What's your reading speed?

Extraneous communication, genuflection, adulation, dissection and admiration should make its way in here.

What's your reading speed?

Postby Therion » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:13 am

Found this test some time ago:
My Read Speed

The texts have varied complexity, so test these two texts for comparison to be valid:

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer

Great Expectations

My results:

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer

183 words per minute

Great Expectations

131 words per minute

I read much less lately because I have problems absorbing information (poor working memory and attention due to trauma)
My DeviantArt Gallery

The pretensions of respect for work that the intellectual property fanatics hold evaporate as soon as the work in question is performed by a citizen of a "developing country".

World without justice and equality, without profound respect for humans and their life, their work, world based on power, be it economic power, political power or military power is the ultimate degradation of human being as an individual. Such a world is the ultimate heresy.
Therion

Re: What's your reading speed?

Postby Athelassan » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:36 pm

701 wpm for Tom Sawyer and 481 for Great Expectations, but the text formatting was terrible, with words running into each other and a number of typos. With no way of testing comprehension or retention, either, I have doubts about the reliability of this test.

Ath
Athelassan

Return to Board index

Return to Insanely Off Topic