War Engagement

For convenient but separate story advertisement, planning and discussion threads.

Re: War Engagement

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:22 pm

First off, here is my edited fleet list for the crusade. Numbers in brackets indicate squadron strength. I am assuming all fighter wings have a strength of 15. Feel free to rip into this. I've kept the captains (and their ships) with good names ;) .

Hesperon Crusade First Fleet
a. Admiral Vitrus – Commanding officer of the Hesperon Crusade fleet.
b. His Faith in Heaven – Vengeance-class grand cruiser, flagship of the Crusade Fleet.
c. Guns of Glory – Dictator-class cruiser, Captain Cazzi.
d. Hell Fire – Dauntless light cruiser squadron (2), Captain Kaen.
e. Long Spear – Endeavour light cruiser (2), Captain Chayan.
f. Heavy Hands - Cobra destroyer squadron (4), captain Natheniel.

Hesperon Crusade Second Fleet
a. Commodore Thane – Commander of the 2nd Crusade Fleet.
b. Bastion of Fire – Mars battlecruiser, flagship of the 2nd Fleet.
c. Hammer of Ullor – Dominator cruiser, Commander Jeyan.
d. Vanguard – Lunar cruiser, Captain Plites.
e. Pride of Fire – Dauntless light cruiser, Captain Guon.
f. Wrath of Varra – Endurance light cruiser, Captain Buchar.
g. Holy Sword – Firestorm frigate squadron (3), Captain Taysan.
h. Imperator – Sword frigate squadron (3), Captain Haysan.

Hesperon Crusade Third Fleet
a. Commodore Perchevi – Commander of the 3rd Crusade Fleet.
b. Assar – Overlord battlecruiser, flagship of the 3rd Fleet.
c. Honour of Duty – Lunar cruiser, Captain Vaseli.
d. Vengeance – Tyrant-class cruiser, Captain Aear.
e. Luthor – Endurance light cruiser, Captain Bassing.
f. Jullii – Sword frigate squadron (4), Captain Ventrilli.
g. Head Hunters – Cobra destroyer (4) squadron, Captain Mara.

Hesperon Crusade Fleet Support Vessels
a. Tribunes – Cetaceus-class Troopship squadron (5).
b. Harius Colmer – Cetaceus-class Troopship squadron (4).
c. Wavebreakers – Cetaceus-class Troopship squadron (4).
d. Hail Terra, Worshipful, Grace of War, Revelator – Heavy Transports.
e. Strongwind, Contempt of Zeal – Escort Carriers.
f. 501st, 502nd, 503rd, 1885th, 1886th, 1887th, 3302nd, 3341st, 3343rd, 3443rd – Interceptor wings attached to the Crusade Fleet.
g. 232nd, 233rd, 234th, 235th, 1001st, 1002nd, 2023rd, 2199th, 2212nd, 2222nd – Bomber wings attached to the Crusade Fleet.

Now for your questions -

The hold up is simple. Alnedos is tougher to crack than it appears to be. The anti-Imperium sentiment has been building up in the subsector for a long time and thanks to quite a few pay-offs and bribes and what not, the breakaway planets have been steadily building up their forces for the last two decades. [Keep in mind that I may be retconning some of our older background in light of new things].

The marines are getting antsy because of the static war. Breaking through Alnedos' orbital defenses was no attack and their ground-based assaults haven't yielded measurable results. To make matters worse, most of the First Crusade Fleet and the entire Third Fleet along with the Novamarines are tied down keeping Siparias, Straffenberg and Ferrum IV under control. During a long lull an attempt was made against Gojaha II but it backfired.

We will most certainly delve into ground campaigns and fleet actions. None of the fleets can just come out of the warp near the planetary targets and start busting away because then they are exposed and caught between two well-defended positions.

EDIT: My strike force planning for Alnedos is almost done. I just more or less need the names/commanders of your drop regiments and their fighting strength as I am using random placeholder values for now. Plus finalizing the fleet lists. Also I've reduced the numbers of the Sable Swords and the Sororitas going in, to reflect the casualties taken on Siparias and Straffenberg. Will be doing the same with the guard regiments once I get your updated guard list.
Last edited by shadowhawk2008 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
User avatar
shadowhawk2008
 
Posts: 7716
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:17 am
Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution


Re: War Engagement

Postby Commander Shadow » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:27 pm

Here are the revisions to the the Imperial Navy revised Fleet list and Order of Command, i really like the transports that you came up with. I suppose we can swap around some of the names and what not. I edited out the Mars- Battlecruiser for Thane in mine but we'll see how it goes. I also made some of the names a little more Imperial-y

Order of Command

Admiral Vitrus aboard “His Faith in Heaven”

Vice-Admiral Perchevi aboard “The Assar”

Commodore Thane aboard “The Tybalt” and Commodore Ganava aboard “The Throne”


Fleet Break Down

Battleships

“His Faith in Heaven” and “The Assar” with their escort frigates and light cruiser “The Holy Sword”, “The Imperator”, and “The Pride of Fire”

Cruiser Squadrons

‘The Tybalt”, “The Glory”, “The Honor of Duty”, “The Guns of Pethaya”, and “The Wrath of Varra”- Headed by Commodore Thane

“The Throne”, “The Vengeance”, “The Hammer of Ullor”, and “His Glory”- headed by Commodoer Ganaya

Destroyer Squadrons

The 232nd “Head Hunters” and the 112nd “Heavy Hands”


Battle Fleet Sovillan

Commanding Officer: Admiral Vitrus

Flagship

“His Faith in Heaven”- Emperor Class Battleship- Admiral Vitrus

Fighter Wings: 1272nd, 3343rd , 902nd, and 441st Intercept
Bomber Wings: 2772nd, 232nd, 1001st and 23rd Bomber

