Skip to content

Database Overflow

An area for Bolthole-related business, such as technical issues, moderation consultation and any Bolthole-related topics.

Database Overflow

Postby Ghurlag » Tue May 22, 2012 6:39 pm

Some of you may have noticed issues with the board briefly.

These were due to the number of posts stored in the Bolthole's database, which essentially filled up our capacity. I've since doubled our allowance with the hosting provider, which should mean it'll be a while before we see this issue again.

Carry on, folks.

As the misty veil of Albion is cast aside, we turn our gaze to the war-torn island of Albany, where the Red King vies with his former master for the control of a realm in dire threat.
Ghurlag

Re: Database Overflow

Postby kurisawa » Fri May 25, 2012 5:38 am

Hey Ghurlag,

I figured here was better to let you know I'm still having problems (as of 25th May) - my replies are not showing up, but only to certain threads.

K.
kurisawa

Postby Ghurlag » Fri May 25, 2012 2:33 pm

Hi kurisawa,

Could you let me know which threads specifically? (dropping a link will be fine)
What sort of behaviour do you see when you try to post a reply to these threads? Do you get an error page?

I doubt this is directly linked to the previous database issue. Did you see it beforehand, or just now?

Let me know and I'll try to look into this.

-- Your friendly neighbourhood Ghurlag

As the misty veil of Albion is cast aside, we turn our gaze to the war-torn island of Albany, where the Red King vies with his former master for the control of a realm in dire threat.
Ghurlag

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Fri May 25, 2012 9:11 pm

Getting a general error when I try to edit my posts in the TEG spoiler thread. Everything works on a second try though.
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution

Postby LordLucan » Sun May 27, 2012 11:43 am

Every time I edit my posts, I get a general error warning. The edits still take effect, but the error screen is very irritating.
Check out the start of my new serialised novel, Gingerbread, published with Jukepop Serials (It is free to read, so please read and comment). Here's the link, enjoy:
https://www.jukepopserials.com/home/read/1367/?chapter=2&p=0&sl=10
LordLucan

Postby kurisawa » Mon May 28, 2012 12:37 am

Hi Ghurlag,

Specifically on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1901

I get no error messages or any indication that something is wrong until after the message "posts" and I am redirected back to the forum. Then, there is no sign of the reply. I think* it shows up in the number of replies recorded next to the thread title, but once I go in, I can't see it. I've tried it twice (and it is quite a long reply as it it is a chapter to a story).

*The thread was caught right in the middle of a problem when Mauthos's previous reply copied twelve times, so the number of replies is not to be trusted. :)

Edit: The problem happened over the past week or so. While it was exactly the same time as the database overflow problem, I have no further evidence that the two are related.

Thanks for the help.

K.
kurisawa

Postby Ghurlag » Mon May 28, 2012 11:18 am

Hi Guys,

LL, Shad I've fixed the error you (and everyone) were seeing when editing posts.

Kurisawa, I've attempted to fix your problems with that topic. Two copies of your story post did turn up while I was doing that, but I seem to have deleted both of them while working on it. :/ I hope you didn't have to type them in.

Could you check I haven't removed anything else (aside from the repeat posts that plagued Mauthos) and that you can add replies now?

Turns out there was something still hanging from when everything broke with the database. Hopefully there won't be any more surprises.

Ghurlag

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Mon May 28, 2012 11:39 am

Thanks man!
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Postby LordLucan » Mon May 28, 2012 2:46 pm

Cheers Ghurlag, you're a legend. :D
Check out the start of my new serialised novel, Gingerbread, published with Jukepop Serials (It is free to read, so please read and comment). Here's the link, enjoy:
https://www.jukepopserials.com/home/read/1367/?chapter=2&p=0&sl=10
LordLucan

Postby kurisawa » Tue May 29, 2012 12:46 am

Looks fine now, Ghurlag. Thanks very much. I second the motion for legend status. :D
My short stories:
1. Extraction = viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2127
2. Intoxication = viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2188
3. Desecration = viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2294
4. Indoctrination = viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3172

My novel:
BLACK SHIELDS: INCOGNITUS = viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1901
kurisawa

Postby groovysl » Tue May 29, 2012 11:42 am

In the Spoiler Zone, Nickarus's thread on Reflection Crack'd was merged into the main Primarchs thread, but I can still see the thread in the board list, when I click on it I get a no such thread message. Are other people seeing this as well?
groovysl

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Tue May 29, 2012 12:06 pm

groovysl wrote:In the Spoiler Zone, Nickarus's thread on Reflection Crack'd was merged into the main Primarchs thread, but I can still see the thread in the board list, when I click on it I get a no such thread message. Are other people seeing this as well?

It might have something to do with the fact that I did that from my smartphone. I think. Its never happened before so no idea why its still there, but that's the only explanation I can think of it.

shadowhawk2008

Postby Ghurlag » Tue May 29, 2012 12:55 pm

Odd, I'm not sure what's causing that.
I moved the topic away just fine, it shouldn't impact the Primarchs thread.
I'll delete the shadow link, too.

Ghurlag

Postby groovysl » Tue May 29, 2012 1:08 pm

Thanks, that's fixed it.
groovysl

Return to About the Bolthole