What are you playing?

Extraneous communication, genuflection, adulation, dissection and admiration should make its way in here.

What are you playing?

Postby Vivia » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:52 pm

After some struggle I finally got DOSBox working and playing Quest for Glory 1 VGA. Other games I have played and finished these past months are Tales of Monkey Island, The Longest Journey, Dreamfall and half way through The Path. All from Steam.
There is nothing gay about the Princeton fight song. "Oh, the men of Princeton are charging up the rear, holding all the balls..." Okay, I hear it now. – Jack, episode Queen of Jordan
Vivia

Re: What are you playing?

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:16 pm

Space Marine. Can't wait to rip into it. Its sitting on my desk, being all tantalizing and stuff.
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution

Postby Lord of the Night » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:52 pm

Space Marine, Gears of War 3, A Game of Thrones: Genesis.

The first is great, loved the campaign and the multiplayer is very fun. The second is brilliant, the best game i've ever played so far, and the third is on its way to me now, hopefully it will be good.

Lord of the Night
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby J D Dunsany » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:29 pm

I'm playing D&D Online a lot. Damn that addictive repeat-the-quest-on-a-harder-difficulty-to-get-more-loot dynamic!

When I'm not doing that, I'm playing stuff like Terraria and PuzzleQuest. Casual stuff really.

Oh, and I dusted off my copy of Eternal Sonata the other day, embarrassing my 14 year old son mightily in the process. Which, as any father will tell you, is a real result! :D

JDD
JDD story of the moment: Glory
J D Dunsany

Postby Squiggle » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:31 pm

waiting for Skyrim to come out.

then you won't see me
If my mind's the weapon, my heart's the extra clip

Forum Moderator

@sqyiggle
Squiggle

Postby Mossy Toes » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:53 pm

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator!
Mossy Toes

Postby Xisor » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:54 pm

Medieval II Total War, Minecraft and Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning for me. Can you tell this isn't a good gaming machine I have? :roll:
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Mossy Toes » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:56 pm

Ooh, Minecraft too, of course. Don't worry, Xisor, I'm in the same boat. Warhammer Online (AoR) and Mass Effect 1 are the newest top-graphics games on my computer.
What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator!
Mossy Toes

Postby Vivia » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:09 pm

Hey, I'm playing QfG 1 from 1992, the remake of the 1989 QfG1. Not to mention the old Lucasarts games, from the time they were good, on the ScummVM emu. P&C, the olden way. New games mean nothing to mee. :)
There is nothing gay about the Princeton fight song. "Oh, the men of Princeton are charging up the rear, holding all the balls..." Okay, I hear it now. – Jack, episode Queen of Jordan
Vivia

Postby Chun the Unavoidable » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:48 pm

360: Assasin's Creed, Bioshock, whichever Halo takes my fancy, Space Marine demo (I still can't decide if I want to buy the full 'un). PC: Homeworld 2 (Complex mod), Jet Set Willy, some of those ancient text adventures I used to love when I was a teenager (a lot are now available online).
Chun the Unavoidable

Postby Gaius Marius » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:49 pm

Space Marine, i'll probably get Crysis when it comes to XBox next week.
Space Cowboy, Spartan II, Specter, Reclusiarch

'I see the fear you have inside.'
Gaius Marius

Postby Mauthos » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:31 am

Just got given a copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops, so it would be rude not to try it, but also just picked up Deus Ex: Human Revolution, so ought to play that too, if my duaghter allows it :?
Simplicity is the key to brilliance.
Mauthos

Postby Vivia » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:35 am

Chun wrote:Space Marine demo (I still can't decide if I want to buy the full 'un).

I don't see why not. Get the feminist game of the year. :)
Vivia

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:29 am

Played about an hour of Space Marine yesterday. Having spent 8 hours on the demo helped :D
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution

Postby sam vimes » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:24 am

Squiggle wrote:waiting for Skyrim to come out.

then you won't see me

same but im also playing valkyria chronicles so fun and different that game is and also screed 2
"Huron-Fal’s systems were on the verge of shutdown ... ‘This death,’ rasped the voder, ‘this death is ours. We choose it. We deny you your victory.’

"Abandon your fear. Look forward. Move forward and never stop. You'll age if you pull back. You'll die if you hesitate."

"From iron cometh strength. From strength cometh will. From will cometh faith. From faith cometh honour. From honour cometh iron." "And may it ever be so"
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby Lord of the Night » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:22 pm

Squiggle wrote:waiting for Skyrim to come out.

Isn't everybody?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic6dKnv3WdU

Anyone who isn't needs to watch that video. Dragons are epic!

Lord of the Night
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby Bane Of Kings » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:23 pm

Erm, Probably Red Dead Redemption here, as I've completed the Space Marine game. Looking to get GoW3, Assassins Creed Revelations, Fifa 12 and eventually Deus Ex at some point.
BOOK/FILM/GAME/TV REVIEWS
http://thefictionalhangout.blogspot.co.uk/
"The Machine asked me to tell you something before we part. You once told John the whole point of Pandora’s box was that once you’ve opened it, you can’t close it again. She wanted me to remind you of how the story ends. When everything is over, when the worst has happened, there’s still one thing left in Pandora’s box: hope"
Bane Of Kings

Postby J D Dunsany » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:12 pm

Oh and, as far as handhelds are concerned, it's Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on the PSP and The World Ends With You on the DS.

That is all.

JDD
JDD story of the moment: Glory
J D Dunsany

Postby Athelassan » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:58 pm

I was playing Empire: Total War and Evil Genius before my computer died for no apparent reason.

I'm also making my way through Pottermore, if that counts as a game. It's certainly the most frustrating game I've ever played, but that's largely down to a cumbersome interface, ludicrously insufficient bandwidth and game-ending and unreportable glitches (on a beta, no less!)

Ath
Athelassan

Postby Colonel Mustard » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:09 pm

Bought an Xbox Live Gold subscription the other day and busted out my copy of Halo: Reach (bought it for the single player, for a Halo based comedy fanfiction I was writing) and found myself having an absolute blast. Fallen in love with the jetpack class and generally flying around all over the place shooting things. Not too bad at it as well, for complete beginner.
Colonel Mustard

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Insanely Off Topic