Battleships

“The Assar”- Apocalypse Class Battleship- Vice-Admiral Perchevi


Cruisers

“The Tybalt”- Mars Class Battlecruiser- Commodore Thane

“The Glory”- Luna Class Cruiser- Captain Buchanna

“The Honor of Duty”- Luna Class Cruiser- Commander Vaseli

“The Guns of Pethaya”- Dictator Class Cruiser- Commander Carzolli

Fighter Wings: 757th and 3341st Intercept
Bomber Wings: 664th and 2023rd Bomber

“The Wrath of Varra”- Endurance Light Cruiser- Captain Buchar


“The Throne”- Luna Class Cruiser- Commodore Ganava

“The Vengeance”- Luna Class Cruiser- Captain Aearnas

“The Hammer of Ullor”- Dominator Class Cruiser- Commander Jordius

“His Glory”- Dictator Class Cruiser- Commander Rosarius

Fighter Wings: 887th and 3002nd intercept
Bomber Wings:2119th and 6465th Bomber




Escorts

“The Holy Sword”- Firestorm Class frigate- Captain Tasander

“The Imperator”- Sword Class Frigate- Commander Heradorius

“The Pride of Fire”-Dauntless Light Cruiser- Captain Marques


232nd “Head Hunters” Cobra Squadron- Squadron Commander Captain Dayid

112nd “Heavy Hands” Cobra Squadron- Squadron Commander Captain Natheniel
- And there arose from the abyss a terrible beast and the armies of man were laid low by the walls of the ancient city. The ground shook and the skies trembled and all knew as the beast had come forth and that the end of time was upon them.

"Shadow is always right, except when he tries to save his men from charging orks" - Ang
User avatar
Commander Shadow
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:37 am
Location: Washingto DC, USA


Re: War Engagement

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:31 pm

Half past midnight here so I'm crashing. I'll look at the updated fleet list in the morning and give you my feedback. Can you have the guard list by say afternoon tomorrow? Earlier the better. I'll post an overview of the beginning of the Alnedos mission once its finalized. And refer my edit in the last post. Let me know what you think of the fleet list I posted.
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
User avatar
shadowhawk2008
 
Posts: 7716
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:17 am
Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution


Re: War Engagement

Postby Commander Shadow » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:44 pm

Not a problem with your edits. I can have the Guard units up soon. Here are the Gayaran: I've realized it might be a bit of trouble to sift through all of the different companies and the like. I'll be going back and simplifying them down to simply

Regiment- Commander
Men:
Guns:
Vehicles:

That being said....

III Corps under Corps Commander Colonel Mazzta
Men: 62,100
Guns: 1,800 heavy pieces

92nd Gayara Siege Infantry- under command of Colonel Mazzta

15 Infantry Companies- 8,850 men (590 men per company with 14 attached commissariat per company)

3 heavy artillery Companies- 300 pieces (100 pieces per company) and 1,500 artillery men

Assorted supply vehicles

Total men: 10,350


109th Gayara Siege Infantry- under command of Colonel Uaeni


15 Infantry Companies- 8,850 men (590 men per company with 14 attached commissariat per company)

3 heavy artillery Companies- 300 pieces (100 pieces per company) and 1,500 artillery men

Assorted supply vehicles-

Total men: 10,350


122nd Gayara Siege Infantry- under command of Colonel Corale


15 Infantry Companies- 8,850 men (590 men per company with 14 attached commissariat per company)

3 heavy artillery Companies- 300 pieces (100 pieces per company) and 1,500 artillery men

Assorted supply vehicles-

Total men: 10,350


128th Gayara Siege Infantry- under command of Colonel Byran


15 Infantry Companies- 8,850 men (590 men per company with 14 attached commissariat per company)

3 heavy artillery Companies- 300 pieces (100 pieces per company) and 1,500 artillery men

Assorted supply vehicles-

Total men: 10,350



132nd Gayara Siege Infantry- under command of Colonel Nuyu


15 Infantry Companies- 8,850 men (590 men per company with 14 attached commissariat per company)

3 heavy artillery Companies- 300 pieces (100 pieces per company) and 1,500 artillery men

Assorted supply vehicles-

Total men: 10,350



137th Gayara Siege Infantry- under command of Colonel Huranius


15 Infantry Companies- 8,850 men (590 men per company with 14 attached commissariat per company)

3 heavy artillery Companies- 300 pieces (100 pieces per company) and 1,500 artillery men

Assorted supply vehicles-

Total men: 10,350
- And there arose from the abyss a terrible beast and the armies of man were laid low by the walls of the ancient city. The ground shook and the skies trembled and all knew as the beast had come forth and that the end of time was upon them.

"Shadow is always right, except when he tries to save his men from charging orks" - Ang
User avatar
Commander Shadow
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:37 am
Location: Washingto DC, USA


Re: War Engagement

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:01 am

Commander Shadow wrote:Here are the revisions to the the Imperial Navy revised Fleet list and Order of Command, i really like the transports that you came up with. I suppose we can swap around some of the names and what not. I edited out the Mars- Battlecruiser for Thane in mine but we'll see how it goes. I also made some of the names a little more Imperial-y.

Order of Command
Admiral Vitrus aboard “His Faith in Heaven”
Vice-Admiral Perchevi aboard “The Assar”
Commodore Thane aboard “The Tybalt” and Commodore Ganava aboard “The Throne”

Fleet Break Down
Battleships
“His Faith in Heaven” and “The Assar” with their escort frigates and light cruiser “The Holy Sword”, “The Imperator”, and “The Pride of Fire”

Cruiser Squadrons
‘The Tybalt”, “The Glory”, “The Honor of Duty”, “The Guns of Pethaya”, and “The Wrath of Varra”- Headed by Commodore Thane
“The Throne”, “The Vengeance”, “The Hammer of Ullor”, and “His Glory”- headed by Commodoer Ganaya

Destroyer Squadrons
The 232nd “Head Hunters” and the 112nd “Heavy Hands”


Battle Fleet Sovillan
Commanding Officer: Admiral Vitrus
Flagship - “His Faith in Heaven”- Emperor Class Battleship- Admiral Vitrus

