Introduction Thread

An area for Bolthole-related business, such as technical issues, moderation consultation and any Bolthole-related topics.

Introduction Thread

Postby Pyroriffic » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:00 pm

I am sure that there was once one of these, back in the 2009 days when the Bolthole first came into being. In the wake of an arrival of lots of new members (thanks, Gav!), I thought it might be quite nice to set another one up so our newcomers can be made to feel RIght At Home [tm].

I'm me. I'm here. I... do things.

Have I said too much? I've said too much.
I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Pyroriffic

Re: Introduction Thread

Postby Squiggle » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:23 pm

Never!!

Hello - I go by Squiggle, and moderate and generally am currently trying to get this forum back to the thriving place it was. Please check out the post on Gav Thorpe's excellent blog if you haven't already.

In the mean time please get in touch if you have any queries, questions etc and I will do my best to help. But personally I recommend just diving in, and if you want to discuss something and we lack a topic for it, then start your own!!

I should also add that the site is in the process of being updated so you may come across the occasional bum link, but that will all be sorted once we have located the sacred hammer of the Omnissiah and smote the malfunctioning cogitator thricely... well you get my drift. (That being said, I am sure we used to use a sacred spanner).

My personal baby has always been the fan-fiction forums, as I think there is huge mileage in getting critique for your work, and if you want to write for the Black Library, then you are going to need to practice somewhere! I do my best to keep up with the stories that are being posted, so I am hoping to see some new stuff over the coming weeks.

We also have a writing challenge around Space Marines, so check that out and get involved.
If my mind's the weapon, my heart's the extra clip

Forum Moderator

@sqyiggle
Squiggle

Postby HungryP » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:15 pm

Hello all!

Add me to the list of people coerced over here by Gav's blog post. It works! ;) I wish I had discovered this forum long ago, but hey, better late than never.
HungryP

Postby Pyroriffic » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:21 pm

Welcome!

Come in and grab a bean bag. Slouch awhile.
I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Pyroriffic

Postby Kentigern » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:33 pm

Hey everyone. I've gone through spells of writing and spells of not on here, so keen to contribute to getting this amazing place buzzing again. It has been a huge source of inspiration for me, so here's to that happening again!

In terms of myself, I'm Scottish, been gaming a rather long time and write sentences that are far too long, over the top and needlessly wordy.
Good guys go to heaven.

Bad guys send them there.
Kentigern

Postby Xisor » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:49 pm

Good afternoon, everyone, and an especially big

WELCOME TO THE BOLTHOLE!

to all who'd not been welcomed aboard before this weekend!

---

I'm the supposed inheritor of Pyroriffic's legacy (though as she's not dead and also still here, that's a debatable inheritance!) as Admin hereabouts, but my tyranny should be fairly minimal and bloodless.

(I do fear if the Bolthole had a running word count, I might be dangerously near the front, but with concision being far away from what might be called "a strength of mine", that's merely an statement for quantity over quality.)

That said, I'm keen on Black Library fiction, an extremely infrequent fanfic writer, but not terrible as a modern epistolarian. (E.g. writes nonsense online.)

On the personal side, I'm a few years out of living in Scotland all my life, but nowadays based out of Canterbury.
"When my housemate puts his bike in the middle of the living room floor, I find that inordinately jarring, annoying and rude, but for me to refer to it as "genocide" would be incorrect." -Ath
xisor.wordpress
Xisor's Dice-o-matic Maiminator
Xisor
Site Admin

Postby Chun the Unavoidable » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:34 pm

I did not say this.

I am not here.
Chun the Unavoidable

Postby schaferwhat‽ » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:53 pm

Chun the Unavoidable wrote:I did not say this.

I am not here.

Chun stole my line. So I guess I am here, but that is only the start of this mystery...
schaferwhat‽

Postby SLowrey » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:49 pm

Just signed up thanks to the twitter post by Gav. From the states, but came to the Weekender a few weeks ago. Great event!
SLowrey

Postby Squiggle » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:54 pm

SLowrey wrote:Just signed up thanks to the twitter post by Gav. From the states, but came to the Weekender a few weeks ago. Great event!

Glad you enjoyed it and even better that you found your way here. I hope you enjoy.

Forum Moderator

@sqyiggle
Squiggle

Postby Athelassan » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:20 pm

Always great to see new members. Welcome to the 'hole and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Ath
Athelassan

Postby theCrowe » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:06 pm

Hi folks,

Was pointed this way by a fellow Dakka Fiction forum poster. I do a fair bit of short fiction writing when the mood takes me almost exclusively 40k fiction. I'm here to post fan-fiction, take part in writing challenges and generally read more good work.
I'm a big fan of Orks and Grots so if that's your bag look out for my stories.
Glad to meet you all. Thanks for being here.
theCrowe

Postby Squiggle » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:42 pm

theCrowe wrote:Hi folks,

Was pointed this way by a fellow Dakka Fiction forum poster. I do a fair bit of short fiction writing when the mood takes me almost exclusively 40k fiction. I'm here to post fan-fiction, take part in writing challenges and generally read more good work.
I'm a big fan of Orks and Grots so if that's your bag look out for my stories.
Glad to meet you all. Thanks for being here.

Sounds great. I'm really keen to get the fan-fiction forum here buzzing again. I look forward to seeing your work - not much ork and grot fiction gets posted. Good to have you on board.

Forum Moderator

@sqyiggle
Squiggle

Postby MalkyDel » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:53 am

'Ello all. I'm Malky. Been here a while after I'd engaged a little on the old BL forums, back in the day. I'm Scottish, a minor freelance writer, and a general all around fan of 40k. It's good to see so many people flooding in; gives me hope for the future :D
MalkavianDelirium

<3 Fan of Erebus <3

Then one day at Istvaan III,
Horus came to say.
"Fulgrim with your clothes so bright,
won't you help me slay tonight?"
Then all the rebels loved him
And they shouted out with glee.
"Fulgrim the Traitor Primarch,
you'll go down in history!"
MalkyDel

Postby The Glass Ninja » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:57 am

Hello all - I usually go by Glass. I'm Scottish and I've been a fan of Warhammer since before I can remember - from the Chaos Warriors of the old world to the brave Imperial Guard of the Imperium, I've found plenty to love. I discovered this place through a random link that took me to Gav Thorpe's blog talking about the forum. Hopefully, I can find myself a decent nook though I don't claim any great writing skill or acumen.
The Glass Ninja

Return to Board index

Return to About the Bolthole