Your favorite quotes

Extraneous communication, genuflection, adulation, dissection and admiration should make its way in here.

Re: Your favorite quotes

Postby Gaius Marius » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:10 pm

'Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong.' Mordin

'My turn. HeHeHeHe' - Grunt
Space Cowboy, Spartan II, Specter, Reclusiarch

'I see the fear you have inside.'
Gaius Marius

Postby Lord of the Night » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:10 am

Grimmjow Jeagerjaquez: (To Ichigo Kurosaki) "You are a Shinigami and I am a Hollow! Whichever side losses will be annihilated. That's how it's always been for thousands of years. Do you need any other reason to fight? Come on. The one who remains standing will return alive. That's all it comes down to!"

Nnoitra Gilga: "Every fuckin' one of 'em, they have the gall to take pity on me. And they don't even know how much they're hurtin' me by doin' it. I don't do "mercy". Strong, weak, infant, monster. I just smash 'em all to pieces. I don't give 'em the chance to get up a second time."

Ulquiorra Cifer: (To Orihime Inoue) "Hearts, you say? You Humans are always so quick to speak of such things. As though you carry your hearts in the very palms of your hands. But this eye of mine perceives all. There is nothing that it overlooks. If this eye cannot see a thing, then it does not exist. That is the assumption under which I have always fought. What is this "heart"? If I tear open that chest of yours, will I see it there? If I smash open that skull of yours, will I see it there?"

Ulquiorra Cifer: (While dying and reaching out to Orihime Inoue) "I see. This. Yes. This thing in my hand is the heart?"

Sōsuke Aizen: (To Renji Abarai) "The Sōsuke Aizen you knew...never existed to begin with."

Sōsuke Aizen: (To Shinji Hirako) "All living creatures place their faith in someone more powerful than them and they cannot survive unless they blindly follow that person. The recipient of that faith then seeks out someone in an even higher position in order to escape from the pressure. That person then seeks out someone even more powerful that he must put his faith in. In this way all kings are born and in this way all Gods are born. Do not believe in me yet, Hirako Shinji for now I shall slowly teach you who the God is that you will put your faith in. Believing in me comes after that.

Sōsuke Aizen: (To Ichigo Kurosaki) "I suppose it is only to be expected. You have my pity. There is no such thing as 'truth' or 'lies' in this world; there never has been. There is only plain, hard facts. And yet, all beings who exist in this world take only those 'facts' that are convenient to them, and take them to be the 'truth'. They do so because they know no other way to live. However, for those powerless beings that make up the majority of this world it is those 'facts' that are inconvenient for their own self-affirmation that make up the real 'truth'."

Mayuri Kurotsuchi: (To Szayel Aporro Granz) "There is nothing in this world that is truly "perfect". Though it may be a rather large cliché, it is still the truth. It is the ordinary people who look up to "perfection" as an ideal and seek after it. But in truth, what is this idea of "perfection" truly worth? Nothing. Not a single thing. I detest "perfection". To be "perfect" is to be unable to improve any further. There would be no scope for "creation", not a single gap in one's knowledge or one's ability. Do you see now? To true scientists like you and I, "Perfection" is tantamount to "despair". We aspire to reach greater levels of brilliance than ever before, but never, NEVER, to reach perfection. That is the paradox through which we scientists must struggle. Indeed, it is our duty to find pleasure in that struggle. In other words, the second you allowed yourself to spout a ridiculous word like "perfect", in truth, you had already been defeated. That is if you wish to be treated as a scientist."

Byakuya Kuchiki: (To Zommari Rureaux) "I have already told you. You and I, our levels are as distant as the earth from the heavens. Must I spell it out for you? I have discarded my left arm, discarded my left leg, and yet even so, I have not nearly lowered myself to your level."

Ichigo Kurosaki: (To Gin Ichimaru) "I'm not saying I don't remember your blade. I'm saying I don't remember your heart. When you cross blades, you can tell a little of what your opponent's thinking. I'm not saying you can read their mind or anything like that, but you can tell what kind of resolve lies behind their blade, whether they respect you or look down on you. That kind of thing, you can tell. When I'm actually fighting, there's no time to think about it, so I don't usually realize until afterwards, but in general, the stronger the opponent is, the more of that "heart" seems to come across."

Bleach has so many great quotes. Practically everything that Sōsuke Aizen, Gin Ichimaru and many other characters say is just badass.

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby Mossy Toes » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:02 am

Let's just throw up a few from A Requiem for Homo Sapiens, shall we?