Fighter Wings: 1272nd, 3343rd , 902nd, and 441st Intercept
Bomber Wings: 2772nd, 232nd, 1001st and 23rd Bomber

Battleships
“The Assar”- Apocalypse Class Battleship- Vice-Admiral Perchevi

Cruisers
“The Tybalt”- Mars Class Battlecruiser- Commodore Thane
“The Glory”- Luna Class Cruiser- Captain Buchanna
“The Honor of Duty”- Luna Class Cruiser- Commander Vaseli
“The Guns of Pethaya”- Dictator Class Cruiser- Commander Carzolli

Fighter Wings: 757th and 3341st Intercept
Bomber Wings: 664th and 2023rd Bomber

“The Wrath of Varra”- Endurance Light Cruiser- Captain Buchar
“The Throne”- Luna Class Cruiser- Commodore Ganava
“The Vengeance”- Luna Class Cruiser- Captain Aearnas
“The Hammer of Ullor”- Dominator Class Cruiser- Commander Jordius
“His Glory”- Dictator Class Cruiser- Commander Rosarius

Fighter Wings: 887th and 3002nd intercept
Bomber Wings:2119th and 6465th Bomber

Escorts
“The Holy Sword”- Firestorm Class frigate- Captain Tasander
“The Imperator”- Sword Class Frigate- Commander Heradorius
“The Pride of Fire”-Dauntless Light Cruiser- Captain Marques
232nd “Head Hunters” Cobra Squadron- Squadron Commander Captain Dayid
112nd “Heavy Hands” Cobra Squadron- Squadron Commander Captain Natheniel


Like I said before, the main concern is that the fleet is very top heavy, as in you have two of the most powerful ship classes in the imperial navy. Which is why I went with a Vengeance-class Grand Cruiser, a Mars Battlecruiser and an Overlord Battlecruiser as the flagships for the crusade fleet.

If you really want to include a top of the line battleship then I would suggest the Retribution battleship for Admiral Vitrus. It has powerful weapons batteries, torpedoes, lances and we don't have to worry about including fighter squadrons.

For Perchevi and the Assar, I would suggest downgrading it down to the Oberon battleship. It has a good mix of batteries/lances and fighter transportation (4 squadrons). Nice counterpart to the Retribution for Vitrus.

The Mars Battlecruiser is fine for Thane and the Tybalt.

Q: Why a quartet of fleet commanders? We have Admiral Viturs, Vice Admiral Perchevi and Commodores Thane and Ganava. Any particular reason? The fleet lists we both have aren't really that big so I don't think we need that many senior officers. Your thoughts?

Having read the BFG vessel descriptions just now, it seems that Lunar cruisers are very very much a fleet workhorse. There are supposed to have been about 600 in Obscurus alone. Ultima is far bigger so I don't see why we can't have a few more Lunars for the crusade fleet. :)

The dominators were designed for major fleet engagements and planetary assaults. They are also said to be very common in Ultima. So lets have two of these in the fleet. We already have the Hammer of Ullor, so perhaps a sister ship?

The dictators are mostly fleet support vessels and are capable of launching space combat fighters and ground support fighters in equal measure. We already have two of these in the fleet so that is covered. They are also supposed to be good at escort duties for convoys.

You are quite low on Dauntless cruisers, i would suggest at least a total of 4 of these in the fleet.

And we definitely need a few more escort squadrons in the fleet. Upgrade the Holy Sword and the Imperator into 3 ship squadrons rather than single vessels.

The fighter squadrons are fine. 8 of these squadrons will be space combat squadrons like Furies and Starhawks. The other 8 will be made up of Marauders, Lightnings and other aircraft.

I like the names for the fleet captains now :)

Here is a revised list for your consideration. The three subfleets are mostly equal, the only thing being that we need some more escort squadrons. That won't be a problem I think.

Hesperon Crusade First Fleet
a. Admiral Vitrus – Commanding officer of the Hesperon Crusade fleet.
b. His Faith in Heaven – Retribution-class Battleship, flagship of the Crusade Fleet.
c. Bastion of Fire - Lunar cruiser, Cazzi.
d. Vengeance - Lunar cruiser, Captain Aearnas.
e. Throne - Lunar cruiser, Captain Ganava.
f. Guns of Glory – Dictator-class cruiser, Captain Carzolli.
g. Hell Fire – Dauntless light cruiser squadron (2), Captain Kaen.
h. Long Spear – Endeavour light cruiser (2), Captain Chayan.
i. Heavy Hands - Cobra destroyer squadron (4), captain Natheniel.

Hesperon Crusade Second Fleet
a. Commodore Thane – Commander of the 2nd Crusade Fleet.
b. Assar – Oberon Battleship, flagship of the 2nd Fleet.
c. Hammer of Ullor - Dominator cruiser, Commander Jeyan.
d. Spear of Ullor – Dominator cruiser, Commander Jordius.
e. Vanguard – Lunar cruiser, Captain Plites.
f. Pride of Fire – Dauntless light cruiser, Captain Guon.
g. Wrath of Varra – Endurance light cruiser, Captain Buchar.
h. Holy Sword – Firestorm frigate squadron (3), Captain Tasander.
i. Imperator – Sword frigate squadron (3), Captain Heradorius.

Hesperon Crusade Third Fleet
a. Commodore Perchevi – Commander of the 3rd Crusade Fleet.
b. Tybalt – Mars battlecruiser, flagship of the 3rd Fleet.
c. Honour of Duty - Lunar cruiser, Captain Vaseli.
d. Glory – Lunar cruiser, Captain Buchanna.
e. His Glory - Dictator-class cruiser, Captain Rosarius.
f. Vengeance – Tyrant-class cruiser, Captain Aear.
g. Luthor – Endurance light cruiser, Captain Bassing.
h. Jullii – Sword frigate squadron (4), Captain Ventrilli.
i. Head Hunters – Cobra destroyer (4) squadron, Captain Mara.

