How are we?

Extraneous communication, genuflection, adulation, dissection and admiration should make its way in here.

Re: How are we?

Postby Vivia » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:15 am

Was it late at night and you came from work, because that's a feasible excuse. If it's any consolation I do what is considered embarrassing moves on daily basis due to my attention deficit (at work I have burned AND salted cakes), not to mention the missteps due to withdrawal symptoms. The humanity. :lol:

Pain. I can't sleep from the ache after the root canal surgery, I waited a t least 6 months from the first root canal just so I could avoid too much suffering.
I'm on a weird and strong antihistamine tablet, the kind you have to take at night to avoid feeling too drowsy, my muscles groaned from sitting in a dentist chair. In theory it supposed to make one sleep, but I couldn't sleep last night and I'm feeling the same tonight.
There is nothing gay about the Princeton fight song. "Oh, the men of Princeton are charging up the rear, holding all the balls..." Okay, I hear it now. – Jack, episode Queen of Jordan
Vivia

Postby The Hillock » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:52 pm

Just to shake things up a bit, I'm feeling pretty damn good. So there's that.
Probably the worst WH40k player in the world...

Hillock's terrain thread
Hillock's Flesh Tearers thread
The Hillock

Postby Vivia » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:47 pm

Me too, only a bit tired from work.

On other news, one of my bookshelves collapsed. It's actually very annoying. Too many books, how is that even possible. :)
There is nothing gay about the Princeton fight song. "Oh, the men of Princeton are charging up the rear, holding all the balls..." Okay, I hear it now. – Jack, episode Queen of Jordan
Vivia

Postby SIngemeister » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:02 am

I forgot how awful vomiting my entire stomach content was.
SIngemeister

Postby Chun the Unavoidable » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:22 pm

You're not a paid-up member of the Gentlepersons Emetic Club, then?
Chun the Unavoidable

Postby SIngemeister » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:36 am

Chun the Unavoidable wrote:You're not a paid-up member of the Gentlepersons Emetic Club, then?

Those fees are crippling!
SIngemeister

Postby Mossy Toes » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:50 pm

SIngemeister wrote:
Chun the Unavoidable wrote:You're not a paid-up member of the Gentlepersons Emetic Club, then?

Those fees are crippling!

That's not all that's crippling about them...
What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator!
Mossy Toes

Postby Insomniac » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:09 pm

I'm trapped in my house thanks to Mother Nature. With another 2-3 feet on the way. Thanks yo.

Insomniac

Postby Xisor » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:47 pm

Insomniac wrote:I'm trapped in my house thanks to Mother Nature. With another 2-3 feet on the way. Thanks yo.

That looks immense. Provided you have power, supplies, and no particularly serious reason to have to leave the house...

If those aren't the case, blimey.

---

Sensible sleep's totally escaping me. Humbug. Hopefully I'll remedy it soon enough.
Admin of Ruin
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Insomniac » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:27 pm

A brief holiday from work. Being stuck without an escape option is a mess of anxiety but it's been a steady diet of black coffee and spinning vinyl.
Insomniac

Postby Mossy Toes » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:44 pm

That Buffalo? Been seeing about how hard it's been hit...
What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator!
Mossy Toes

Postby Insomniac » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:04 pm

Yup, just outside the city. State of emergencies, driving bans, and more snow coming. I'm expecting to see polar bears soon.
Insomniac

Postby Chun the Unavoidable » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:59 am

Isn't that an iceberg in the distance? Jesus. It looks glorious, I must say, but its effects...
Chun the Unavoidable

Postby Vivia » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:42 pm

It looks brutal. In a strange way I'm jealous of so much snow; Scandinavia hardly had a respectable winter last time and the lack of snow hurts in a spiritual way.
Vivia

Postby Chun the Unavoidable » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:05 pm

Brutally glorious, then. Or gloriously brutal. They're not quite the same thing.
Chun the Unavoidable

Postby David Earle » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:27 am

I'm recovering from the brutal ministrations of Nurgle and anxious about what's going to happen in Ferguson, MO, possibly tomorrow. If you don't know, the grand jury is set to rule soon whether officer Darren Wilson will stand trial for killing teenager Michael Brown, and the state of Missouri (and most of the media) are bracing for the Great Race War to break out, or some damn thing. (Ref. South Park World War Z parody, but sub in Brown for Trayvon Martin and Missouri for Eric Cartman.)

I sympathize with Brown over Wilson, and I'm dreading the pending overreaction by authorities to even one protest in the wake of the decision. A lot of ugly **** has happened so far and more is likely to come. Or the grand jury will dither some more and we'll get to have a peaceful Thanksgiving. Either way Wilson's unlikely to ever be convicted of anything, though he might yet resign.
Check out my blog!

"David is very very old, but also slow, he creeps up behind you without you noticing and then just as his non-breath fails to be felt against your neck he pounces and gives you an informative post." - schaferwhat‽

Ogunzhar lives!
David Earle

Postby Vivia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:30 pm

Sounds truly awful even for this thread. I'm happy I live in this small country with only Russian submarines as a threat.

I'm in serious pain from the root canal cleansing, the dentist said it would last for TWO days. I slept for 8 hours and now I had a sandwich and tea, and pain killers for a meal in between. I'm going back for last treatment next week.

On other good news, I received my package from Jordklok.se, the shop for organic and natural merchandise. The nifty box arrived with organic mascara, mineral powder, kitchen sponges and cloth, washable for 300 times, and 100% recycled aluminium foil. Really excited for the mascara, I hope for no more itchy eyes.

Ouch, ouch.
Vivia

Postby Insomniac » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:45 am

I don't mind snow. I don't like not being able to leave my house.

The Ferguson situation is *insert non appropriate word here*. This isn't the place for politics but racism, especially when it's the ranks of those "sworn to protect" citizens will never be okay. The decision will be announced in a few hours. Homeland Security, DEA, and other agencies are all there so it appears the killer won't be charged.
Insomniac

Postby Vivia » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:23 pm

I knew Change.org would have petitions and they have! Please sign and share on social media.

Take the case of Michael Brown to the Missouri Supreme Court

Then there is this one:
Require Ferguson and St. Louis County and City police officers to wear body cameras
Vivia

Postby Xisor » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:17 pm

Morbid. Returned to Scotland (specifically "where junkies go to die", according to my uncle that's lived here most of his life) as my gran's very ill and not expected to keep going much longer. Grim, but not without moments of good cheer or solace.
Admin of Ruin
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Insanely Off Topic