Project: Jailbreak.

For convenient but separate story advertisement, planning and discussion threads.

Re: Project: Jailbreak.

Postby Raziel4707 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:59 am

Cool, that's how I see him too, with his powers building up and flaring off and all sorts of things happening. Definitely a lot of destructive energy so any attempt to fight him would have people waiting for him to "arc" and then making their move.
Raziel4707

Postby Rusk » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:40 pm

Well I like it. Plus the priest gets to do something :D as long as HE isn't turned into the hamster. That would be rather... humiliating. Brass is completely expendable, for the record. I have no qualms if he gets offed for the good of the story.

Is Ha'Bazz going to be POV?
My Fabulous Works:
First Contact - RiaR Savage
Pynewood -2.25k
Desecration - RiaR Desecration
Name - RiaR Pressure
Rusk

Postby Raziel4707 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:15 pm

I'd personally prefer to avoid any sort of lengthy Ork POV but a little bit that shows his view would be good. Something looking through his eyes perhaps at what's happening, his reaction to it but avoiding the horrible space cockney thing :-D
Raziel4707

Postby Stuart000X » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:21 pm

It's a hard job to write from the perspective of any ork, but if done in a 3rd person view of him, there's more capability to write something more worth while, and it does him more justice also.
Stuart000X

Postby Raziel4707 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:22 pm

Agreed there, 3rd person would work and perhaps a bit of 1st person without dialogue.
Raziel4707

Postby Stuart000X » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:25 pm

Rusk wrote:Well I like it. Plus the priest gets to do something :D as long as HE isn't turned into the hamster.

One well known trait of a particular weirdboy is that he has the capacity to turn people into squigs.
Stuart000X

Postby Stuart000X » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:26 pm

Raziel4707 wrote:Agreed there, 3rd person would work and perhaps a bit of 1st person without dialogue.

I concur to that.
Stuart000X

Postby Stuart000X » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:03 pm

Now that we've more or less established what will be the frame of our story, the next step is in the direction of getting things written up, unless there's something I've missed?
Stuart000X

Postby Raziel4707 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:45 pm

So... other than Stuart and Rusk...
Raziel4707

Postby Stuart000X » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:28 pm

I'm still onboard with this group story.
Stuart000X

Postby Rusk » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:53 pm

I'm up for it. Away from my laptop until Sunday, so won't be able to get any writing done until then, but I'm still about.
My Fabulous Works:
Pynewood -2.25k
Name - RiaR Pressure
Rusk

Postby Maugan Ra » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:05 pm

Still up for this. I've been a bit distracted, as tomorrow I'm going back to Uni and there have been annoying administrative problems relating to my course, but that should all be dealt with inside of a couple of days. And then I'll get to writing the first piece for this story, about Schiffer being held captive. Possibly beforehand... I do have a rather boring 7 hour train ride to look forwards to...
Maugan, your slow descent into madness is starting to look more like a BASE jump...
- Rahvin

The 210th Cadian - Tanks, heavy weapons, and an ongoing hatred of Land Raiders.
W: 41
D: 6
L: 14
Maugan Ra

Postby Ghurlag » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:44 am

Ditto on distraction, but I'm still here and ready to be useful. We need to agree on a writing schedule, and possibly tighten up the middle of the plot a bit, as well as a few character details. I know where we start, and how it ends, but the details of the middle section seem a little up in the air at the moment.

Maugan's up for beginning, and I think that's a good way to start, giving some character and background before we move onto the opening event with Raxell, which presumably I would write. What's the plan after that?

Also, just for clarification - 3rd person writing style? It makes sense, given we're switching viewpoints at least once (is the priest having a POV? The Dark Eldar?). On that last parenthetical note, it'd be good to hear more about this DE character and how they slot into things, and the potential Tau character that was mentioned.

Remember we don't necessarily have to each have a POV character, we can share them and just have more input on the sequences where specific non-POV characters play a role. So, for example, maybe I write my first bit in collaboration with Raziel, from Raxell's viewpoint, and then at a later point someone else writes Raxell into a scene and I advise, and then maybe Stuart writes a Raxell/Ha'Bazz scene from Raxell's POV, again with my advice/collaboration to keep the character consistent, but using Raxell as a way of bringing out his own character.

It might be a bit more tricky, and I'm not opposed to putting it aside for the sake of something more achievable, but I think it could be an interesting way to collaborate. What do the rest of you think?

As the misty veil of Albion is cast aside, we turn our gaze to the war-torn island of Albany, where the Red King vies with his former master for the control of a realm in dire threat.
Ghurlag

Postby Raziel4707 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:41 am

Awesome Was a tad worried there for a sec!

I'll draw up a DE character soon as poss and post it up. Tau wise I have no plans really just thought that a Tau might be useful in holding different races together but not really necessary.

