Hated Saviours project.

For convenient but separate story advertisement, planning and discussion threads.

Re: Hated Saviours project.

Postby Colonel Mustard » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:14 pm

*Realises he has just out-cooled Graham McNeill*

Hey, cool! ;)
Colonel Mustard

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:44 pm

Colonel Mustard wrote:*Realises he has just out-cooled Graham McNeill*

Hey, cool! ;)

You just might have :D
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution

Postby Xisor » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:12 pm

shadowhawk2008 wrote:As posted in my thread in the BL Announcements sub-forum, we shall be getting some Knights action from Graham McNeill sometime in the future. Apparently in a duology themed to be "Priests of Mars".

Trilogy.

Also, like Maugan Ra, I should really check this section more often.

I have a vague idea for a character and a short or three to shoehorn him in with. Yes, a fine bit of shoehorning indeed...
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Gaius Marius » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:09 am

That is awesome Mustard!
Space Cowboy, Spartan II, Specter, Reclusiarch

'I see the fear you have inside.'
Gaius Marius

Postby Bloodhawk 248 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:18 am

Is it going to look something like this?

http://z15.invisionfree.com/The_Great_C ... 4095&st=20

Very nice Knight this guy has, but I want to know if the Baby's gonna look anything like it.
Bloodhawk 248

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:52 am

Xisor wrote:Trilogy.

Also, like Maugan Ra, I should really check this section more often.

I have a vague idea for a character and a short or three to shoehorn him in with. Yes, a fine bit of shoehorning indeed...

Graham said duology on his blog.
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution

Postby Xisor » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:29 pm

Well blimey, you're right! That's surprising, I'm sure he'd said trilogy before. Ah well.
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby LordLucan » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:59 am

I have every confidence in xisor's ability to create a bizarre outsider character of stupendous strangeness and awe-inspiring... stuff.

Vir commen aboard xizor!
Check out my debut fantasy novel from Fox Spirit Books, The Hobgoblin's Herald (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hobgoblins-Herald-R-Aston/dp/1910462047). If you've read it, please rate and review it on amazon; I'd be eternally grateful. The sequel, Eater of Names, is out in 2018, so watch this space.
LordLucan

Postby Kentigern » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:16 pm

Howdy folks. Really love the concept of the thread, great spin from the norm.

Not sure if you are still accepting applications/ideas, but thought I would stick this one up anyway - feel free to discount/ridicule/steal as you see fit.

Maxima Maximus

“Fear me Traitor scum, for I am the God-Emperor’s judgement, his wrath made flesh. I am Astartes. And I am your death”.

For a second there was silence in the room, before the Chaos Marine s burst into fits of laughter at the scrawny human in front of them. Five and a half feet tall, he was wearing carapace armour, painted blue with crude representations of a dozen loyalist Chapter symbols scrawled across its surface. He held a lasgun in his hand, the stock battered and the barrel lazily squinting off centre.

Kharaz the Merciless, Chosen of Khorne, towered above the pitiful man. “You are a funny worm with your insolent insanity. For that I shall make your death quick”.

The man pulled himself to his full height, waving the lasgun in front of him. “I am Maxima Maximus of the Dark UltraBloodWolves and my holy bolter shall be your end”.

As he gesticulated wildly at the end of his speech, Maxima’s lasgun went off, the weak shot firing away from the hulking Chaos Marine in front of it. It reflected from a mirror panel on the wall of the room, bouncing at exactly the precise angle to find the miniscule chink in Kharaz’s armour from his previous battle. The shot triggered a nervous spasm by the Bezerker, his finger depressing the trigger of his ornate plasma pistol.

A searing hot ball of energy engulfed the Bezerker next to him, melting half of his body in its intensity and sparking off the krak grenades on his belt. The close confines of the corridor magnified the blast, tearing apart the remaining two Marines.

With a howl of agony, the melted Bezerker’s power sword fell from his hand, bouncing off the floor and impaling Kharaz’s through the forehead.

Silence fell, the four Bezerkers dead in the room.

Maxima Maximus smiled. “Such is the fate of traitors,” he intoned to the lifeless corpses, “for I am an Angel of Death”.

---------------------------

Maxima Maximus is a Space Marine.

Except he isn’t.

In reality he was a lowly Imperial Guardsman, whose real identity has been long forgotten. During some traumatic episode in his past (origin story called for me thinks!) he underwent a degree of identity reassignment, believing himself to be a towering superhuman of prodigious strength, ability and combat prowess. Unfortunately he is actually a scrawny man in cheap armour he has painted himself, carrying a virtually useless lasgun.

He is shunned by Imperial society, at best seen as crazy, at worst his imitation seen as heretical. However, there is a very strange fact about Maxima. He tends to succeed. Throwing himself into situations which a real Space Marine would struggle to survive, he somehow ends up coming through it, triumphing over impossible odds. There appears to be a presence watching over him and using him in mysterious ways, making him of great interest to the Watchman.
Good guys go to heaven.

Bad guys send them there.
Kentigern

Postby Bloodhawk 248 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:44 pm

That's...interesting. Hmm...

Looks like you've got a viable character there, but the very fact of his doing things he shouldn't be able to makes him a bit of an anomaly. Not sure if the Watchman'll take a risk like that.

Good stuff, though.

EDIT: Also, why would he join them? He thinks he's a space marine. He wouldn't join with a Tyranid, an Eldar, a renegade assassin, a tau, and a mutant.
Last edited by Bloodhawk 248 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bloodhawk 248

Postby Chaplain Reinhardt » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:41 am

I would like to get on bored but have no ideas for a character. Seems like this is taking its time getting off the ground so I will take that time to come up with something.
Some may question your right to destroy 10 billion people, those who understand know you have no right to let them live.
Chaplain Reinhardt

Postby LordLucan » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:41 pm

Taking its time? There's about half a dozen or more Hated Saviours stories on this site already! :P
Check out my debut fantasy novel from Fox Spirit Books, The Hobgoblin's Herald (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hobgoblins-Herald-R-Aston/dp/1910462047). If you've read it, please rate and review it on amazon; I'd be eternally grateful. The sequel, Eater of Names, is out in 2018, so watch this space.
LordLucan

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Planning and Discussion Threads