Hesperon Crusade Fleet Support Vessels
a. Tribunes – Cetaceus-class Troopship squadron (5).
b. Harius Colmer – Cetaceus-class Troopship squadron (4).
c. Wavebreakers – Cetaceus-class Troopship squadron (4).
d. Hail Terra, Worshipful, Grace of War, Revelator – Heavy Transports.
e. Strongwind, Contempt of Zeal – Escort Carriers.
f. 1885th, 1886th - Lightning squadrons attached to the crusade fleet.
g. 3341st, 3343rd - Thunderbolt squadrons attached to the crusade fleet.
h. 2046th, 2047th – Marauder Bomber wings attached to the crusade Fleet.
i. 2249th, 2250th - Marauder Destroyer wings attached to the crusade fleet.
j. 501st, 502nd, 503rd, 3302nd - Fury Interceptor wings attached to the crusade fleet.
k. 232nd, 233rd, 234th, 235th - Starhawk bomber wings attached to the crusade fleet.
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
User avatar
shadowhawk2008
 
Posts: 7716
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:17 am
Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution


Re: War Engagement

Postby Commander Shadow » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:02 pm

Alrighty, i'm good per your changes to the battleships, in hindsight that does seem quite top heavy and i suppose this isn't an extrememly priority crusade (did we decide upon a Lord Solar?).

As too the four officers: my original thought was that Vitrius would be at the head with his second being perchevi, the two commodores would be the heads of their cruiser-squadrons respectively. I suppose Perchevi adds a little too much clutter to the command structure then?

In your revised fleet list did you add the luna cruisers, the dauntlesses, and the Hammer of Ullor's sister ship?

I can ring up a few escorts if you wish. I'm going to be a tiny bit bussy over here today, got some sort of history bowl to attend. But i'll do with all haste.
- And there arose from the abyss a terrible beast and the armies of man were laid low by the walls of the ancient city. The ground shook and the skies trembled and all knew as the beast had come forth and that the end of time was upon them.

"Shadow is always right, except when he tries to save his men from charging orks" - Ang
User avatar
Commander Shadow
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:37 am
Location: Washingto DC, USA


Re: War Engagement

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:15 pm

Commander Shadow wrote:Alrighty, i'm good per your changes to the battleships, in hindsight that does seem quite top heavy and i suppose this isn't an extrememly priority crusade (did we decide upon a Lord Solar?).

As too the four officers: my original thought was that Vitrius would be at the head with his second being perchevi, the two commodores would be the heads of their cruiser-squadrons respectively. I suppose Perchevi adds a little too much clutter to the command structure then?

In your revised fleet list did you add the luna cruisers, the dauntlesses, and the Hammer of Ullor's sister ship?

I can ring up a few escorts if you wish. I'm going to be a tiny bit bussy over here today, got some sort of history bowl to attend. But i'll do with all haste.


Lord Solar? As in overall commander of the entire crusade?

Just demote Ganava to captain of the lunar cruiser Throne as per the revised list i posted.

I added the Bastion of Fire, Vanguard lunar cruisers. Spear of Ullor has been added as well. There is a squadron of 2 dauntless cruisers in the first fleet and i'm thinking of making the Pride of Fire in the second fleet a squadron of 2 as well, same for the Luthor Endurance cruiser in the Third Fleet. Just come up with two more escort vessel squadrons of size 3, whether it is a Sword/Firestorm Frigate or a Cobra Destroyer or Falchion escort doesn't matter.

EDIT: I need the names of your drop troop regiments, their commanders (if you have them, otherwise doesn't matter, and their troop strength.
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
User avatar
shadowhawk2008
 
Posts: 7716
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:17 am
Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution


Re: War Engagement

Postby Commander Shadow » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:30 pm

I'll get on the fleet listing soon ( i do like your list however).

312nd Numani Drop Troops “The Black Death”- Colonel Judah

411st Numani Drop Troops “The Dark Horsemen”- Colonel Maseda

212nd Numani Drop Troops “The Silver Tide”- Colonel Ocativi

i didn't get in troop numbers yet but the names are there. If you want to use them you can, if not you can make your own, i don't mind. I'll have the Lunda up tonight and the other escorts.

Gotta run.
- And there arose from the abyss a terrible beast and the armies of man were laid low by the walls of the ancient city. The ground shook and the skies trembled and all knew as the beast had come forth and that the end of time was upon them.

"Shadow is always right, except when he tries to save his men from charging orks" - Ang
User avatar
Commander Shadow
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:37 am
Location: Washingto DC, USA


Re: War Engagement

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:36 pm

Commander Shadow wrote:I'll get on the fleet listing soon ( i do like your list however).

312nd Numani Drop Troops “The Black Death”- Colonel Judah

411st Numani Drop Troops “The Dark Horsemen”- Colonel Maseda

212nd Numani Drop Troops “The Silver Tide”- Colonel Ocativi

i didn't get in troop numbers yet but the names are there. If you want to use them you can, if not you can make your own, i don't mind. I'll have the Lunda up tonight and the other escorts.

Gotta run.


Kool I like the names. Just change Ocativi to Octaivi and we are good. I take it their colour scheme is going to be black and silver, from their names? I'll make up the troop numbers myself :) I have some templates from my own sector project and I'll just use them. I should have that and details of Alnedos up by tonight 9pm forum time. Same for the v5 of the Bible.
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
User avatar
shadowhawk2008
 
Posts: 7716
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:17 am
Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution


Re: War Engagement

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:18 pm

Commander Shadow wrote:III Corps under Corps Commander Colonel Mazzta
Men: 62,100
Guns: 1,800 heavy pieces

92nd Gayara Siege Infantry- under command of Colonel Mazzta
15 Infantry Companies- 8,850 men (590 men per company with 14 attached commissariat per company)
3 heavy artillery Companies- 300 pieces (100 pieces per company) and 1,500 artillery men
Assorted supply vehicles
Total men: 10,350

