Skip to content

Where is my post?

An area for Bolthole-related business, such as technical issues, moderation consultation and any Bolthole-related topics.

Re: Where is my post?

Postby schaferwhat‽ » Mon May 05, 2014 11:10 am

see it is all good Rob. I haven't access to your inner most thoughts and desires (yet) and my reputation remains easily tarnished.

Even I figured there must have been a broken book scandal that sounds just like the sort of hijinks I get involved in.

Not wanting to disagree with Xisor but I don't think a visible to members DL is a good idea because I'd inevitably read stuff and feel like engaging and that'll undermine my stance of objecting to it existing and never taking part in it which is easily done when it is opt in only.
schaferwhat‽

Postby Athelassan » Mon May 05, 2014 1:10 pm

What I would have thought was logical was the shadow topic's being visible to everyone, then when you click on it it tries to redirect to the Lounge, and doesn't let you see it if you're not a member.

It seems it's not the way that works, and even the shadow topic is invisible if you're not a member of the Lounge. Oh well.

But in any case, I (at least) won't be moving anything out of the Lounge. If you've posted in the expectation of members-only privacy, as anyone in the DL will have, it's not really on to make that public to the whole board.

Whether the Lounge should be available to anyone on the forum, well, that's a debate for another day - and indeed quite a lengthy debate we had before it was set up. The current system may not be perfect, but it seemed to be the best compromise at the time.

Ath
Athelassan

Postby schaferwhat‽ » Mon May 05, 2014 1:14 pm

All this talk of secrecy is having me consider the debater usergroup on this forum as a front for some sort of secret society.

But I suppose now I'm on to you, you'll have me silenced. I'm not scared the truth will out and then you'll be in for it.
schaferwhat‽

Postby Vivia » Tue May 06, 2014 1:02 pm

I'm not scare of you and your toothless threads.

Btw, the DL was visible to me as a mod though I was never inclined to participate.
There is nothing gay about the Princeton fight song. "Oh, the men of Princeton are charging up the rear, holding all the balls..." Okay, I hear it now. – Jack, episode Queen of Jordan
Vivia

Previous

Return to About the Bolthole