How are we?

Extraneous communication, genuflection, adulation, dissection and admiration should make its way in here.

Re: How are we?

Postby SIngemeister » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:51 am

Drunk and listening to David Bowie, at the moment.

Watchin' some good friend screaming "LET ME OUT!"
SIngemeister

Postby Vivia » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:39 pm

David Bowie FTW!

At midnight I fled my flat after I had a reaction to a fumigation of moths, I freaked out when the Poison Information Central told me to leave the flat. Feeling better now and it's possible I had an allergic reaction, it's not like they used toxic gas or anything. And why is it that I always have to take a taxi when money is tight? Oh well, at least I didn't go into convulsions , die in my sleep or saw the Blue Man. :D

From 30 Rock.
There is nothing gay about the Princeton fight song. "Oh, the men of Princeton are charging up the rear, holding all the balls..." Okay, I hear it now. – Jack, episode Queen of Jordan
Vivia

Postby Xisor » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:00 pm

Feeling strangely voyeuristic in taking strolls down other peoples' memory lanes. Without the memories and context, of course. Nevertheless!

"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Athelassan » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:39 pm

Xisor wrote:Feeling strangely voyeuristic in taking strolls down other peoples' memory lanes. Without the memories and context, of course. Nevertheless!

... Is that Gisborne Court?!

Ath
Athelassan

Postby SIngemeister » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:02 pm

Looks that way, though Xisor's hiding-in-the-woods shot is mildly more creepy.
SIngemeister

Postby Xisor » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:23 pm

I'm sure I wouldn't know...

We had a pleasant wee explore round the city, including a 'closed to visitors' excursion whilst pretending to be students around certain abodes that folks have mentioned here and there.

"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Athelassan » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:33 pm

Xisor wrote:I'm sure I wouldn't know...

We had a pleasant wee explore round the city, including a 'closed to visitors' excursion whilst pretending to be students around certain abodes that folks have mentioned here and there.

Sounds like fun. All very familiar... except that third one - I haven't been back since they really kicked off with the development works there. It can't be any worse than Fen Court next to it, though: an underrated challenger for "ugliest building in the university", I think. Although it's hard to top Christ's New Court.

In picture #2, my windows in third year were two of the first three from left on the top storey (roof-level). I forget which exactly, especially since I can't see the doorway to that staircase.

Ath
Athelassan

Postby Vivia » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Mst3k comes to life! Christ's New Court looks so similar to something from Outlaw of Gor! Or a post-apocalyptic b-film. :lol:

Tom Servo: The world's first successful papier mache village!
There is nothing gay about the Princeton fight song. "Oh, the men of Princeton are charging up the rear, holding all the balls..." Okay, I hear it now. – Jack, episode Queen of Jordan
Vivia

Postby Chun the Unavoidable » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:59 pm

I thought that second picture was Oxford for a minute - I was going to advise against taking rooms on the ground floor in case some louche titled Roman Catholic puked through the window... but I take it it's t'other place. Forgive a pleb's ignorance.
Chun the Unavoidable

Postby Insomniac » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:55 am

Drunk, listening to Electric Wizard and watching Cheech & Chong.

Life is momentarily good.
Insomniac

Postby sam vimes » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:08 pm

Working a retail job at christmas... I hate people that is all
"Huron-Fal’s systems were on the verge of shutdown ... ‘This death,’ rasped the voder, ‘this death is ours. We choose it. We deny you your victory.’

"Abandon your fear. Look forward. Move forward and never stop. You'll age if you pull back. You'll die if you hesitate."

"From iron cometh strength. From strength cometh will. From will cometh faith. From faith cometh honour. From honour cometh iron." "And may it ever be so"
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
sam vimes

Postby Xisor » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:43 pm

This week I snuck in to a big country house for the Christmas party. (George Osborne's constituency.)

(NB: I'd been invited, but hadn't rsvpd for the meal or aquired my ticket - door staff were very happy with that - even suggested I might be able to ask the staff for some extra food to be brought out.)

To do so I had to first sneak in through two miles of park. What were those shapes darting about in the darkness? What was that swift, brief, eerie clip-clop on the road?