109th Gayara Siege Infantry- under command of Colonel Uaeni
15 Infantry Companies- 8,850 men (590 men per company with 14 attached commissariat per company)
3 heavy artillery Companies- 300 pieces (100 pieces per company) and 1,500 artillery men
Assorted supply vehicles-
Total men: 10,350

122nd Gayara Siege Infantry- under command of Colonel Corale
15 Infantry Companies- 8,850 men (590 men per company with 14 attached commissariat per company)
3 heavy artillery Companies- 300 pieces (100 pieces per company) and 1,500 artillery men
Assorted supply vehicles-
Total men: 10,350

128th Gayara Siege Infantry- under command of Colonel Byran
15 Infantry Companies- 8,850 men (590 men per company with 14 attached commissariat per company)
3 heavy artillery Companies- 300 pieces (100 pieces per company) and 1,500 artillery men
Assorted supply vehicles-
Total men: 10,350

132nd Gayara Siege Infantry- under command of Colonel Nuyu
15 Infantry Companies- 8,850 men (590 men per company with 14 attached commissariat per company)
3 heavy artillery Companies- 300 pieces (100 pieces per company) and 1,500 artillery men
Assorted supply vehicles-
Total men: 10,350

137th Gayara Siege Infantry- under command of Colonel Huranius
15 Infantry Companies- 8,850 men (590 men per company with 14 attached commissariat per company)
3 heavy artillery Companies- 300 pieces (100 pieces per company) and 1,500 artillery men
Assorted supply vehicles-
Total men: 10,350


Big concerns here.
1. The regiments are too small considering they are siege regiments. The numbers in each regiments should be at least five times as much for the infantry. Best place to do this is through increasing the number of commissars attached to each company and increasing the company strengths as well. And increase number of companies to 20 to be the same size.

2. Also include some tank companies such as Leman Russes, Macharius'.

3. The artillery seems to be a little in excess. Just slightly tone it down, perhaps 75 pieces a company.

This isn't really going to be a lightning-strike crusade. Tens of thousands of guardsmen are going to be dead by crusade's end. Not to mention the meatgrinders that will be Siparias, Gojaha II, Alnedos, Trenna and Klesser.
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
User avatar
shadowhawk2008
 
Posts: 7716
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:17 am
Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution


Re: War Engagement

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:07 pm

Assault on Alnedos: Capturing the Shipyards

On 245825.M41 the Crusade command renewed its efforts against the rebels. An elite joint strike force of the Sable Swords, Sororitas and the Numani Drop regiments was tasked with retaking the Alnedos system. A supplementary battlegroup under General Bacca of the Lunda regiments was also assembled. The first strike force was intended to punch through the system’s defenses and establish a foothold at the shipyard facilities. The second strike force would then form the hammer that would be dropped on Alnedos.

The Zolme asteroidal mining colony in the system was prioritized as a low threat. After consultation with Admiral Vitrus, Lord Marshal Sergevi assigned three companies of the 135th Veranan Grenadiers under Major Tavers and the escort carrier Strongwind to its capture. The Strongwind would be part of the first strike force.

Command of the mission was given jointly to Captain Rossa, Canoness Preceptor Marin and High Colonel Octaivi. Their plan for the assault on Alnedos called for a direct thrust to the shipyard through the system’s masses of monitoring stations and orbital base. Once the attack proper on the shipyard began, General Bacca’s forces would be given the order for transit.

The Numani regiments were mobilizing their entire resources for the mission. Entire companies of Sentinels and squadrons of Tauros RAVs were prepped and made ready. The regiments’ Vultures, Valkyries and Vendettas were to be transported as well, although they would not be used in the initial assault. All squads were issued with flamers and in some limited cases, heavy bolters as supplementary weapons.

Strike Force Spearthrust

A. Sable Swords Fourth Company, ‘The Hammerers’
a. Captain Taranton Rossa – commander of the Fourth.
b. Lord Mellikos Zaari – Chaplain of the Fourth.
c. Genekeeper Prabian – Apothecary of the Fourth.
d. Champion Atavian Dannos - Company Champion of the Fourth.
e. First Squad, ‘The Strikers’ – 6 marines, with Veteran-Sergeant Selbicar dead.
f. Seventh Squad, ‘The Conquerors’ – 7 marines under Sergeant Artassi.
g. Ninth Squad, ‘The Vanquishers’ – 8 marines under Sergeant Jelaz.
h. Second-Sixth Squads – 38 marines; Eighth Squad – 7 marines; Tenth Squad – 9 marines.
i. Terminator Squad, ‘The Heralds’ – 10 marines under Veteran-Sergeant Adelus.
j. Terminator Assault Squad, ‘The Oathgivers’ – 9 marines under Sergeant Vonners.
k. Assault Squad, ‘The Harbingers’ – 6 marines under Sergeant Braccio Pian.
l. Assault Squad, ‘The Dominators’ – 10 marines under Sergeant Kranson.
m. Devastator Squad, ‘The Punishers’ – 10 marines under Sergeant Dayok.
n. Devastator Squad, ‘The Sunderers’ – 6 marines with Sergeant Relatt dead.
o. Techmarine Verad – Techmarine of the Fourth Company.
p. Ancient Kalain – Dreadnought of the Fourth Company.
q. Captain Skaller – Commander of the Duron’s Fury and the chapter fleet engaged in the Hesperon Crusade.
r. Battle-barge Duron’s Fury. RSVs Helbinos Alpha and Helbinos Sigma, 6 Thunderhawk Gunships.

B. Order of the Valorous Heart
a. Canoness Preceptor Areth Marin – Commands 447 Sororitas of the Lerentian Convent.
b. Palatine Isabiel Willems – Preceptor Marin’s second and leader of the elite Celestian Squad, ‘The Purgators’, reduced to 7 sisters.
c. Sister Superior Caelii Vatore – Leader of the veteran Seraphim Squad, ‘The Redeemers’, reduced to 8 sisters.
d. Sister Superior Elianor Vicus - Leader of the veteran Battle Sisters Squad, ‘The Absolvers’, reduced to 15 sisters.
e. Swift Justice – Sororitas strike cruiser.
f. Daring Heart – Sororitas frigate.

