Skip to content

Guest Posts and Reviews

An area for Bolthole-related business, such as technical issues, moderation consultation and any Bolthole-related topics.

Guest Posts and Reviews

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:50 am

Hey folks, as has the norm been for the last three weeks (including this week as well) we have had a guest post from a Boltholer to put up on the blog every week.

I'd like to continue that trend and therefore this thread is going to be the permanent place for any and all to post their ideas for what they would like to talk about for the blog. Either me or Squiggle will get back to you about the full content of your post.

The process is going to be (somewhat) like this:

1. You post an idea. E.g. Lord Lucan - I want to do a guest post about world-building.
2. Blog admin gets back to you. E.g. Shadowhawk - Arite, LL, sounds good. PM (or email as befitting) me your full idea and we'll take a look at it. At this point you just need to send a small snippet of your planned guest post.
3. Blog admin gets back to you again. E.g. Shadowhawk - LL, I really like that idea, do a full post and we'll set it up. This is when you send the full thing.

Points 2 and 3 are really just one point but I've split it up for convenience given that there is a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes for the blog at the moment and me and Squiggle are fairly busy with other stuff as well. Splitting it up gives us some leeway in getting all the guest posts organized and posted.

Look forward to reading what you people come up with!
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Location: Battle-barge Spear of Lycaeus of the Angels of Retribution

Re: Guest Posts

Postby Raziel4707 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:15 am

Dear Bolthole Blogulaters.

I would like to do a post about my favourite sort of protagonists in the whole wide world; anti-heroes.

I've had no small degree of success with my Coburn stories, tales about inqusitor Vheilan and such and would like to do as essay of sorts about why they appeal and what I think this sort of character has to offer the reader.

love and kisses,

Raziel4707.
Raziel4707

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:43 pm

Arite, PM me the essay when it is ready.
Shadowhawk's Shade My 40k/writing/review blog. You can check out all my reviews here.

My current fiction projects - Veergati: The Scarlet Records, an Indian space opera inspired by Star Trek.
shadowhawk2008

Postby LordLucan » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:45 pm

Raz: I would love to read about that.
Check out the start of my new serialised novel, Gingerbread, published with Jukepop Serials (It is free to read, so please read and comment). Here's the link, enjoy:
https://www.jukepopserials.com/home/read/1367/?chapter=2&p=0&sl=10
LordLucan

Postby Raziel4707 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:29 pm

Hooray! That's a good sign, will take me a while so I can do it justice but shall be in the pipeline.
Raziel4707

Re: Guest Posts and Reviews

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Threat title has been changed.

The first official Bloghole review will be going up tomorrow. And its fan-frikkin-tastic.

Thanks to MalkyDel for providing it. Unless any of you chaps or chapettes have been following us on Twitter you won't know what it is about :) So let's keep it a surprise shall we?

shadowhawk2008

Postby MalkyDel » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:32 am

It was my pleasure :)
MalkavianDelirium

<3 Fan of Erebus <3

Then one day at Istvaan III,
Horus came to say.
"Fulgrim with your clothes so bright,
won't you help me slay tonight?"
Then all the rebels loved him
And they shouted out with glee.
"Fulgrim the Traitor Primarch,
you'll go down in history!"
MalkyDel

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:32 am

The review is now up:

http://wp.me/p1Wfo2-5x

Catechism of Hate by Gav Thorpe.

shadowhawk2008

Postby Liliedhe » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:34 am

Nice. I'll not read it, though, not before I got the book.

Also, if you are interested, I still have a review of Horus Rising lying around, written about a year ago, when this was the first BL EVER I had read. Maybe it's interesting for the perspective of what the newbie sees in the book? ;)
"You were a warleader, a fighter, when did you gain such illuminating insight into the minds of others?"
"I learned such things as you and your brothers applied brand to my flesh and parted skin with rasp and knife," snarled Astelan. "When your witches tried to prise open my mind they opened me for an instant and I stared back."
Liliedhe

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:27 am

Sure, I'd be more than interested in it :)

When you've got it ready just email it over.

shadowhawk2008

Postby Liliedhe » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:06 am

Might take a bit, I need to find the right USB stick... It's not where I thought it was :( *chaos rules*
"You were a warleader, a fighter, when did you gain such illuminating insight into the minds of others?"
"I learned such things as you and your brothers applied brand to my flesh and parted skin with rasp and knife," snarled Astelan. "When your witches tried to prise open my mind they opened me for an instant and I stared back."
Liliedhe

Postby Vivia » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:10 am

This is of interest, it's the next HH novel on my wishlist.
There is nothing gay about the Princeton fight song. "Oh, the men of Princeton are charging up the rear, holding all the balls..." Okay, I hear it now. – Jack, episode Queen of Jordan
Vivia

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:51 am

Still looking for more guest posts from people or reviews or anything else you guys fancy.

shadowhawk2008

Postby Liliedhe » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:07 am

So far, I have been unable to dig up the correct USB stick^^. Looks like Chaos wins for now. :P
Liliedhe

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:50 pm

Grats Liliedhe, your review got linked by the BL social feeds :)

shadowhawk2008

Postby Liliedhe » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:54 pm

*squeeeeee*

Thats great *is happy*.

Except, you know, it never actually says it's mine. ;)
Liliedhe

Postby Vivia » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:59 pm

Congrats!
It's the only HR review I have seen online, and it's neutral, making it more helpful IMO.
There is nothing gay about the Princeton fight song. "Oh, the men of Princeton are charging up the rear, holding all the balls..." Okay, I hear it now. – Jack, episode Queen of Jordan
Vivia

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:39 pm

If anybody else has any reviews or guest posts they wanna do for the blog do let me know.

shadowhawk2008

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:16 pm

Review of Darius Hinks' Sigvald by Vivia:

http://www.thebolthole.org/blog/2012/09 ... -a-review/

shadowhawk2008

Postby shadowhawk2008 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:53 am

New guest post/review is now up on the blog.
http://www.thebolthole.org/blog/2013/02 ... ing-a-god/

Bod talks about Orson Scott Card's How to Write Science fiction and Fantasy.

shadowhawk2008

Next

Return to About the Bolthole