"I am sodden beneath wrappings of flesh;
I am golden beneath the morning sky;
I am holy beneath my evaporating flesh;
I am naked beneath the plutonium sky."
-Dawud, warrior-poet

"Why is man uniquely cursed with war? The answer to this question is both historic and evolutionary: We walk the brink of racial suicide because we were smart enough to make the atom bombs and stupid enough to use them."
-From A Requiem For Homo Sapiens, by Horthy Hosthoh, Timekeeper and Lord Horologe of the Order of Mystic Mathematicians and Other Seekers of the Ineffable Flame

"I do not know what I may appear to the world, but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me."
-Sir Isaac Newton

"All of history is man's attempt to find his proper relationship to God."
-Horthy Hosthoh, from A Requiem for Homo Sapiens

"Every time consciousness contemplates itself, it must fall into in infinite regress. At the end of this infinite spiral into neverness is God--or Hell. Hell was created when God gave human beings the power to behold themselves, just as they are."
-Horthy Hosthoh, from A Requiem for Homo Sapiens

"I am the eye with which the Universe
Beholds itself and knows itself divine."
-Percy Bysshe Shelley

"Whole civilizations have spent their spiritual wealth asking where the soul goes after death. A better question would have been: Where was the soul before you were born?"
-a Fravashi koan

"Who would bring light must endure burning."
-from Man's Journey, by Nikolos Daru Ede
What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator!
Mossy Toes

Postby Raziel4707 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:18 am

"Ok... now can we have an answer from someone who is not a complete retard?" - Mr Garrison.

"It's banned in several European countries, so that must mean it's VERY good." - Father Ted

"Oh my God! He drank an entire bottle of Dreamy Sleepy Nighty Snoozy-Snooze!" - Father Ted

"Got the forfeit, Ted! Dick said it was an extra-special forfeit, because you were such a big cheatin' bastard." - Father Dougal McGuire.

"There's nothing stupid about football! And there's nothing at all stupid about the Annual All-Priests Five-a-Side over 75s Indoor Football Challenge Match, against Rugged Island!" - Father Ted.

"It's a... it's a... it's a small, off-duty Czechoslovakian Traffic Warden!" - Kryten.

"He's a SHMEEEE. HEEEEEE. A SHMEEEEEE. HEEEEEE." Kryten.
Raziel4707

Postby Raziel4707 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:14 am

"The things we do online, echo in eternity..." The Van Vuuren Bros. from "Sick".

(Here's the trailer, remember the Fully Sick Rapper? Well, him and his brother won a competition with MTV to produce their own show! Contains some swearing and a bucket-load of AWESOME.Trailer for "Sick!"
Raziel4707

Postby Lord of the Night » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:54 pm

Every single thing that Dr. Gregory House says. He is that awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bhNvDD8nHE

One of his best quotes EVER!

Dr. Foreman: Isn't treating patients why we became doctors?
Dr. House: No, treating illnesses is why we became doctors. Treating patients is what makes most doctors miserable.

House: Right and wrong do exist. Just because you don't know what the right answer is, even if there is no way for you to know what the right answer is, doesn't make your answer right or even okay. It's much simpler than that... It's just plain WRONG!

Assistant: I'm Dr. Cuddy's new assistant. Can I tell her what it's regarding?
Dr. House: Yes! I would like to know why she gets a secretary and I don't.
Assistant: I'm her assistant, not her secretary. I graduated from Rutgers.
Dr. House: Hmm... I didn't know they had a secretarial school. Well, I hope you took some classes in sexual harassment law. Does the word "ka-ching" mean anything to you? I'm going in now.

Patient: I'm a virgin, so is my fiancé.
House: I believe him.
Patient: Are there other ways I could get pregnant? Like...sitting on a toilet seat?
House: Absolutely. There would need to be a guy sitting between you and a toilet seat, but yes, absolutely. [Before walking out] I was doing so well...

Dr. House: Start counting.
[The patient takes his pulse]
Dr. House: How many?
Patient: 26.
Dr. House: Either you suck at math, or you're going to die in two seconds.
[A moment passes, and nothing happens]
Dr. House: You suck at math.

Cuddy: House, if you don't know how to diagnose an illness, it really doesn't help to gather a bunch of people who don't know how to diagnose the illness.
House: It does on Wikipedia.

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby Bloodsage » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:00 pm

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell;
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, as quoted by John Milton

Words to live by.
Bloodsage

Postby Jim Shady » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:02 am

Pyroriffic wrote:
Raziel4707 wrote:Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne.