C. Imperial Guard
a. High Colonel Octaivi – commanding officer of the 212nd Drop regiment, 2887 guardsmen.
b. Colonel Judah – commanding officer of the 312nd Drop regiment, 3012 guardsmen.
c. Colonel Maseda – commanding officer of the 411th Drop regiment, 3245 guardsmen.
d. Major Tavers – commanding 3 companies of the 135th Veranan Grenadiers.

D. Imperial Navy – Hesperon Crusade Second Fleet
a. Commodore Thane – Commander of the 2nd Crusade Fleet.
b. Assar – Oberon Battleship, flagship of the 2nd fleet.
c. Hammer of Ullor – Dominator cruiser, Commander Jeyan.
d. Vanguard – Lunar cruiser, Captain Plites.
e. Pride of Fire – Dauntless light cruiser, Captain Guon.
f. Holy Sword – Firestorm frigate squadron (3), Captain Taysan.
g. Imperator – Sword frigate squadron (3), Captain Haysan.
h. Strongwind – Escort Carrier transporting Major Tavers’ men.
i. Hail Terra, Worshipful, Grace of War – Heavy Transports.
j. 501st, 502nd – Fury Interceptor wings.
k. 232nd, 235th – Starhawk Bomber wings.

Battlegroup Hammerstrike

A. Imperial Guard
a. General Bacca – commanding officer of the 45th Lunda Mechanized.
b. Colonel Nosamus – commanding officer of the 23rd Lunda Mechanized.
c. Colonel Aeos – commanding officer of the 219th Lunda Mechanized.
d. Colonel Ucheos – commanding officer of the 323rd Lunda Mechanized.
e. Colonel Karbe – commanding officer of the 51st Veranan Infantry.
f. Colonel Corale – commanding officer of the 122nd Gayara Siege Infantry.
g. Colonel Byran - commanding officer of the 128th Gayara Siege Infantry.

B. Imperial Navy – Hesperon Crusade Fleet
a. Spear of Ullor – Dominator cruiser, Commander Jeyan, 2nd Fleet.
b. Wrath of Varra – Endurance light cruiser, Captain Buchar, 2nd Fleet.
c. Throne – Lunar Battlecruiser, Captain Ganava, 1st Fleet.
d. Guns of Glory – Dictator-class cruiser, Captain Carzolli, 1st Fleet.
e. Long Spear – Endeavour light cruiser (2), Captain Chayan, 1st Fleet.
f. Heavy Hands - Cobra destroyer squadron (4), captain Natheniel, 1st Fleet.
g. Revelator – Heavy Transport.
h. Tribunes – Cetaceus-class Troopship Squadron (5).
i. Harius Colmer (One, Four) – Cetaceus-class Troopship Squadron.
j. 503rd, 3302nd – Fury Interceptor wings.
k. 233rd, 234th – Starhawk Bomber wings.

This is all I have at the moment for Alnedos. This is pretty much the initial stages. I will be writing some more later in this week regarding the attack on the shipyards itself and the subsequent siege of the hive world itself.

The plan is that initially things go over really well for the Imperium but rebel counterattacks punish them severely. What was meant to be a quick siege turns into a long drawn out affair. There may even be fractures in the crusade command council.

Feel free to rip into this.
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
User avatar
shadowhawk2008
 
Posts: 7716
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:17 am
Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution


Re: War Engagement

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:20 pm

Bible v5.0 is now up as well.

Spoiler: username: bolthole || password: 1mper1um

Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
User avatar
shadowhawk2008
 
Posts: 7716
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:17 am
Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution


Re: War Engagement

Postby Commander Shadow » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:23 pm

There you go, nearly 100,000 brave conscripted bastards and their armor and cannon


III Corps under Corps Commander Colonel Mazzta
Men: 94,470
Guns: 1,350 heavy pieces
Vehicles- 222, not including support vehicles

92nd Gayara Siege Infantry- under command of Colonel Mazzta

20 Infantry Companies- 14,000 men (700 men per company including 50 attached commissariat per company)

3 heavy artillery Companies- 225 pieces (75 pieces per company) and 1,500 artillery men
2 Siege tank Companies- 20 tanks, 12 supporting Trojan/Atlas vehicles (10 leman russ demolishers, 4 Trojans, 2 Atlas, per company) (156 men and 34 mechanicum adepts)
1 Breaching Tank Company- five marachrius pattern heavy assault tanks (50 men and 5 mechanicum adepts)

Assorted supply vehicles

Total men: 15,745


109th Gayara Siege Infantry- under command of Colonel Uaeni


20 Infantry Companies- 14,000 men (700 men per company including 50 attached commissariat per company)

3 heavy artillery Companies- 225 pieces (75 pieces per company) and 1,500 artillery men
2 Siege tank Companies- 20 tanks, 12 supporting Trojan/Atlas vehicles (10 leman russ demolishers, 4 Trojans, 2 Atlas, per company) (156 men and 34 mechanicum adepts)
1 Breaching Tank Company- five marachrius pattern heavy assault tanks (50 men and 5 mechanicum adepts)

Assorted supply vehicles

Total men: 15,745



122nd Gayara Siege Infantry- under command of Colonel Corale

20 Infantry Companies- 14,000 men (700 men per company including 50 attached commissariat per company)

3 heavy artillery Companies- 225 pieces (75 pieces per company) and 1,500 artillery men
2 Siege tank Companies- 20 tanks, 12 supporting Trojan/Atlas vehicles (10 leman russ demolishers, 4 Trojans, 2 Atlas, per company) (156 men and 34 mechanicum adepts)
1 Breaching Tank Company- five marachrius pattern heavy assault tanks (50 men and 5 mechanicum adepts)

