Doctor Who

Extraneous communication, genuflection, adulation, dissection and admiration should make its way in here.

Doctor Who

Postby Athelassan » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:48 pm

Catching up on this. Did World Enough and Time manage to do the apparently impossible and make the least scary regular adversaries of the Doctor actually disturbing?

Sadly the biggest "surprise reveal" of the episode was spoiled for me by the listing in the paper. Why do they do that?

Ath
Athelassan

Re: Doctor Who

Postby Chun the Unavoidable » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:50 pm

Yeah, old-school gimp-mask cybermen are pretty disconcerting. This -dependant on the last episode- was the best of the the season for me. They'd better not do away with Missy, though.
Chun the Unavoidable

Postby Xisor » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:48 am

Michelle G has said she'd be out alongside Capaldi, as they're good pals and it wouldn't feel right continuing without the crew. Which is a shame, but also understandable.

---

As for the episode, I think I rather loved it. It's been a grand wee season, all told. Pearl Mackie is very good onscreen, is given great stories, and works wonderfully with Capaldi. Following on Heaven Sent (and mostly forgetting Hell Bent) it's been an ace run. I'll be sad to see them all go, but i'm hopeful we'll one-day get some tremendous Capaldi/Gomez Big Finish audios too.

(I've been listening to a lot of the audios of late.)
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby narrativium » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:37 pm

The surprise reveal - most of them, actually - seemed to have been spoiled in last week's 'Next Time' if they hadn't already been spoiled in the 'Coming Soon' teaser after the first episode of this season. Dreadful marketing bruised an episode which deserved the element of surprise.

In other news, Big Finish have announced a run of stories featuring Derek Jacobi, entitled The War Master. (A pretty cool direction to go in, as I'd assume John Hurt's War Doctor audios have gone down well, and McGann's Doctor is getting some Time War tales soon too.) So, still more Master to come.
narrativium

Return to Board index

Return to Insanely Off Topic