistic wording. She'd seen the results of planetary food shortages on hive worlds before.... unrest was putting it extremely mildly. She made a mental note to instruct the regimental commanders to post watches on their stores during operational deployments. The soldiers wouldn't like it – guarding food wasn't especially glorious – but she wagered that they'd like starvation even less.

“Secondary forces have deployed throughout most of the system.” the tactical officer continued, consulting a data-slate, “Reports indicate they are spread fairly evenly, which is somewhat unusual, given that all previous data suggests that such a simultaneous strike should be beyond the Orkish capacity.”

[will continue later]
Maugan, your slow descent into madness is starting to look more like a BASE jump...
- Rahvin

The 210th Cadian - Tanks, heavy weapons, and an ongoing hatred of Land Raiders.
W: 41
D: 6
L: 14
Maugan Ra

Postby Ghurlag » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:20 pm

Notice received! Expect something by tomorrow or the day following at the latest.

EDIT: Somewhat beat myself to it. Post is up, feedback welcomed, especially the kind which points out my many horrible blunders. Gotta catch 'em all, folks.

As the misty veil of Albion is cast aside, we turn our gaze to the war-torn island of Albany, where the Red King vies with his former master for the control of a realm in dire threat.
Ghurlag

Postby Rhamah » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:56 pm

Top work, Herr Ghurlag.

Lord General Lucan, you may advance.
The Tyrant Reborn.

Rhamah

Postby Ghurlag » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:13 pm

*Coughs at LL*

As the misty veil of Albion is cast aside, we turn our gaze to the war-torn island of Albany, where the Red King vies with his former master for the control of a realm in dire threat.
Ghurlag

Postby LordLucan » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:46 pm

Sorry. I had an unexpected full time summer job offer and I have been behind on all my story-writing duties. I will try to get my part up soon, but free time to write has been scarce of late.

Again, really sorry. Just skip me for now, and I can do two updates when my turn comes back around. My part can easily be inserted into the story at this point, as Slithizzir is still in the background of events.
Check out my debut fantasy novel from Fox Spirit Books, The Hobgoblin's Herald (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hobgoblins-Herald-R-Aston/dp/1910462047). If you've read it, please rate and review it on amazon; I'd be eternally grateful. The sequel, Eater of Names, is out in 2018, so watch this space.
LordLucan

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Planning and Discussion Threads