Skip to content

Bloghole Comp - Author Interviews

An area for Bolthole-related business, such as technical issues, moderation consultation and any Bolthole-related topics.

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:12 am

C. L. Werner and Andy Hoare have both agreed to do interviews for the blog. And since this point was raised in the main thread, I am giving people here the opportunity to ask a question of these two gentlemen.

Now. Bill King's interview goes up this coming Monday and after that it will be our mystery author. However, I anticipate there might be some delay for the latter so I want to get out our next interview as soon as possible, which will be Andy Hoare.

So keeping that in mind, I want to mail Andy his questions by friday night. Therefore, people have until friday afternoon to get their questions ready for him. The "deadline" for Herr Werner's questions is Tuesday afternoon.

I will be taking no more than three questions for each author at this time, so keep that in mind. Post your questions here and I'll pick the most suitable questions. There might, I repeat that there might, be follow-up interviews in the distant future so don't worry too much if your questions don't get picked.

Anyways, have away at it.

I need 3 questions to put to Andy Hoare and C. L. Werner. Go!
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution

Re: Bloghole Comp - Author Interviews

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:11 pm

Dan and Nik-Vincent Abnett are also on the list now folks. So get those questions cracking! 3 each for both of them is what I need.
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Postby Liliedhe » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:25 pm

Is there anything special you are looking for in the questions? I suppose you don't want them to be too detailed, so not asking for plot intricacies in one book, right?
"You were a warleader, a fighter, when did you gain such illuminating insight into the minds of others?"
"I learned such things as you and your brothers applied brand to my flesh and parted skin with rasp and knife," snarled Astelan. "When your witches tried to prise open my mind they opened me for an instant and I stared back."
Liliedhe

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:06 pm

Just follow the same format as previous interviews. I do want to do some "detailed" interviews but I'd like to get comfortable with the authors first :)

So feel free to ask the authors about anything other than plot points such as Why did you kill Bragg or is Gaunt going to die?

shadowhawk2008

Postby Vivia » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:51 pm

*lol*

I've questions!
For CL Werner:
How much has H.P Lovecraft influenced your writing?
How do you feel when channelling the nasty creatures and characters in your stories? Is it easy or hard work to write about them?
:)
There is nothing gay about the Princeton fight song. "Oh, the men of Princeton are charging up the rear, holding all the balls..." Okay, I hear it now. – Jack, episode Queen of Jordan
Vivia

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:51 pm

No one else has any questions? Really?

shadowhawk2008

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:02 pm

From Lord of the Night:

Andy:

1. What new projects have you put forward?

C.L:

1. Do you have any more Thanquol and Boneripper novels planned?

2. If so do you think Thanquol will ever meet, and face off against, Tretch Craventail? I greatly desire this since Tretch is the one Skaven whose better at being underhanded than Thanquol.

3. Has any more progress been made on your 40k novel? And if so can you tell us which Space Marines/Chaos Marines most take your interest.

Dan:

1. Will Cherubael be returning in the Bequin trilogy? And will he get plenty of snarky conversations with Eisenhorn and company?

2. Will Prudence and Providence Kys ever return?

3. Mike Lee has mentioned more Darkblade is in the near future, can you confirm this? And if you can has Lee been corroborating with you on the new novels?

4. Do you have any plans to write a Space Marines Battles novel in the future?

Thanks to all three of you for what you can answer.

shadowhawk2008

Postby Bod the inquisitor » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:58 am

If you ever get the chance to talk to Mr Abnett you could always ask him if the Brothers of the snake are ever going to get another outing. Perhaps I’m only one of a few but I liked them.
Ordos: Lectorformator

Enter my children,
Enter and join the betrayed,
Enter and leave the light,
Enter and forever join the ranks of the damned.

My latest effort: Useful Adversaries and Heart’s desire

Stories from my past
Bod the inquisitor

Postby Liliedhe » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:48 am

Me2. An Iron Snake appeared in Salvation's Reach, btw. Made me smile. ^^
"You were a warleader, a fighter, when did you gain such illuminating insight into the minds of others?"
"I learned such things as you and your brothers applied brand to my flesh and parted skin with rasp and knife," snarled Astelan. "When your witches tried to prise open my mind they opened me for an instant and I stared back."
Liliedhe

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:59 am

I shall try to work that in as well :)

shadowhawk2008

Postby Athelassan » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:50 pm

What is Jeremias Scrivner?

Although there's no way he'll answer that.

Ath
Athelassan

Postby Carandini » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:18 am

You should ask Herr Professor Adelstein ;)
Carandini

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:50 pm

So any more questions for Herr Werner and Dan/Nik Abnett?

Anybody have suggestions on which Author they would like to see on the blog next?

shadowhawk2008

Postby Vivia » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:06 am

I suggest Anthony Reynolds and Rob Sanders.
There is nothing gay about the Princeton fight song. "Oh, the men of Princeton are charging up the rear, holding all the balls..." Okay, I hear it now. – Jack, episode Queen of Jordan
Vivia

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:23 am

Moving the thread here.

shadowhawk2008

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:30 am

Still looking for questions to put to Dan/Nik Abnett.

shadowhawk2008

Postby Vivia » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:49 pm

Meh, I was searching for this topic.
I has questions:
Why go back to Gilead with Gilead's Curse after so many years?
Vivia

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:00 am

Good question!

shadowhawk2008

Re: Bolthole Blog

Postby Liliedhe » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:42 am

If you are going to interview him, I have questions:

How is writing WH different from writing Star Wars? There are themes that turn up in both franchises (like, corruption, duty, personal sacrifice - and the warp is basically the Dark Side of the Force) but in general it seems the SW universe is more 'optimistic' (despite half of the franchise ending on a massive downer ending). Would he agree there?

Also, SW has a strict canon system, while WH is far more open. How does that make for a different creative process?
Liliedhe

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:59 am

Moved here. And excellent questions. I have already had a chat with him about doing an interview. He is rather busy at the moment so he is going to be one of the authors for the new year.

I look forward to doing his interview. If you have more questions just let me know!

shadowhawk2008

Next

Return to About the Bolthole