Middle section I'd be open to ideas, happy we know where we're starting and where we're going. Some flesh for the bare bones would be greatly appreciated as and when people have ideas, sorry I'm a little snowed in atm.
Raziel4707

Postby Rusk » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:15 pm

So far it seems the main characters (or at least those mentioned in any detail) are Monn, Raxell, Schiffer, Ha'Bazz, Brass, plus the DE character, and possibly a Tau. If there were to be alliances formed between this lot, the only obvious one is Schiffer/Brass, with Brass getting stabbed in the back as soon as Schiffer's gotten away with her dastardly plan (if they escape at all). Is it possible there could be a Raxell/DE alliance at all? Raxell might acknowledge the severity of the situation, and possibly enrol the DE to take out Monn when the situation becomes too chaotic. Plus the DE has an offer of escape, even if there's a 99% chance of a backstab.

On a side note, I'm guessing the Tau would be shared between the different writers? I know nowt about Tau, my knowledge has come off the ever-reliable source of Lexicanum :roll: , so if someone has a better idea for them, go ahead, but I was thinking possibly make them a member of the earth or water caste. If they're earth, Monn could have been trying to torture them to learn about Tau engineering, industry, science etc, whilst if they're water, it could be a high-ranked Tau ambassador or administrator, who Monn is using to learn about the background of Tau culture and society. Tau are mostly chaos-neutral, aren't they? Maybe the fact they are untouched by the warp could be part of Monn's research.

I like the idea of a "lights-out" section with Monn's men hunting down the inmates. Maybe partway through this section a few tyranids could leak into the immediate area? Turn the tables somewhat.

Finally, even if the plan is to have everyone obliterated when Ha'Bazz detonates, I'm guessing the inmates are still attempting to get out. Are there escape pods hidden somewhere? Is there a hangar bay? Both? Or a more ingenious method of escape I haven't thought of? :P
My Fabulous Works:
Pynewood -2.25k
Name - RiaR Pressure
Rusk

Postby Stuart000X » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:14 pm

Rusk wrote:Finally, even if the plan is to have everyone obliterated when Ha'Bazz detonates, I'm guessing the inmates are still attempting to get out. Are there escape pods hidden somewhere? Is there a hangar bay? Both? Or a more ingenious method of escape I haven't thought of? :P

Another thought I have in mind is that the characters (minus those have died and Ha'bazz) are running for their lives, heading speedily towards the escape pods. Occuring elsewhere on the ship, Ha'bazz finally succumbs and detonates. The centre-point of what is to follow, chain explosions begin to erupt across the prison. Too late to reach the pods, the corridor ahead breaks as their section of the prison crumbles from the main body of the prison. A bit of drama unfolds; involving the escape of air and vacuum before the safety hatches seals them inside, hurling inside this small but very large portion of the prison into space.

I don't what happens after that though.
Stuart000X

Postby Rusk » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:31 pm

@Stu: I believe Raz mentioned that in his rough plan that the visiting Inquisitor (we really should give him/her/it a name at some point, I got Tauron Haxtes in the DH generator, maybe just stick with that for now?) was going to move in as the facility was destroyed and pick up survivors? If there is some sort of vox system or signalling array in the section of prison the survivors are sealed in this could work for the end of the story. Maybe have Raxell or Monn sealed in there too if they haven't already been dealt with :twisted:
My Fabulous Works:
Pynewood -2.25k
Name - RiaR Pressure
Rusk

Postby Stuart000X » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:03 pm

Rusk wrote:@Stu: If there is some sort of vox system or signalling array in the section of prison the survivors are sealed in this could work for the end of the story. Maybe have Raxell or Monn sealed in there too if they haven't already been dealt with :twisted:

Perhaps this could be the climax of the story? The endgame, the chance for the prisoners to exact revenge on their jailor/torturer while he in turn tries to destroy the enemy in his midst? It'll make for an explosive ending.

Edit: I can't help reflect that this ending is similar to that of Alien[i] and [i]Aliens, when Ripley got away only to be confronted by the beast she was trying to escape from.
Stuart000X

Postby Raziel4707 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:20 pm

Or perhaps if only Raxell and / or Monn are trapped inside as the Tyranids close in?

Will look into the DE thing later if I get the chance, have a fair amount of coursework, BLL planning and stuff to do but will be devoting some serious grey-matter time to this as we go. No huge rush, as long as everyone's in it til the end I'm totally happy with the way this is going.
Raziel4707

Postby Rusk » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:19 pm

I know you said no HUGE rush, but this does seem to have gone a bit quiet right now. :S Is this thing still living?
My Fabulous Works:
Pynewood -2.25k
Name - RiaR Pressure
Rusk

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Planning and Discussion Threads