What's your reading speed?

Extraneous communication, genuflection, adulation, dissection and admiration should make its way in here.

What's your reading speed?

Postby Therion » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:13 am

Found this test some time ago:
My Read Speed

The texts have varied complexity, so test these two texts for comparison to be valid:

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer

Great Expectations

My results:

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer

183 words per minute

Great Expectations

131 words per minute

I read much less lately because I have problems absorbing information (poor working memory and attention due to trauma)
"There can be no bystanders in the battle for survival. Anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush" -Scriptorus Munificantus
Therion

Re: What's your reading speed?

Postby Athelassan » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:36 pm

701 wpm for Tom Sawyer and 481 for Great Expectations, but the text formatting was terrible, with words running into each other and a number of typos. With no way of testing comprehension or retention, either, I have doubts about the reliability of this test.

Ath
Athelassan

Re: What's your reading speed?

Postby Therion » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:06 pm

Athelassan wrote:701 wpm for Tom Sawyer and 481 for Great Expectations, but the text formatting was terrible, with words running into each other and a number of typos. With no way of testing comprehension or retention, either, I have doubts about the reliability of this test.

I assume people re-read stuff they didn't comprehend like I do? Or is your result just for reading words without comprehension?
"There can be no bystanders in the battle for survival. Anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush" -Scriptorus Munificantus
Therion

Return to Board index

Return to Insanely Off Topic