Assorted supply vehicles

Total men: 15,745


128th Gayara Siege Infantry- under command of Colonel Byran

20 Infantry Companies- 14,000 men (700 men per company including 50 attached commissariat per company)

3 heavy artillery Companies- 225 pieces (75 pieces per company) and 1,500 artillery men
2 Siege tank Companies- 20 tanks, 12 supporting Trojan/Atlas vehicles (10 leman russ demolishers, 4 Trojans, 2 Atlas, per company) (156 men and 34 mechanicum adepts)
1 Breaching Tank Company- five marachrius pattern heavy assault tanks (50 men and 5 mechanicum adepts)

Assorted supply vehicles

Total men: 15,745



132nd Gayara Siege Infantry- under command of Colonel Nuyu


20 Infantry Companies- 14,000 men (700 men per company including 50 attached commissariat per company)

3 heavy artillery Companies- 225 pieces (75 pieces per company) and 1,500 artillery men
2 Siege tank Companies- 20 tanks, 12 supporting Trojan/Atlas vehicles (10 leman russ demolishers, 4 Trojans, 2 Atlas, per company) (156 men and 34 mechanicum adepts)
1 Breaching Tank Company- five marachrius pattern heavy assault tanks (50 men and 5 mechanicum adepts)

Assorted supply vehicles

Total men: 15,745


137th Gayara Siege Infantry- under command of Colonel Huranius

20 Infantry Companies- 14,000 men (700 men per company including 50 attached commissariat per company)

3 heavy artillery Companies- 225 pieces (75 pieces per company) and 1,500 artillery men
2 Siege tank Companies- 20 tanks, 12 supporting Trojan/Atlas vehicles (10 leman russ demolishers, 4 Trojans, 2 Atlas, per company) (156 men and 34 mechanicum adepts)
1 Breaching Tank Company- five marachrius pattern heavy assault tanks (50 men and 5 mechanicum adepts)

Assorted supply vehicles

Total men: 15,745
- And there arose from the abyss a terrible beast and the armies of man were laid low by the walls of the ancient city. The ground shook and the skies trembled and all knew as the beast had come forth and that the end of time was upon them.

"Shadow is always right, except when he tries to save his men from charging orks" - Ang
User avatar
Commander Shadow
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:37 am
Location: Washingto DC, USA


Re: War Engagement

Postby Commander Shadow » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:00 pm

Slight problem with the over-all stratagey. Your plan calls for a drive through the system's defenses, a "running the gauntlet" as it were. I'm not sure if this would be the best stratagey, perhaps the initial strike could begin in a series of waves, Astates (doing what they do best), could be used as the first wave to neutralize a corridor of system defenses, the second wave of drop troopers, sisters, and possibly naval armsmen (they're used to close in fighting) would then take the shipyards while the marines return to take out any heavy resistance (this leaves room for all sorts of wonderful things to go wrong).

Though typical in Imperial fasion i'm not sure the "damn-the-torpedoes-full-speed-ahead" sort of attitude in respect to the orbital defenses could probably result in a number of Naval ships going down before any of the assualting soldiers have a chance to get onto rebel instalations.

The second wave however seems fine to me in terms of stratagey, i assume the drop troopers will be taking part in this?

Per the 135th Veranan's 3 companies assigned to taking of the mining colony, i agree upon your deployment plan. I did notice how you left the 135th Veranan out of the Second Assault, opting to have the 51st Verana. Any particular reason for this? I thought it might leave the regiment fragmented and split up across two star systems, maybe we should include the 135th to the second wave, picking up their deployed companies en route to Aneldos?

Another question, Will there be Tau and Rebel starships in the sector?
- And there arose from the abyss a terrible beast and the armies of man were laid low by the walls of the ancient city. The ground shook and the skies trembled and all knew as the beast had come forth and that the end of time was upon them.

"Shadow is always right, except when he tries to save his men from charging orks" - Ang
User avatar
Commander Shadow
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:37 am
Location: Washingto DC, USA


Re: War Engagement

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:02 pm


Latest Crusade Intelligence Corps has reported rumours of a Tau naval strike group in the Alnedos system. The Ordo Xenos has been advised and a response is awaited.

Captain Rossa's response during the intelligence briefing was simply 'The heretics will be purged and the xenos eradicated.'
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
User avatar
shadowhawk2008
 
Posts: 7716
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:17 am
Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution


Re: War Engagement

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:11 pm

Commander Shadow wrote:Slight problem with the over-all stratagey. Your plan calls for a drive through the system's defenses, a "running the gauntlet" as it were. I'm not sure if this would be the best stratagey, perhaps the initial strike could begin in a series of waves, Astates (doing what they do best), could be used as the first wave to neutralize a corridor of system defenses, the second wave of drop troopers, sisters, and possibly naval armsmen (they're used to close in fighting) would then take the shipyards while the marines return to take out any heavy resistance (this leaves room for all sorts of wonderful things to go wrong).

Though typical in Imperial fasion i'm not sure the "damn-the-torpedoes-full-speed-ahead" sort of attitude in respect to the orbital defenses could probably result in a number of Naval ships going down before any of the assualting soldiers have a chance to get onto rebel instalations.

The second wave however seems fine to me in terms of stratagey, i assume the drop troopers will be taking part in this?

Per the 135th Veranan's 3 companies assigned to taking of the mining colony, i agree upon your deployment plan. I did notice how you left the 135th Veranan out of the Second Assault, opting to have the 51st Verana. Any particular reason for this? I thought it might leave the regiment fragmented and split up across two star systems, maybe we should include the 135th to the second wave, picking up their deployed companies en route to Aneldos?

Another question, Will there be Tau and Rebel starships in the sector?



Crusade Council Briefing - Confidential.

Strike force Spearthrust will be responsible for neutralizing enemy strongpoints at locations Kappa-1, Kappa-2, Gamma-Prime and Gamma-9.

Spearthrust will deploy to the shipyard via specialized boarding torpedoes, Caestus assault rams, Thunderhawk gunships and Avalanche-class landers. Fighter support from the 501st and 502nd will be provided for the entry. Once inside, teams of specialists will seal the breaching points and the battle for control of the shipyard will begin.

