How are we?

Extraneous communication, genuflection, adulation, dissection and admiration should make its way in here.

How are we?

Postby schaferwhat‽ » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:54 pm

Let's begin by saying I am leaving my hat on, Tom Jones said I could.

I think I'm pretty much fine today but I'm unsure about us as a collective, please provide data so that conclusions can be drawn on that most troubling of questions.

How are we?
schaferwhat‽

Re: How are we?

Postby Tyrant » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:29 pm

I have passed through various stages of stunning boredom thus far today, and am currently coasting through my lunch break with a sense of tranquillity that I suspect will be rather short-lived.
My Facebook writing page. Like it, it's awesome!

My Twitter page.

Cytheria

Valerion

I think Valerion could stand toe-to-toe with the best of Gaunt's Ghosts. I loved it. Gundi Da Grot

The sense of threat that permeates the entire piece is fantastic. xrayex

Tash'shi is made of win and awesome. Raziel4707
Tyrant

Postby Raziel4707 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:36 pm

Consider punching our next customer right in the throat. Other than that, happy as a man drowning in boobies.
Raziel4707

Postby Erunanion » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:54 pm

I am fighting sleep at the moment. It is Fresher's Week here at university, and I seem to be telling students the same thing twenty times over. That and the fact that my entire house, now with added library (which is a bonus) is being rewired, means that it is no longer the place of peace that I prefer.

Other than that, just peachy. If I can skim some time off this afternoon I want to read some fan-fics on the Bolthole, which I haven't done for a lamentably long time.
Check out my shiny new website, with genuine new-blog smell! - http://www.jonathandbeer.com

The Emperor's Mercy - Prologue - The first piece of fiction I've put up on the Bolthole's new incarnation.

"It is the 41st Millennium, and never underestimate the ability of the universe to infinitely screw you over." - Lord Lucan
Erunanion

Postby Mauthos » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:42 pm

In a nutshell:

Bored, busy, stressed at work and dreading the weekend where I must 'perform' before my 10th dan, 9th dan and 8th dan instructors to prove I'm worthy to teach their formidable skills to the masses in my neck of the woods.

Peachy! :shock:
Simplicity is the key to brilliance.
Mauthos

Postby Gaius Marius » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:02 pm

Pretty good so far. Got an anatomy test coming up but i feel prepared for it.
Space Cowboy, Spartan II, Specter, Reclusiarch

'I see the fear you have inside.'
Gaius Marius

Postby Xisor » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:15 pm

I'm at a loose end. So much so I spent most of the day in bed without realising it. But then it got sunny and I thought I should at least step outside. See if I'm ever doing that again! *shakes fist*

Job applications are waiting to be done and I've still not had a cup of tea yet. More'n that, I think I'm keen on resolving to start being a morning person. The first step will include being conscious during the morning, a step which has proven itself difficult over the last seven years.
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Vivia » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:32 pm

My legs ache after running around, baking chocolate cake and more but I got an almost free sandwich by the end. Want to take a long bath, read and go to sleep. Tomorrow the same again, cocoa is turning into my enemy. I long for a cup of Lapsang souchong. :)
There is nothing gay about the Princeton fight song. "Oh, the men of Princeton are charging up the rear, holding all the balls..." Okay, I hear it now. – Jack, episode Queen of Jordan
Vivia

Postby Bane Of Kings » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:41 pm

Erm, left College which is six miles away in town at 1:20pm, got back home after a combination of buses and walking about three hours later :(. And this is the only day where I don't finish at like 4:30pm.
BOOK/FILM/GAME/TV REVIEWS
http://thefictionalhangout.blogspot.co.uk/
"The Machine asked me to tell you something before we part. You once told John the whole point of Pandora’s box was that once you’ve opened it, you can’t close it again. She wanted me to remind you of how the story ends. When everything is over, when the worst has happened, there’s still one thing left in Pandora’s box: hope"
Bane Of Kings

Postby J D Dunsany » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:43 pm

Just finished a full day of teaching and I'm feeling pretty peachy.

Or just pretty, if you'd prefer.

I've got a girl in my year 8 class whose stuff is already close to publishable standard. The twin forces of pride and a sort of wistful envy are currently warring strongly within me.

