Deathwatch: Bolthole Above Castobel

For convenient but separate story advertisement, planning and discussion threads.

Re: Deathwatch: Bolthole Above Castobel

Postby Xisor » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:58 pm

Maugan Ra wrote:Mustard - As a Tech-Priest, I'm fairly sure you get Speak (Techna-Lingua) for free. And I know that Deathwatch get Forbidden Lore (Xenos) for free as well.

Ra's right, that frees you up a good 600xp, I do believe, CM. 8-)
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Colonel Mustard » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:04 pm

Oh, well then why the deuce were they available there in the first place?

Anyway, will make the adjustments. Cheers! :)
Colonel Mustard

Postby Liliedhe » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:32 am

Hm, question: On a Space Wolf, would the right shoulder pad show the chapter emblem or the Great Company emblem? In the rulebook, the pictures show both varieties.
"You were a warleader, a fighter, when did you gain such illuminating insight into the minds of others?"
"I learned such things as you and your brothers applied brand to my flesh and parted skin with rasp and knife," snarled Astelan. "When your witches tried to prise open my mind they opened me for an instant and I stared back."
Liliedhe

Postby Xisor » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:15 pm

Liliedhe wrote:Hm, question: On a Space Wolf, would the right shoulder pad show the chapter emblem or the Great Company emblem? In the rulebook, the pictures show both varieties.

I'd say up to you on this one. It's normally Chapter, but I see no reason that less codex-adherent wouldn't declare their company more prominently, especially with the likes of the Salamanders, Iron Hands (their successors) and Space Wolves.

Similarly, I could imagine Black Templars prominently displaying their crusade more-so than the Chapter icons.

(This is mainly 'excused' because they're famous enough not to put too much focus in their 'celebrity' as big Chapters. I.e. being focussed on their company is trading less on their status. [Except that by doing differently begins to emphasise their difference and status. A bit like the Oxbridge colleges.])

That said, I could also see virtual unknowns sporting their company colours. Space Marines have hipsters too, right?
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Liliedhe » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:30 pm

All right, edited my description accordingly. ;)
"You were a warleader, a fighter, when did you gain such illuminating insight into the minds of others?"
"I learned such things as you and your brothers applied brand to my flesh and parted skin with rasp and knife," snarled Astelan. "When your witches tried to prise open my mind they opened me for an instant and I stared back."
Liliedhe

Postby schaferwhat‽ » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:54 am

on a purely pragmatic note, how will combat and other skill tests work? will our mighty GM do the rolling?
schaferwhat‽

Postby Xisor » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:25 am

schaferwhat‽ wrote:on a purely pragmatic note, how will combat and other skill tests work? will our mighty GM do the rolling?

I will not. Like the instant messaging RP we've done, I'm happy enough to let you self-report. Of course, there's a significant issue in the 'to hit/reaction/damage' sequence, but I'll aim to be as unbiased/lenient as I can on that front - e.g. if you roll to-hit and damage, that'll speed up our interactions. I'll note a dodge (if possible), and usually try to where it's sensible, even if the damage was really low (as I wouldn't have known it'd be low-damage prior to rolling in the normal sequence of events).

Similarly, when trying to do something requiring a roll, I'll let you know the relevant modifiers from my end.

Of course, if it transpires that everything's much faster with me doing it, I'll relent on this 'player freedom' line and assert my tyranny, but I'm inclined to make a wee effort to avoid that, if it's workable.

So to reiterate- roll as much as reasonable at one time. (E.g. in an attack give the hit roll and the damage roll.) We'll figure it out though if other difficulties arise. 8-)
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Xisor » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:29 pm

Flight Marshall Irregular Karender Quinilli
Origins: Rogue Trader Quinilli Dynasty operating Calixis Sector.
Career: Void Master & Flight Marshall

Biodetails: She's the daughter of a retred Rogue Trader, who was a brilliant imperial navy pilot, before returning to look after her dad. Then those ragamuffins from Dusk came and her destiny was steered towards the Inquisition and the Imperial machine once more.

WS: 39
BS: 53 si
S: 42 s
T: 31
Ag: 46 s
Int: 39
Per: 50 s
WP: 31 s
Fel: 52 s

Wounds: 13/13
Fate: 4/4
Insanity: 0
Corruption: 0

Traits
???

Skills
Awareness +10
Charm +10
Climb
Command
Common Lore (Navy)
Common Lore (War)
Deceive
Dodge +20
Gamble
Literacy
Navigation (Stellar)
Pilot (Flyers) +20
Pilot (Personal) +10
Pilot (Skimmers) +10
Pilot (Void) +20
Scholastic Lore (Astromancy)
Scholastic Lore (Tactica Imperialis)
Scrutiny +10
Secret Tongue (Rogue Traders)
Secret Tongue (Underdeck)
Speak Language (High Gothic)
Speak Language (Low Gothic)
Swim
Tech-Use

Talents
Best of the Best
Dead-eye Shot
Heightened Senses (Sight - from helmet)
Hipshooting
Hotshot Pilot
Melee Weapons Training (Universal)
Nerves of Steel
Peer (Imperial Navy)
Pistol Training (Universal)
Quick Draw
Rapid Reload
Takedown
Talented (Gamble)
Talented (Pilot)
Unawrmed Warrior

Gear
Best Archaotech Laspistol
Best Handcannon
Blessed Ship Token
Physik Kit
Advanced Helm w/Autosenses
Armoured Bodyglove
Backpack
Auspex
Multi-compass
Microbead
Void suit
Rebreather
Navy Irregular Uniform (Achilus Crusade, Orpheus Salient)
Vox-caster

EXPenditure
Who knows!?
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Liliedhe » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:22 pm

My requisition:

Power Sword 20
Kraken Rounds for the bolt pistol 10
Auspex upgrade 5
Red dot laser sight 10
Liliedhe

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Planning and Discussion Threads