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction, of retribution, manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible c**t. ME. - Bricktop.

From the same film...

Vinny wrote:It's behind you Tyrone. Whenever you reverse, things come from behind you.

WIN!

I also like;

"Boris the Blade, or Boris "the Bullet Dodger." As bent as the Soviet sickle, and as hard as the hammer that crosses it. Apparently, it's just impossible to kill the bastard."

:D

I could post Snatch quotes all day...
Ah me lads, ye shud only seen us gannin',
We pass'd the foaks upon the road just as they wor stannin';
Thor wes lots o' lads an' lasses there, all wi' smiling faces,
Gawn alang the Scotswood Road, to see the Blaydon Races
Jim Shady

Postby Raziel4707 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:11 am

"F**k me, hold tight. What's that?"

"It's me belt, Turkish."

"No, Tommy. There's a gun in your trousers. What's a gun doing in your trousers?"

"It's for protection."

"Protection from what? "Zee Germans"?"

Yeah. This could go on, and on, and on... Has to be one of the most quotable movies of all time.

"KICK BISHOP BRENNAN UP THE ARSE!"
Raziel4707

Postby Blinded » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:00 pm

Ah, Snatch... I especially liked Boris the Blade... the man was so tough a full mag was not enough to kill him at point blank.

And that reminded me of my favorite quote from that movie:

Avi: Eighty-six carats.
Rosebud: Where?
Avi: London.
Rosebud: London?
Avi: London.
Avi's Colleague: London?
Avi: Yes, London. You know: fish, chips, cup 'o tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary %^#&(%@!! Poppins... LONDON.

And here's an Avatar:TLA/TLA/Snatch web-comic that involves my favorite memory from it:

Worm and W40K are both dieing worlds, but while Worm is barely managing to avoid getting swallowed up, 40K is trying to stab Death in the eye with a chainsaw. - .IronSun.
Blinded

Postby Mauthos » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:23 pm

A long quote but still one of my favorites from Red Dwarf:

The Cat: So, what is it?
Kryten: I've never seen one before - no one has - but I'm guessing it's a white hole.
Rimmer: A *white* hole?
Kryten: Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. A black hole sucks time and matter out of the Universe; a white hole returns it.
Lister: So, that thing's spewing time...
Lister: ... back into the Universe?
Kryten: Precisely. That's why we're experiencing these curious time phenomena on board.
Kryten: I've never seen one before - no one has - but I'm guessing it's a white hole.
Rimmer: A *white* hole?
Kryten: Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. A black hole sucks time and matter out of the Universe; a white hole returns it.
Lister: So, that thing's spewing time...
Lister: ... back into the Universe?
Kryten: Precisely. That's why we're experiencing these curious time phenomena on board.
Lister: What time phenomena?
Kryten: Like just then, when time repeated itself.

The Cat: Only joking.
Simplicity is the key to brilliance.
Mauthos

Postby Mauthos » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:26 pm

Oh, as well as another one from Red Dwarf: Polymorph:

Rimmer: Erm, I think we're losing sight of the real issue here, which is: what are we gonna call ourselves? Erm, and I think it comes down to a choice between "The League Against Salivating Monsters" or my own personal preference, which is "The Committee for the Liberation and Integration of Terrifying Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Society." Erm, one drawback with that: the abbreviation is "CLITORIS."
Simplicity is the key to brilliance.
Mauthos

Postby Raziel4707 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:35 pm

Ha! Fantastic, huge fan of Red Dwarf and those are two fine quotes!

From that show there are just so many, but one of my all-time favourites is from Ace Rimmer himself:

"Princess Bonjela, I'm Ace Rimmer. There'll be time for explanations later and, hopefully, some sex."

And a rare bit of brilliant dialogue from Captain Hollister!

"I also suspect that someone, possibly Lister, has given Rimmer access to the crew's confidential files, and he's using this information to blackmail his way up the chain of command. It's sickening. It's unforgivable. But it's a technique that can work. I should know; I used the same method myself to become captain. If the crew discover I'm really just Dennis the Doughnut Boy, I'm finished."
Raziel4707

Postby Jim Shady » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:49 pm

Red Dwarf is amazing. Cannot wait for the new episodes to finish filming!

Rimmer: "You don't think there's anything amiss? I'm sitting here wearing a red and white checked gingham dress and army boots and you think that's un-amiss?"

