Group Stories

For convenient but separate story advertisement, planning and discussion threads.

Group Stories

Postby Pyroriffic » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:42 pm

Please put requests for sub-forums here.

Whether they'll be hidden or not is another matter. Until I get used to the ACP on the board, all kinds of weird and wonderful stuff might happen...
I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Pyroriffic

Re: Group Stories

Postby Maugan Ra » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:26 pm

In that case, I'll ask for a sub-forum for the Devil's Night story currently being worked on. Hidden or passworded please.
Maugan, your slow descent into madness is starting to look more like a BASE jump...
- Rahvin

The 210th Cadian - Tanks, heavy weapons, and an ongoing hatred of Land Raiders.
W: 41
D: 6
L: 14
Maugan Ra

Postby LordLucan » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:00 pm

May we have a Nyx sub forum. Preferably not a password protected one. I want every boltholer to have access.
Check out the start of my new serialised novel, Gingerbread, published with Jukepop Serials (It is free to read, so please read and comment). Here's the link, enjoy:
https://www.jukepopserials.com/home/read/1367/?chapter=2&p=0&sl=10
LordLucan

Postby Ghurlag » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:13 pm

Sorry to be a picky fellar, but why exactly is this subforum called 'Group Story Main Discussion'? To me at least that sounds like it refers to a single Group Story and its sole discussion. 'Group Story Discussions' seems more sensible. DONE

To rant further: there also may - or may not - be a category error going on. Is the RPG subforum meant to be where members post their games, or their dicussion of games, or both?

If games themselves are to be included, I would hasten to point out that the Group Stories forum (where we post the stories) is under the main fanfiction section. This has never really made sense to me. Either we should have a Fiction Discussion section, consisting of Group Story Discussions and General Fiction Discussion, and the Group Stories be included with the other stories as they are currently, or we should have a Group Stories section, which contains both discussions and stories, and a warhammer-verse fiction section.

That's all rather confusing to read, so I'll lay it out. I propose that either we have

1) Divided fiction/discussion.

Warhammer Fan Fiction:
    W40k Fan Fiction
    WHF Fan Fiction
    General Warhammer Fiction
    Group Stories
    Role-Playing Games
    The Librarium

Warhammer Fiction Discussion:
    General Fiction Discussion
    Group Story Discussion (inc. RPG Discussion)
    Competitions and Challenges

or

2) Divided group/nongroup

Warhammer Fan Fiction:
    W40k Fan Fiction
    WHF Fan Fiction
    General Warhammer Fiction
    The Librarium
    Competitions and Challenges
    General Fiction Discussion

Warhammer Collaborative Fiction:
    Group Stories
    Role-Playing Games
    Group Story Discussion (inc. RPG Discussion)

I don't particularly mind which it is (though i'd lean for fiction/discussion), but it seems that the current layout is somewhat confusing and splitting along either of these lines would help that.

Sort of DONE

As the misty veil of Albion is cast aside, we turn our gaze to the war-torn island of Albany, where the Red King vies with his former master for the control of a realm in dire threat.
Ghurlag

Postby Pyroriffic » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:26 pm

It'll get sorted as and when I get time.
Pyroriffic

Postby Pyroriffic » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:47 pm

I started.

I'm tired and can't concentrate and am thus getting bad-tempered.

So I will carry on after the weekend.
Pyroriffic

Postby Ghurlag » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:59 pm

Thanks for the hard work tending my neuroses, Pyro. It's looking better already.

As the misty veil of Albion is cast aside, we turn our gaze to the war-torn island of Albany, where the Red King vies with his former master for the control of a realm in dire threat.
Ghurlag

Return to Board index

Return to Planning and Discussion Threads