Song of the New Mind: AoD fanfiction.

For Warhammer fiction not strictly from either universe.

Song of the New Mind: AoD fanfiction.

Postby SIngemeister » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:04 pm

Jokven died with little struggle. The continent of Arpeth, which had been the most densely civilised, in contrast to the agricultural lands of Myrt and Tholyk, had been gutted by the unstoppable rage of the lost executioner. 
Once, the planet had a different name, one of numbers and reverence to heroes of old. When a demagogue had turned the planet away from the dying light of the Astronomicon, she named it anew, after herself. She could not have known how this echoed the deeds of those heroes of old so long ago. 
We know. I know. Gathered from innumerable minds of man, eldar and marine, we know the truth. 

The carnifex was unstoppable. The people of Jokven did not have the weapons to fight it. Those few astartes who bothered with this backwater planet and its chaos cults either fled from it or died trying to slay it. The factories set tanks and aircraft and all manners of soldier against it, but the creature was too old and too well-fed, and its regenerative abilities had only grown with the thousands of years it had existed. How can you kill something, when every wound you make heals over in minutes? It was said that every night its eye regrew, and every day it tore it out again in madness at its disconnection from the Hive Mind. 
Most of the people fled to the other continents, forming great shanty towns on the beaches, scraping a living from the hydroponic farms. With them came the chaos cults, the devotees of the pleasure god and they formed their hedonistic temples once again from what they had salvaged. 

When the dead Craftworld Malan'tai appeared in the solar system, the people panicked. The few spacecraft that hadn't been scuttled to make housing or a sad attempt at killing the carnifex took to the stars to try and fight it. They didn't stand a chance against us. We saw in our minds the great twisted wraithbone pseudopods reaching out to engulf the pathetic ships of our victims, met them as they were dragged onboard. The Zoats took them away to be implanted or to have their minds added to ours by the Ymgarl purestrains. Within the hour, we learned all they knew about their planet and its defences, and we were marching through the experimental fields to the muster-grounds. Others joined us. More of my brothers and sisters coming in step with us. From their eastern hunting grounds, came the bone-covered, clawed dragon-marines, herded by their white-headed magi, who guided their snarling black-armoured charges with subtle instructions that were just on the edge of my mental hearing. They were the greatest representatives of the New Mind's will. Who were we to try and eavesdrop upon them? Genestealers, rescued from those corrupted ships that had been lost in the whisper-space, walked in front of our army. The great Harridan, the last true biotitan, glided languidly overhead, with its cargo of tentacle-faced hunters circling it like pilot fish. Zoats, lictors, burrowing creatures, twisted descendants of gaunts and rippers. As we marched, the group swelled to a crowd, and that crowd swelled into an army. Thousands, millions of us, striding in step. 

The Hunters already stood at the muster-grounds, silent and immobile. Some of them looked like they had tried to struggle against their controllers - a couple of brain slugs lay dead on the floor. Their leader was being held by a couple of them as he swore and thrashed helplessly. The Icthiam horror that had had him in its thrall had been battered against the ground and now twitched feebly there. For a moment, I caught his raging eyes

The Night Lord Daemon prince had grown fat off the fear of a thousand worlds that had died screaming when he landed upon them. Krieg Acerbus had evaded the Hunt for centuries, taunting us with the carcasses of planets he had left in his wake. Sometimes he would leave us messages, written on the sides of cathedrals to the Emperor. This time, there would be no running. The Wild Hunt always catches its prey. I will take his head for the Khan and for the

I broke eye contact with him. He was too strong-willed to be controlled. I would have to recommend he be contained somewhere. He was too useful to be killed, but this was a waste of pure resources. Let him be imprisoned with the eldar construct and that necron. The astartes who was so fond of his chainsaws could act as a leader instead. 
The magi talked to us as we grabbed weapons and armour from the muster-grounds' stashes. We knew of their pitiful defences, of all the munitions they had squandered against the cyclopean butcher. There was hardly a need for a plan. This would be no war, merely slaughter. Myrt would be where we struck, as the shattered remains of the government had hidden there. We would sweep away their resistance, capture any we could and bring them into the glory of the New Mind, then let the Harridan and the Parasite carry out their function. The Genestealers would be sent to subdue and tire the carnifex before it was returned to the New Mind. The continent of Tholyk would have their souls added to the essence of the Doom of Worlds. 
SIngemeister

Re: Song of the New Mind: AoD fanfiction.

Postby bellum regis » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:15 pm

Hey SIgnmeister will you be updating song of the new mind anytime soon?
bellum regis

Re: Song of the New Mind: AoD fanfiction.

Postby SIngemeister » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:20 pm

Possibly. It's been on the backburner, I'm afraid to say.
SIngemeister

Return to Board index

Return to Warhammer Adrift