Captain Rossa's marines will be responsible for the shipyard command and control bunker. Canoness Marin's Sororitas will attempt to force their way to the engine rooms. High Colonel Octaivi's troops will be responsible for neutralizing the enemy troops, taking control of the shipyard's life support systems and locking down the docked vessels.

3 Companies of the 135th Veranan will also be assigned to Spearthrust. The rest of the regiment will be deployed on ************************************************************************.

Hammerstrike will be responsible for breaching the orbital defenses alongside the specialized assets of the Sable Swords and the naval vessels of Spearthrust.
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
User avatar
shadowhawk2008
 
Posts: 7716
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:17 am
Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution


Re: War Engagement

Postby Commander Shadow » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:10 pm

shadowhawk2008 wrote:
Crusade Council Briefing - Confidential.

Strike force Spearthrust will be responsible for neutralizing enemy strongpoints at locations Kappa-1, Kappa-2, Gamma-Prime and Gamma-9.

Spearthrust will deploy to the shipyard via specialized boarding torpedoes, Caestus assault rams, Thunderhawk gunships and Avalanche-class landers. Fighter support from the 501st and 502nd will be provided for the entry. Once inside, teams of specialists will seal the breaching points and the battle for control of the shipyard will begin.

Captain Rossa's marines will be responsible for the shipyard command and control bunker. Canoness Marin's Sororitas will attempt to force their way to the engine rooms. High Colonel Octaivi's troops will be responsible for neutralizing the enemy troops, taking control of the shipyard's life support systems and locking down the docked vessels.

3 Companies of the 135th Veranan will also be assigned to Spearthrust. The rest of the regiment will be deployed on ************************************************************************.

Hammerstrike will be responsible for breaching the orbital defenses alongside the specialized assets of the Sable Swords and the naval vessels of Spearthrust.


Message Incomming-
423rd Imperial Battlegroup Central Command
-All Praise Be To the God-Emperor He Who Guards Our Souls-


Re: Guard Deployment in the Alnedos System

It is to the Lord Marshal's under standing that the regiments in question;

212nd Numandi Drop regiment
312nd Numandi Drop regiment
411th Numandi Drop regiment

and the small arms formation drawn from:

135th Veranan Grenadiers [3 companies]

will be participating in the intial phases of the Invasion of Alnedos OPERATION SPEARTHRUST. As well as the regiments:

45th Lunda Mechanized.
23rd Lunda Mechanized.
219th Lunda Mechanized.
323rd Lunda Mechanized.
51st Veranan Infantry.
122nd Gayara Siege Infantry.
128th Gayara Siege Infantry.

to be deployed in the second phase of the invasion OPERATION HAMMERSTRIKE.

The listed regiments have little training or specialization in the handling of orbital engadgements. Per the assigned orders it appears that the said regiments will be tasked with capturing orbital instalations, rather than deployed onto the ground. Consultation with Admiral Vitruis' staff suggest that the detatchments aboard the assigned cruisers and escorts would be better suited to taking these instalations.

There is still a small discrepancy as to the location of the 135th Veranan Grenadiers, mark as en transit to the Straffen system. No messages have been recieved by the Crusade staff at Renbar's Cross from the transport's astropath. They are assumed by the crusade staff to have experienced warp interference and will be marked as missing in transit until such time as they reappear.

It has come to the Lord Marshal's attention that the deployment of the entire complement of the Crusade's armored regiments will leave the Veranan and Gayara Regiments currently embattled upon Straffen will be without dedicated tank support. More over that the Caldona 39th and 402nd deployed to Ferrum IV and conducting operations in aims of securing the mines will be without any armour.

However, if the time tables are to be met than there should be no problems with the deployment of the Lunda Regiments, the Straffen System scheduled to be secured in the comming months.

Regiments being held in reserve and/or being organized for deployment into neighboring systems remain pending.

-May He Who Rests Upon The Throne Watch Over You-





(Just thought i'd answer in a simillar fashion, pretty much means go ahead! lets see how this turns out)
- And there arose from the abyss a terrible beast and the armies of man were laid low by the walls of the ancient city. The ground shook and the skies trembled and all knew as the beast had come forth and that the end of time was upon them.

"Shadow is always right, except when he tries to save his men from charging orks" - Ang
User avatar
Commander Shadow
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:37 am
Location: Washingto DC, USA


Re: War Engagement

Postby Razhbad » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:40 am

First off i'd like to say how impressed i am with all of this, i myself will be putting up a load of inquisitorial back story on perhaps the combined work of the ordo xenos/heriticus' reasoning for the rebellions. This is perhaps secrecy backstory on to the entire war. Then i'll produce details on a particular investigation and finally i'll do a Tau counter attack which will see the Deathwatch engage the Kroot.

Once more thank you all for your hard work which is very well done.
User avatar
Razhbad
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:28 am
Location: Maelstrom


Re: War Engagement

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:42 am

Razhbad wrote:First off i'd like to say how impressed i am with all of this, i myself will be putting up a load of inquisitorial back story on perhaps the combined work of the ordo xenos/heriticus' reasoning for the rebellions. This is perhaps secrecy backstory on to the entire war. Then i'll produce details on a particular investigation and finally i'll do a Tau counter attack which will see the Deathwatch engage the Kroot.

Once more thank you all for your hard work which is very well done.


Awaiting details!
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
User avatar
shadowhawk2008
 
Posts: 7716
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:17 am
Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution


Re: War Engagement

Postby Commander Shadow » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:45 pm

would you like me to draw up so ground level timeline for the Marn's Reach Campaign? Which regiments, what happened, etc?
- And there arose from the abyss a terrible beast and the armies of man were laid low by the walls of the ancient city. The ground shook and the skies trembled and all knew as the beast had come forth and that the end of time was upon them.

"Shadow is always right, except when he tries to save his men from charging orks" - Ang
User avatar
Commander Shadow
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:37 am
Location: Washingto DC, USA

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Planning and Discussion Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests