Skip to content

Shoutbox Fail

An area for Bolthole-related business, such as technical issues, moderation consultation and any Bolthole-related topics.

Shoutbox Fail

Postby Vivia » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:25 pm

The Shoutbox isn't working properly. A message comes up 'Live posting timed out! Do you wish to post via form submission?'
Anyone knows what is going on?
There is nothing gay about the Princeton fight song. "Oh, the men of Princeton are charging up the rear, holding all the balls..." Okay, I hear it now. – Jack, episode Queen of Jordan
Vivia

Re: Shoutbox Fail

Postby Tyrant » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:30 pm

Can't get in at all now. Down for maintenance, perhaps.
My Facebook writing page. Like it, it's awesome!

My Twitter page.

Cytheria

Valerion

I think Valerion could stand toe-to-toe with the best of Gaunt's Ghosts. I loved it. Gundi Da Grot

The sense of threat that permeates the entire piece is fantastic. xrayex

Tash'shi is made of win and awesome. Raziel4707
Tyrant

Postby LordLucan » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:43 pm

Probably a minor glitch. I'll see what the more technically-minded mods think.
Check out the start of my new serialised novel, Gingerbread, published with Jukepop Serials (It is free to read, so please read and comment). Here's the link, enjoy:
https://www.jukepopserials.com/home/read/1367/?chapter=2&p=0&sl=10
LordLucan

Postby Vivia » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:43 pm

When I clicked on Shoutmix it said something about plans and pricing. Perhaps it's because SB isn't for free anymore.http://www.shoutmix.com/v3/
There is nothing gay about the Princeton fight song. "Oh, the men of Princeton are charging up the rear, holding all the balls..." Okay, I hear it now. – Jack, episode Queen of Jordan
Vivia

Postby schaferwhat‽ » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:23 pm

it seems to still be having a free version.
schaferwhat‽

Postby Mossy Toes » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:37 pm

I seem to remember Pyro having to pay in the past. Perhaps that's just lapsed, that's all.
What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator!
Mossy Toes

Postby Pyroriffic » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:40 pm

Nope, it's not lapsed. And yes, I did set up with the pay-for version.

Haven't looked myself yet, but Shoutmix occasionally have the odd server hiccup.
I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Pyroriffic

Postby Raziel4707 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:35 pm

All I got was a standard "cannot connect" doofer so yeah, glitcheroonie I suspose.
Raziel4707

Postby Major Rawne » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:40 pm

Well it works for me. And so long as it continues to do so that's all I care about.
Major Rawne

Postby Mossy Toes » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:52 pm

Hmm. Just checked myself, and it seems to be working fine.
What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator!
Mossy Toes

Postby Ghurlag » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:10 pm

The Shoutbox seems to be working fine now - I presume it was a temporary issue with shoutmix.

In future, though, post this kind of thing in 'About the Bolthole' - that's where I keep an eye out for technical problems. As I don't tend to use the Shoutbox, this could've persisted for quite a while!

Alternately, I suppose someone could PM me - that's actually advisable if it's urgent, since I get an email notification.

As the misty veil of Albion is cast aside, we turn our gaze to the war-torn island of Albany, where the Red King vies with his former master for the control of a realm in dire threat.
Ghurlag

Postby schaferwhat‽ » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:22 pm

if you cared Ghurlag you'd be here 24/7 just checking it was always working all the time.
schaferwhat‽

Postby Vivia » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:48 am

Ghurlag wrote:The Shoutbox seems to be working fine now - I presume it was a temporary issue with shoutmix.

In future, though, post this kind of thing in 'About the Bolthole' - that's where I keep an eye out for technical problems. As I don't tend to use the Shoutbox, this could've persisted for quite a while!

Alternately, I suppose someone could PM me - that's actually advisable if it's urgent, since I get an email notification.

Sorry for that, Ghurlag. I didn't connect the Shoutbox to the Bolthole, for some reason. I posted this to check if it was just me or everyone, and to complain, heh. Now I know for next time. :)
Vivia

Postby Vivia » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:14 pm

Anyone else having problems with Shoutbox again?
Vivia

Postby Tyrant » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:32 pm

I blame LordLucan. He said *enters the shoutbox riding an elephant* then it broke! Stupid elephant.
My Facebook writing page. Like it, it's awesome!

My Twitter page.

Cytheria

Valerion

I think Valerion could stand toe-to-toe with the best of Gaunt's Ghosts. I loved it. Gundi Da Grot

The sense of threat that permeates the entire piece is fantastic. xrayex

Tash'shi is made of win and awesome. Raziel4707
Tyrant

Postby Ghurlag » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:33 pm

I've seen it this time, thanks. I'll look into it now.

Edit:
Huh, I'm somewhat hindered by not actually having the shoutmix account details. I'll bother the appropriate folks.

The shoutmix website itself is somewhat sluggish, which is telling of what might be the issue here.

As the misty veil of Albion is cast aside, we turn our gaze to the war-torn island of Albany, where the Red King vies with his former master for the control of a realm in dire threat.
Ghurlag

Postby Major Rawne » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:04 pm

Booo. Fail. Work why don't you.
Major Rawne

Postby Vivia » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:09 pm

Shoutbox is in a time loop, repeating our msg. It's been like this for an hour or so.
The message I get:
'503 Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later
Vivia

Postby LordLucan » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:21 pm

Tyrant wrote:I blame LordLucan. He said *enters the shoutbox riding an elephant* then it broke! Stupid elephant.

Hey! Don't listen to him Mister Nose-arm!
Check out the start of my new serialised novel, Gingerbread, published with Jukepop Serials (It is free to read, so please read and comment). Here's the link, enjoy:
https://www.jukepopserials.com/home/read/1367/?chapter=2&p=0&sl=10
LordLucan

Postby Ghurlag » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:05 am

I've got the details and raised the matter with Shoutmix, but I think it's already been resolved, from scanning their Twitter stream.

Essentially, their previously-reliable cache server broke, putting unanticipated strain on the main server. They've fixed it, and left an automated check running to handle this if it ever appears again. Looks promising.

Ghurlag

Next

Return to About the Bolthole