Your favorite quotes

Extraneous communication, genuflection, adulation, dissection and admiration should make its way in here.

Re: Your favorite quotes

Postby Blinded » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:02 pm

"You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment."-Francis Urquhart
And
"You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment."-Francis Urquhart

Two comments for all occasions.
Worm and W40K are both dieing worlds, but while Worm is barely managing to avoid getting swallowed up, 40K is trying to stab Death in the eye with a chainsaw. - .IronSun.
Blinded

Postby Blinded » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:34 am

Good does not equal "Nice".-Lucillia, a fanfic writer on Albus Dumbledore.
Worm and W40K are both dieing worlds, but while Worm is barely managing to avoid getting swallowed up, 40K is trying to stab Death in the eye with a chainsaw. - .IronSun.
Blinded

Postby Mossy Toes » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:38 am

HafezFromParadox wrote:"We've blown the fore starboard hog!!"

Girl Genius, eh?
What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator!
Mossy Toes

Postby Malcador » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:24 pm

Was rewatching Only Fools and Horses, when suddenly:

"The Doctor says I'll live but he don't recommend it."

- Delboy Trotter
If you can't lower Heaven, RAISE HELL!
Malcador

Postby Xisor » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:05 pm

"There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible things. Things which act against everything we believe in. They must be fought."
- The Second Doctor.
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby sam vimes » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:32 pm

“In Christianity neither morality nor religion come into contact with reality at any point.”
Friedrich Nietzsche
"Huron-Fal’s systems were on the verge of shutdown ... ‘This death,’ rasped the voder, ‘this death is ours. We choose it. We deny you your victory.’

"Abandon your fear. Look forward. Move forward and never stop. You'll age if you pull back. You'll die if you hesitate."

"From iron cometh strength. From strength cometh will. From will cometh faith. From faith cometh honour. From honour cometh iron." "And may it ever be so"
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby sam vimes » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:18 am

the human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty. if you wish to find that which becomes the dividing line between mankind and other biological classifications, it rests not in brain size, dominance, or even emotional capability, but lies in the unique capacity for human beings to reflect on their actions and show regret, what is most certainly the ability to empathize, that gives them their position. all animals understand love and affection, but only man shows the propensity to place himself into the shoes of another lifeform. losing this capability, among individuals of this species, reduces them below their much heralded position, and readies the climate for the likely fall of man, the fall from grace
"Huron-Fal’s systems were on the verge of shutdown ... ‘This death,’ rasped the voder, ‘this death is ours. We choose it. We deny you your victory.’

"Abandon your fear. Look forward. Move forward and never stop. You'll age if you pull back. You'll die if you hesitate."

"From iron cometh strength. From strength cometh will. From will cometh faith. From faith cometh honour. From honour cometh iron." "And may it ever be so"
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby Boris » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:09 pm

"It's just a job. We didn't join up to kill people. It just so happens that if it comes to that, we're rather good at that too." British Soldier
Boris

Postby Xisor » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:17 pm

"I read flowers, not scriptures."
- Lily 500, The Bees, by Laline Paull
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby OshawaIcedHands » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:01 pm

"The thing about happiness is that you only know you had it when it's gone. I mean, you may think to yourself that you're happy. But you don't really believe it. You focus on the petty bullshit, or the next job, or whatever. It's only looking back, by comparison what comes after, that you really understand that's what happiness felt like."- Kellogg Fallout 4
OshawaIcedHands

Postby Xisor » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:51 am

From "Hopscotch" by Cortazar
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Chun the Unavoidable » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:40 pm

'Charlotte! There's a man on the line who says that you've been hit by a car!'

-Humbert Humbert, in Kubrick's Lolita.
Chun the Unavoidable

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Insanely Off Topic