At the other end of the spectrum, I've spent a significant portion of my morning explaining (incredibly patiently, I might add) to year 10 boys that, yes, throwing small pieces of paper round the classroom at each other really does constitute disruptive behaviour - particularly when their aim is so bad that I get hit in the face with one of the aforementioned paper projectiles.

:?

Well, you did ask...

:D

JDD
JDD story of the moment: Glory
J D Dunsany

Postby schaferwhat‽ » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:58 pm

paper isn't disruptive it is far too flimsy.
schaferwhat‽

Postby Tyrant » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:59 pm

schaferwhat‽ wrote:paper isn't disruptive it is far too flimsy.

If that were true, then how come paper beats rock? Huh? HUH?!?!?!?!

My Twitter page.

Cytheria

Valerion

I think Valerion could stand toe-to-toe with the best of Gaunt's Ghosts. I loved it. Gundi Da Grot

Tyrant

Postby schaferwhat‽ » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:12 pm

unless JDD is a rock it is unlikely he shares the irrational fear of paper that rockind has.
schaferwhat‽

Postby Pipitán » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:42 pm

Today I lost a monopoly game.
It’s genius. This story absolutely BLEEDS 40K, start to finish... I freaking loved it.
- Aaron Dembski-Bowden on my story 'Sating Desire'
Pipitán

Postby Pyroriffic » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:43 pm

JDD is a rock. Metaphorically, anyway.

Me, I'm just plain busy. Too much to do at the day job resulting in coming home and struggling to find energy to do anything much than complain about how busy I am.

However, Valkia the Bloody is into the last 25%, so I need to get the ol' fingers working and inch closer to that target.

Go, Valkia, go!
I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Pyroriffic

Postby Tyrant » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:45 pm

Pipitán wrote:Today I lost a monopoly game.

Is it because you were afraid to take a Chance? Life is all about risk, young Pip.

My Twitter page.

Cytheria

Valerion

Tyrant

Postby Pipitán » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:52 pm

Tyrant wrote:
Pipitán wrote:Today I lost a monopoly game.

Is it because you were afraid to take a Chance? Life is all about risk, young Pip.

It was more a combination of bad luck, some questionable decisions, and lax banking regulations.

But you have a good point about Risk. It teaches you Napoleonic warfare strategy, and geography.
It’s genius. This story absolutely BLEEDS 40K, start to finish... I freaking loved it.
- Aaron Dembski-Bowden on my story 'Sating Desire'
Pipitán

Postby Mossy Toes » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:35 pm

Risk...well, in my eyes, it teaches more the value of the blitzkreig, and not to overextend. I am amused by the fact that you can conquer as many territories in a single chain as you like. Unlike, say, Axis & Allies, in which tanks can move 2 spaces and infantry can move 1.

How am I? A bit bleary, having just woken up. A bit hungry, feeling a bit dirty. I'll probably take a shower, finish up my homework, and eat.
What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator!
Mossy Toes

Postby schaferwhat‽ » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:37 pm

Mossy Toes wrote:Risk...well, in my eyes, it teaches more the value of the blitzkreig, and not to overextend. I am amused by the fact that you can conquer as many territories in a single chain as you like. Unlike, say, Axis & Allies, in which tanks can move 2 spaces and infantry can move 1.

How am I? A bit bleary, having just woken up. A bit hungry, feeling a bit dirty. I'll probably take a shower, finish up my homework, and eat.

Before my mother shattered the CD I had a video game of Risk 2 in which there was "simultaneous" risk which was a much cooler more realistic take where you can't conquer in chains.
schaferwhat‽

Postby J D Dunsany » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:32 pm

schaferwhat‽ wrote:paper isn't disruptive it is far too flimsy.

More than a few totalitarian states would probably beg to differ there, schafe. ;)

And, pyro, you say the most lovely things. :oops:

And Risk! Never tried the PC version(s), but I have fond memories of the board game. The joys of victory; the horrors of overextension; the fickleness of the cards. *sigh*

JDD
JDD story of the moment: Glory
J D Dunsany

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Insanely Off Topic