Page 1 of 61

How are we?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:54 pm
by schaferwhat‽
Let's begin by saying I am leaving my hat on, Tom Jones said I could.

I think I'm pretty much fine today but I'm unsure about us as a collective, please provide data so that conclusions can be drawn on that most troubling of questions.

How are we?

Re: How are we?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:29 pm
by Tyrant
I have passed through various stages of stunning boredom thus far today, and am currently coasting through my lunch break with a sense of tranquillity that I suspect will be rather short-lived.

Re: How are we?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:36 pm
by Raziel4707
Consider punching our next customer right in the throat. Other than that, happy as a man drowning in boobies.

Re: How are we?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:54 pm
by Erunanion
I am fighting sleep at the moment. It is Fresher's Week here at university, and I seem to be telling students the same thing twenty times over. That and the fact that my entire house, now with added library (which is a bonus) is being rewired, means that it is no longer the place of peace that I prefer.

Other than that, just peachy. If I can skim some time off this afternoon I want to read some fan-fics on the Bolthole, which I haven't done for a lamentably long time.

Re: How are we?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:42 pm
by Mauthos
In a nutshell:

Bored, busy, stressed at work and dreading the weekend where I must 'perform' before my 10th dan, 9th dan and 8th dan instructors to prove I'm worthy to teach their formidable skills to the masses in my neck of the woods.

Peachy! :shock:

Re: How are we?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:02 pm
by Gaius Marius
Pretty good so far. Got an anatomy test coming up but i feel prepared for it.

Re: How are we?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:15 pm
by Xisor
I'm at a loose end. So much so I spent most of the day in bed without realising it. But then it got sunny and I thought I should at least step outside. See if I'm ever doing that again! *shakes fist*

Job applications are waiting to be done and I've still not had a cup of tea yet. More'n that, I think I'm keen on resolving to start being a morning person. The first step will include being conscious during the morning, a step which has proven itself difficult over the last seven years.

Re: How are we?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:32 pm
by Vivia
My legs ache after running around, baking chocolate cake and more but I got an almost free sandwich by the end. Want to take a long bath, read and go to sleep. Tomorrow the same again, cocoa is turning into my enemy. I long for a cup of Lapsang souchong. :)

Re: How are we?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:41 pm
by Bane Of Kings
Erm, left College which is six miles away in town at 1:20pm, got back home after a combination of buses and walking about three hours later :(. And this is the only day where I don't finish at like 4:30pm.

Re: How are we?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:43 pm
by J D Dunsany
Just finished a full day of teaching and I'm feeling pretty peachy.

Or just pretty, if you'd prefer.

I've got a girl in my year 8 class whose stuff is already close to publishable standard. The twin forces of pride and a sort of wistful envy are currently warring strongly within me.

At the other end of the spectrum, I've spent a significant portion of my morning explaining (incredibly patiently, I might add) to year 10 boys that, yes, throwing small pieces of paper round the classroom at each other really does constitute disruptive behaviour - particularly when their aim is so bad that I get hit in the face with one of the aforementioned paper projectiles.

:?

Well, you did ask...

:D

JDD

Re: How are we?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:58 pm
by schaferwhat‽
paper isn't disruptive it is far too flimsy.

Re: How are we?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:59 pm
by Tyrant
schaferwhat‽ wrote:paper isn't disruptive it is far too flimsy.


If that were true, then how come paper beats rock? Huh? HUH?!?!?!?!

Re: How are we?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:12 pm
by schaferwhat‽
unless JDD is a rock it is unlikely he shares the irrational fear of paper that rockind has.

Re: How are we?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:42 pm
by Pipitán
Today I lost a monopoly game.

Re: How are we?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:43 pm
by Pyroriffic
JDD is a rock. Metaphorically, anyway.

Me, I'm just plain busy. Too much to do at the day job resulting in coming home and struggling to find energy to do anything much than complain about how busy I am.

However, Valkia the Bloody is into the last 25%, so I need to get the ol' fingers working and inch closer to that target.

Go, Valkia, go!

Re: How are we?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:45 pm
by Tyrant
Pipitán wrote:Today I lost a monopoly game.


Is it because you were afraid to take a Chance? Life is all about risk, young Pip.

Re: How are we?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:52 pm
by Pipitán
Tyrant wrote:
Pipitán wrote:Today I lost a monopoly game.


Is it because you were afraid to take a Chance? Life is all about risk, young Pip.


It was more a combination of bad luck, some questionable decisions, and lax banking regulations.

But you have a good point about Risk. It teaches you Napoleonic warfare strategy, and geography.

Re: How are we?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:35 pm
by Mossy Toes
Risk...well, in my eyes, it teaches more the value of the blitzkreig, and not to overextend. I am amused by the fact that you can conquer as many territories in a single chain as you like. Unlike, say, Axis & Allies, in which tanks can move 2 spaces and infantry can move 1.

How am I? A bit bleary, having just woken up. A bit hungry, feeling a bit dirty. I'll probably take a shower, finish up my homework, and eat.

Re: How are we?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:37 pm
by schaferwhat‽
Mossy Toes wrote:Risk...well, in my eyes, it teaches more the value of the blitzkreig, and not to overextend. I am amused by the fact that you can conquer as many territories in a single chain as you like. Unlike, say, Axis & Allies, in which tanks can move 2 spaces and infantry can move 1.

How am I? A bit bleary, having just woken up. A bit hungry, feeling a bit dirty. I'll probably take a shower, finish up my homework, and eat.


Before my mother shattered the CD I had a video game of Risk 2 in which there was "simultaneous" risk which was a much cooler more realistic take where you can't conquer in chains.

Re: How are we?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:32 pm
by J D Dunsany
schaferwhat‽ wrote:paper isn't disruptive it is far too flimsy.


More than a few totalitarian states would probably beg to differ there, schafe. ;)

And, pyro, you say the most lovely things. :oops:

And Risk! Never tried the PC version(s), but I have fond memories of the board game. The joys of victory; the horrors of overextension; the fickleness of the cards. *sigh*

JDD