To get into the park, I had to enter in over a fence (as pedestrian access had closed much earlier at the gate I was trying to use). To climb the fence, I had to be careful as I was all heavily kilted for a big black tie 1920s dinner event.

To even find a good spot in the fence, I had to start edging my way around, including into the golf course.

Also the fence was a deer fence. Keeping them in.

Oh, deer. Herds of them.

---

Made for a very fine night. I lost my albanian hat though. Knew it was a risk. Not everything comes home from an adventure.

xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby David Earle » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:10 pm

Well the presents are wrapped but I still need to put my son's new chair together tonight and my mother's still recovering from back surgery and I think my sister's gone mad caring for her and she's the one hosting this evening's get together and tomorrow I have to drive down to my aunt's house and keep my son from throwing himself in the fireplace and then the in-laws are coming up on Saturday and they invited themselves up for five days but I tried to talk them down to three and now they're being snippy and only coming for an afternoon and my son has an ear infection and the dog woke my wife up at midnight AND I CAN'T GET ANY SLEEP

♫ It's the most wonderful time of the year... ♫
Check out my blog!

"David is very very old, but also slow, he creeps up behind you without you noticing and then just as his non-breath fails to be felt against your neck he pounces and gives you an informative post." - schaferwhat‽

Ogunzhar lives!
David Earle

Postby Lord of the Night » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:48 pm

I'm having another banner Christmas this year. Once again my mother is depressed, talking about suicide by OD, how much she hates me and my brother and how selfish and terrible we both are, and because my brother refused Christmas dinner because he can't weigh the calories, she tossed it all in the bin. So i've had a good cry, planning on talking to my grandfather later, he always makes me feel better. And I think i'll watch Guardians of the Galaxy today, watching my favourite movie might cheer me up.

Still beats the Christmas when she and I got in a vicious fight over a curry takeaway and she pointed a huge kitchen knife at me... :(

Hope everyone else is having a nice holiday, everyone here deserves it. :)

LotN
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/lab ... %20Reviews - Black Library Reviews by Lord of the Night@Talk Wargaming
Lord of the Night

Postby Xisor » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:09 pm

Good grief, my heart goes out to you all, LotN - not an easy place to be for any of you! Still, best of luck in getting any solace out of it - GotG probably isn't a bad place to find it. :)

Similarly, David Earle - a big dollop of solace to, at worst, survive it!
xisor.wordpress
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Vivia » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:29 pm

LotN, I'm feel your pain. My mum has been depressed for some months now and she has been acting odd, not that it's anything new. We believe it's her 70s crisis but she has gotten professional help and is slowly getting better.

Christmas can be either a happy place or a Festivus of major proportions. :|
Mine was a bit of both after years of good and wholesome holidays. My mum was acting weird, she has always been adolescent in nature, my brother and I used to have epic fights with her during our teens, and it's been a little worse during her latest depression. She wasn't answering my text messages, though it wasn't as bad than that time when I went on freaking FB to get in contact with her. You know it's bad when the only way to get in contact with your own mother is through FB (after emails, texting and calling her). It's been an exhausting two weeks that felt like two months.
Vivia

Postby Chun the Unavoidable » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:47 pm

I feel like I'm just about back in the room after a bout of flu. Jesus, but fever-dreams are weird.
Chun the Unavoidable

Postby SIngemeister » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:47 am

Happy New Year!
SIngemeister

Postby Major Rawne » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:49 pm

A little hungover.
Major Rawne

Postby Mossy Toes » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:56 pm

Taking some time to reflect on my fortune, here at the tail end of the holiday season and in the dawn of the next year. Each of the major holidays (Thanksgiving, Chrismas, New Year's) have been really quite touchingly... wonderful. As somebody who feels a major lack of social interaction as one of the largest holes to fill in my life, I nonetheless do my best to appreciate how I've won the lottery in terms of my family: how supportive we all are of people, how I'd be proud to know, let alone be related to any of them... and how joyous and festive we all are when we come together. It's really something I cherish in my life--and am well aware of how many people don't have such a font of unconditional love and bastion of security to rely upon or fall back on.
What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator!
Mossy Toes

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Insanely Off Topic