Good link for random quotes is - http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/reddwarf/factbox/
Jim Shady

Postby sam vimes » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:39 pm

Dwarfers yes well seeing as the door has been opened

Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."

Lister: "Don't give me the Star Trek crap. It's too early in the morning."

" Mr Flibble says: Game Over, boys!" "
"Huron-Fal’s systems were on the verge of shutdown ... ‘This death,’ rasped the voder, ‘this death is ours. We choose it. We deny you your victory.’

"Abandon your fear. Look forward. Move forward and never stop. You'll age if you pull back. You'll die if you hesitate."

"From iron cometh strength. From strength cometh will. From will cometh faith. From faith cometh honour. From honour cometh iron." "And may it ever be so"
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby David Earle » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:49 am

"When I press this switch, I will die. The poison in that projectile injector will kill me in a moment. It is a perfect, efficient, killing machine.

It will be painless, they say. They tell me they know the pain I am in as if they could, and that just by pressing this switch I will end that suffering, forever. They say I should be the one to do it... but they are weak. They cannot bring themselves to look at me, let along kill me. They hesitate. They fear me. Even when I am like this, and they have their perfect, pure, strong bodies, they fear me. And well they should. I am no longer like them. I am above them. I have the ultimate power, the power of life and death! This... body, this is my dominion. Mine to command! No one else's!

I can sense them, out there, in the corridor. Cowering, not daring to speak. They are the frail ones. They are the crippled. They are the ones without choice! They. Will. Die! They will lose this war and they will die! I could join them in defeat and death. But, if I survive, then something stronger will emerge! A new race, the supreme power in the universe!

I will not press this switch! I will not cower! I will not die! I will not die! This is not the end! This is only... the beginning!"

Davros, from the audio drama of the same name. It's really hard to get across how chilling this is in prose, so click on this link, minimize the window (because the video is entirely unnecessary), and have a listen for yourself.
Check out my blog!

"David is very very old, but also slow, he creeps up behind you without you noticing and then just as his non-breath fails to be felt against your neck he pounces and gives you an informative post." - schaferwhat‽

Ogunzhar lives!
David Earle

Postby Xisor » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:24 am

"Anything else in the box, Pandora?" - Niles Crane to Frasier.
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Ragnar Blackmane » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:28 am

"It could be witches, some evil witches... which is ridiculous, cause witches they where persecuted, wicca good and love the earth and women power and i'l be over here." - Alexander 'Xander' Harris.
You don't accuse witches of anything. You completley bow down to their ever whim- they can alter reality with their bloody minds. Capitulation is the only option.

"Justify yourself" - Need I mention?
For obvious reasons.

"Do you know what 'nemesis' means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible c**t... me." -Bricktop
Because Nemisis would have soooo been better with bricktop.

"You can't ask questions, it's magic. It doesn't explain anything, it's magic. You don't know where it comes from, it's magic! That's what I don't like about magic, it does everything by magic!"

"Students eh? Love 'em or hate 'em, you're not allowed to hit 'em with a shovel!"

"THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU, THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE"

"I've starved a few times. There's no future in it. Ate a man's leg when we were snowed up in the Ibblestarn campaign but, fair's fair, he ate mine. Well, it's not on, is it, eating your own leg? You'd probably go blind."
The Wolfblade's eyes grew unfocused. He blinked once, and smiled. 'Don't take too long getting to the Halls of Russ,' he said, almost too faint to hear,'or I'll have drunk all the good ale before you get there.' He tried to laugh, but the breath escaped in a gentle sigh and the mighty warrior grew still.
Ragnar Blackmane

Postby Mossy Toes » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:37 am

Ragnar Blackmane wrote:"I've starved a few times. There's no future in it. Ate a man's leg when we were snowed up in the Ibblestarn campaign but, fair's fair, he ate mine. Well, it's not on, is it, eating your own leg? You'd probably go blind."

That's Monstrous Regiment, isn't it? I like that character. As I recall, Death said he was "on an installment plan".
What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator!
Mossy Toes

Postby Jim Shady » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:02 am

Some Oz quotes from Auf Wiedersehen, Pet :D

Herr Ulrich: Danke schon.
Oz: And donkey shite to you too, pal.

Oz: You know the difference between a hedgehog and a Range Rover, divvn't you?
Dennis: No.
Oz: A hedgehog's got pricks on the outside.

Oz: I was just saying to Barry there, owning a wife's very similar to owning a dog. It's just a pity one license costs a hell of a lot more than the other.
Jim Shady

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Insanely Off Topic