Drabble Challenge: Insane

An area for literary challenges and ongoing competitive events of all kinds.

Drabble Challenge: Insane

Postby Bane Of Kings » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:52 pm

Here's another 100 word prompt for you.

Insane.

~
BOOK/FILM/GAME/TV REVIEWS
http://thefictionalhangout.blogspot.co.uk/
"The Machine asked me to tell you something before we part. You once told John the whole point of Pandora’s box was that once you’ve opened it, you can’t close it again. She wanted me to remind you of how the story ends. When everything is over, when the worst has happened, there’s still one thing left in Pandora’s box: hope"
Bane Of Kings

Re: Drabble Challenge: Insane

Postby Shogun_Nate » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:15 am

Under fifteen minutes! :D

"I think you mad?"

The voice that spoke from the darkness bore equal measures of anger and bewilderment. A derisive snort followed, the voice coming again.

“No, you poor, foolish man. ‘Mad’ does not aptly describe the sheer insanity of what you’ve done. For a member of the Holy Ordos to consort with vile and despicable xenos filth would be madness in its own right for sure. To make it your personal chirugeon boggles the mind. But, of all the foul xeno species in the galaxy, why in the name of the Holy God-Emperor of Mankind was it an ork?"
I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
Shogun_Nate

Postby The Viceroy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:24 am

“Insanity is defined as repeating the same action while expecting different results. This statement is inapplicable and inaccurate. Insanity is seeking knowledge while taking orders from superstitious fools, and praying to artifacts rather than understanding them. Insanity is allowing hidebound idiots to judge me.”

While the committee listened, they failed to notice the guard servitors readying their weapons, as the viral package discretely introduced into the mindless cyborgs took hold.

“Insanity is expecting any of you to actually think.”

The final command was received, and the servitors opened fire, wiping out the judicial committee.

“The defense concludes its statement.”
The Viceroy

Postby Commander Shadow » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:45 pm

They were all against me, all the governor’s men. Fat Herman, Johanus, Carlz, all speaking in whispers when they thought I could not hear, all plotting, planning, scheming.

The cities are rotten to the core. The intellectuals and scholars, they read too much. They think too much. It is not His way to question the Faith and we are but the instruments of Him. How can then the faithful question His Will?

Carlz told me with a sad look that the peasants are in arms, worshiping heinous things and praying to the terrors of the warp. But I know his lies. He will die at midnight, him and all the false men. It is with the peasants we shall find solace and win back this world from the dark things.
- And there arose from the abyss a terrible beast and the armies of man were laid low by the walls of the ancient city. The ground shook and the skies trembled and all knew as the beast had come forth and that the end of time was upon them.

"Shadow is always right, except when he tries to save his men from charging orks" - Ang
Commander Shadow

Postby Kentigern » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:06 pm

“So, let’s try this again. Giant ratmen you said...”

Klint’s brow dripped with sweat. “Yes, giant ratmen. They were trying to steal the ale, but ended up arguing...”

The Watch Officer rolled his eyes. “And they burnt the room down?”

“Yes, that’s it. There was green fire and smoke”.

“Uh huh. And presumably they then jumped onto their magical flying cows and escaped to Morrslieb?”

The Watch Officer made a circling motion with his finger next to his head as they dragged Klint away. “Giant ratmen, what a wonderfully insane excuse”.

In the shadows behind him, two eyes glinted malevolently...
Good guys go to heaven.

Bad guys send them there.
Kentigern

Postby Kentigern » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:11 pm

Great submissions, managing to be funny, brutal and dark in different ways.

Drabbles are great fun!
Good guys go to heaven.

Bad guys send them there.
Kentigern

Postby RobertCruz » Tue May 15, 2012 9:20 pm

“What have you done?”

“Wait…what?”

“Is that my mother’s blood you’re covered in father?”

“What!? Are you insane? Can you not hear the sirens? Do you not see the smoke? We are under siege! The Sons landed, there in the middle of the Square of Freedom, they teleported down one second and the next, one of them exploded!”

“Oh! So a Son of Horus killed my mother? Her blood is on their hands? You may have beaten me as a child, but this…this is the end of you father…”

Fon Tariel didn’t even bother to watch them kill each other.
RobertCruz

Return to Board index

Return to Competitions and Challenges